1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Please buff, or change, or fix, or do anything with RBF

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by Alferino, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Alferino

Alferino New Member

I miss the old days of RBF popping all day with loads of people on NA (i dont play eu so im not too sure how rbf is going over there)
    but at the moment we actually next to never have people in rbf, i would love to see changes come to rbf to where more people are getting in there and fighting, hopefully some changes to rbf are coming soon?
    On top of this, i also think we should remove the useless nodewar tiers and only have T4 nodewars available, this will drive alot more pvp on those nodewars & stop people from just sniping dead nodes for a payout, revive nodewars, revive rbf <3

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
    Yoshi69 likes this.
  2. Alferino

Alferino New Member

Everyone please comment your opinion and what you would personally like to see change with RBF to make it alot more active, hopefully the more people talk about it the better chance we have of getting changes to it

3. carlo001

carlo001 New Member

i like RBf but i don't go RBF, there are too many musa,kuno,ninja,archer, RBF is not funny, the class balance is too bad

loboram likes this.
  4. Alferino

Alferino New Member

im assuming you play EU? is EU rbf actually popping or?
    on NA its completely dead, absolutely noone plays

5. Choovanski

Choovanski New Member

server isn't in a good state. RBF is empty a lot because people are just afk or not playing

6. z0h

z0h New Member

NA RBF pops about once or twice per day. I did 2 RBF's yesterday for example.

7. bsari004

bsari004 Proficient

i saw ppl fighting at RBF in eu some of them spamming in server chat
    i personally join 1 or 2 times ever week, i don't think the reward that rbf gives now is not enough,, i remember ppl joining rbf all the weekend mostly semi-afk players but still it was worth to spent time in to and reward was good.

If we get and increase of caphras reward amount then maybe i might think to join more

8. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

I like your enthusiasm about an aspect you really want to get boosted in the GamezBD project, however the answer that is the most obvious I can immediately give you is that BDO is not a game that is inviting towards new players who just want to try out the PvP content of the game. Meaning it is not Tiered or balanced in any useful way, just because it is entirely gear-oriented. However SOME players find it stimulating to behave really badly about this fact, basically ruining the gaming experience for many new players, who would otherwise have loved to stay and get to know the game better.

So the problem is not that the "Red Battle Field" is under-rewarded or something like that, it is entirely because there is absolutely NO balance to accommodate new players to the PvP aspect of the game. Meaning that they have to face-off against top geared (and sometimes bullying-spoiled-egocentric-brat behaving) players, that have nothing left over for new players just trying out PvP for the first time, which leads most to think that the game is terribly buggy or that those players are cheating somehow, and they eventually either Never play PvP again OR just leave the server altogether.

While this is amusing to some (dumbarse-selfcentered-toddler-brained) players that they take it personal and behave like "snowflakes" (bet they have NO idea where that reference came from) for leaving the server after feeling mistreated, it is far from an incentive to stay on GamezBD and get better gear as well as learn how to play the class that they like, not to mention the obvious problems between the classes at the moment, which of course eventually would lead to more "active"-players as well as many many more trying out PvP and finding they enjoy that aspect as well as all the rest of the game.

Well I hate to break this to you, since we have had our differences before, but Black Desert Online is NOT a PvP-game, no matter how much some players would lie about that fact or dream it would be. So while I agree with you in that the server could indeed be in a better state, but it is due to MANY problems which are centred around how the server is being "mistreated" in general by some players. The abuse of the server-chat is something that most new players stumble into, otherwise it is the small or large bugs here and there, or the PK'ing players who are oblivious to the fact that they are not sure who they are being abusive towards, could be a completely new player who just entered the area for the first time, who had NO idea that someone could be so egocentric to believe that they can call out "my spot", and afterwards just repeatedly kill the new player over and over again. So it is indeed how the players behave collectively that makes the largest impression on completely new players to our community, some of the new players are just defectors from Retail-BDO and they might be looking for a place without the toxicity as well as making the abusive mistreatment of other players a common phenomenon.

Yeah this is indeed a huge problem for exactly trying to revive this part of the game in particular, since you would join the Red Battle Field only to find three or more players -supposedly on your team- just AFK'ing in the spawning area for the rewards at the end, basically all they would have to do is move a bit around every few minutes without ever joining the battle itself, so that in itself is a gigantic problem for making the RBF a viable place for any balance. Regardless of having players join with 150 AP/DP without ANY protection against top geared players, the horrible Class balancing (some OverPowered Classes due to bugs), then throw in some AFK'ing players as well.

Think about it for a moment, if it was the very FIRST time you had ever gotten into the game and really wanted to try out (just to try it out) the PvP aspect of the game, then be met by all of this shaite, as well as being one-shot killed by the same player over and over again without EVER having a chance, seriously how the frag would you EVER wanna go through that again?

9. PsychoticPR

PsychoticPR New Member

@loboram
    Fixed

Like if you agree.

Choovanski likes this.
  10. Choovanski

Choovanski New Member

gonna take a lot of convincing to convince me killing people on arsha channel is mistreating them @loboram

it's a PvP channel with no karma loss on player kill. it accommodates PvP. the channel is literally designed for me to be able to kill people with no negative consequences. so I really can't see how mistreating or bullying players when I one shot them on arsha and push them out of grind spots. it's a PvP channel, just by being on it you are asking for a fight.

as for the game not being a PvP game, lol. this entire game is made up of three main things, monster grinding, lifeskills and PvP. it's obviously a PvX game with a heavy focus on PvP, don't be deluded lol.

would there be an arsha channel for me to kill players if this wasn't a PvP game? riddle me that

///

anyhow back on topic. Xmas event with double rewards for RBF has got RBF much more active in the week. both the extra rewards, and the bonuses for SD and regular grinding are definitely motivating players to be more active and play more.

rewards always being this good, or even further improved would definitely be helpful in maintaining this level of activity

11. Blankspot

Blankspot New Member

keep forward guys.. XD

12. loboram

First up @Choovanski, you and I have very rarely seen things eye to eye, so I do understand why you would start by outright lying about my statements regarding the PvP aspect of Black Desert Online. Saying that I have mentioned the Arsha channel in ANY other way, but a perfect means for PvP'ers to have their fill on our community, is an outright lie. You are free to go through ALL my posts in case you think I am lying about that.

Secondly, this should clear up ANY misgivings about what the game Black Desert Online is all about:

13. PsychoticPR

PsychoticPR New Member

@Choovanski We will never understand why Loboram thinks its a PVE game. Let us move on. He will flood the forums with essays and 10 part novels about how he wants us to think the game is PVE.
    But we clearly see and understand that spamming R is not the way this game was meant to be played.

Choovanski and onlydehaka like this.
  14. loboram

I do suppose that you are all part of the same guild or circle of gaming-friends, but there is no need to behave all tribalistic about this forum pal. Some people agree with each other and others simply disagree, there is no great mystery about that aspect of an open forum, but if people start pilling onto one player for using the forum just because those people have a limited-spoiled-brat-dumbarse-like mindset, where it is completely okay for them to bully and intimidate others into submission, then I surely hope that you have arrived at the WRONG forum/community. I will certainly make sure that this sort of behavior is stopped on this community and the players who behave like that on the forum or in-game eventually get banned and have their accounts deleted :)

So just in case you are having trouble reading, here is the direct quotes from the original site and the wiki site about the game of Black Desert Online:

"Thirdly, Black Desert Online is: "A MMORPG..." (https://www.sea.playblackdesert.com/main/index)
    "Black Desert Online (Korean: 검은사막) is a sandbox-oriented fantasy massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) developed by Korean company Pearl Abyss and originally published for Microsoft Windows in 2015." (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Desert_Online)
    I have NO idea why you are being so stubborn and lying about what this game actually is, I guess that it is just to solidify your personal view of this game, when it is clearly not what you say it is."

15. PsychoticPR

PsychoticPR New Member

@loboram
    So if we don't agree with you, we are bullying and intimidating you and we will get our accounts banned and deleted?

16. loboram

Now you must be acting dense if you seriously cannot read nor understand that you have been wrong in your assumption that the Black Desert Online game is and never was was marketed as a PvP-game. That is the ONLY disagreement you are refering to here, since what I was refering to in my previous message was the overly abusive and "trollish" behavior that those type of players have exhibited so far.

I pressume that you are being a "troll" right now, simply by continually adding to the thread simply to quote my messages over and over again, as if it were your only form of amusement, which is quite sad really. So please stay on topic instead of continuing this form of nonsense, also please learn to read what is written, as in the previous three or four quotes I have made directly from Pearl Abyss as well as Wiki, just in case you are still on about BDO being a PvP-game.

17. PsychoticPR

PsychoticPR New Member

So your presumption that I being a troll right now because I disagree with you gives you the right to want my account ban and deleted?

18. PsychoticPR

PsychoticPR New Member

I am not trolling.
    I am genuinely concerned that if people disagree with you they are trolls and need to have their accounts banned and deleted.

To come to a RBF PVP thread and start saying that this is a PVE game and then proceed to tell everyone that they are
    if they don't agree with what you have to say, makes me think really hard that you need to reconsider what you want YOUR rules to be in this community

19. KaiserGrimoire

KaiserGrimoire New Member

But isn't threatening to actively try and ban/delete our accounts for playing the game in an environment where it's encouraged a form of intimidating us into submission? (I.E. Agreeing with your statement about BDO not being a PvP game or to not go around, killing players who try to interrupt or steal your mobs.)

If you stroll into Arsha/RBF without understanding it's PvP and that you're a newish player and expect to do well or be balanced in any kind of way..you're dreaming, plain and simple. It's expected of someone trying out this game.

However, if this said, "new player" is coming from retail, they should already know the state of how the game works and how PvP is handled, so complaining about it is about as pointless as mentioning that you don't see "eye to eye" with someone on the forum on almost every reply.
    As I see it, if this game wasn't big or heavily influenced by PvP, we wouldn't be having this discussion at all.

PsychoticPR likes this.
  20. Jawa

Jawa New Member

what is the ''RBF'' ???