1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

BOYCOTT Auto Group EVENTS

Discussion in 'GamezAION General Discussion' started by Roo, Feb 17, 2020.

?

Do you beleives the Arena Grouping system needs modifying?

Poll closed Feb 24, 2020.
  1. Yes, I do.

40.9%
  2. No, I dont.

59.1%
  1. Kirnick

Kirnick ❤℘℧ℛℇ J☯✓3❤ Forum Legend

If the group is horrible and won't understand on purpose then it's normal to leave, nothing to blame there. There are limits for all, it's already frustrating the fact you alone or with somebody else, have to carry a group. In case the rest of the group continues not following or doing the opposite things on purpose (as happened to me so many times) then don't expect the player to stay. It's better to have an ungeared player who follows the leader orders (which always help the group...like buffs or CCs=fear/sleep/silence/stun/etc) than having a moron who dies on purpose and keeps the ears closed. Patience has a limit...

2. Noir

Noir Proficient

i am referring to "quiters who doesn't even trying" their mindset are too low determining win or lose just by looking at the group members and wont bother to try.

chromeGTT likes this.
  3. Kirnick

Kirnick ❤℘℧ℛℇ J☯✓3❤ Forum Legend

Can't blame them either...is normal somebody doesn't want to lose his/her patience and nerves trying to win with a bad group but preferes to wait and then re-enter. If there would be the chance to enter either as premade or auto-group in a BG, would be much better...so those "weakers" will use their brain trying to win instead to waste other's time. I've already explained how it works on retail, when ungeared people meet good geared ones, then just afk and wait (to get the reward anyway...otherwise in case they don't want the reward they just quit). Point is they all play to improve their gear and have a bit of fun...the important is to cooperate.

Roo likes this.
  4. Roo

Roo Guest

Why waste and energy on a losing fight, and trying to lead. That sounds like hope instead of good judge, and hope alone can't win anything. It's not worth the time, that you could spend getting into another run of the event. should people with good gear and skill suddenly be punished for those that have neither? you can't cooperate with anyone that is not your equal economics 101. In this case we're talking about gear and capability of surviving an attack and you trying to keep this person alive. let them struggle and figure it out, and have some faith that they're smart capable humans. Coddling someone isn't going to make them a good player, ad better player, or continue to play this game. Lot's of really good player that rose up from nothing STILL QUIT! you are not saving the server one player at a time this is not some utopian dream. I have no problems helping anyone that asks for advice and tips, but until you get there don't expect to be carried there. That's welfare and it's not fair to that player. They should develop skill in class at the rate of their gear. Being under geared is not a matter of if, it's when because at one point no matter how veteran you there will come a time when your gear is considered outdated, are you going to the server then?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2020
  5. FishAsian

FishAsian New Member

ok

Yoshiniko likes this.
  6. Valtos

Valtos ¢нαяα¢тєя

7. Lag

Lag ♪ ємєяιтυѕ ♪

You sound like a desperate _____ who wants to win. Oh... you can't please everyone.

8. OliverStylez

OliverStylez Legendary Box Hunter Forum Legend

I want to preface my response to the original post by @urscillaaion by stating some facts about Gamez in general...
    1. The server is free to play, and while donating and voting are encouraged, they are not by any means required to be able to participate or thrive.
    2. PvP is and always will be a massive part of the server since most people that join this server instead of retail chose it because they want to participate and enjoy the end game PvP content faster than is possible on retail servers.
    3. I'm going to quote straight from the dictionary here, so pardon me while I paste some pre-written jargon here...
    From Websters Dictionary; Fair
    adverb
    1. 1.
      without cheating or trying to achieve unjust advantage
    --------------------------------------------------
    From Websters Dictionary; Random
    adjective
    1. 1.
      made, done, happening, or chosen without method or conscious decision.
    --------------------------------------------------

As you can see, there is a correlation between these two words, specifically due to the fact that in order to be fair, one must not intend to give an unjust advantage to one side or another, and random in its essence gives no favor to one side or another.

Since we established that fair = random, lets put to plain words what you are trying to do here... You are trying to gain an edge in grouped PvP combat.
    You want to win. That's obvious and apparent. You are tired of losing and you want to gain the upper hand by being able to hand pick your teammates to gain an advantage, thereby removing the randomness, and thus, fairness.

I want to reiterate the fact that your participation in this server is not paid for, and your participation in the events is not mandatory. You can either click "yes" to join the event, or "no" to continue sitting AFK, or you can choose a new game to play. No one is forcing you to join the event. Your little "boycott" will literally achieve nothing since it affects neither the players that actually play and enjoy the game for what it is, nor do you pay to be a part of the PvP events...

I've already stated the actual facts, but I'll reiterate... Random = fair, and the server doesn't care who it pits against whom. You are all cannon fodder for it to toss into a ring and it couldn't care less who participates or who doesn't. The very fact that you think the process is one sided and that you think the server or the developers somehow care who wins or loses is honestly hilarious.

First of all... Use real words please.
    Second, no one is forcing you to do anything. Either join the event, or do not. Do or do not... Either way, no one gives a f*k

Here's your power back...

[​IMG]

Joze, Picex, Ethereal and 2 others like this.
  9. Lag

Lag ♪ ємєяιтυѕ ♪

Oh and please, these are the people who basically wants to own Demaha for their own good. You want some land titles? Buy the server then.

"WHATEVER FLOATS YOUR BOAT".

Waspswizzler likes this.
  10. OliverStylez

Honestly I think it's kinda cool that Elyos actually go for and claim the forts. Seems to be their thing and I totally encourage that...

Lol I'd like to see some sort of agreement or something to trade weeks or something between Asmodians and Elyos, and simply just change characters to participate on either side, but that's something the major legions on either side would have to arrange.

I'm just a logic bot here to debunk all the non-factual nonsense and encourage rational long term thinking. I don't do cross faction territory agreements...

11. DOndee

DOndee Filipino Pride 2019 Forum Legend

it would be nice to have cross-faction chat enabled or at least be able to use Nya's Aion Translator to talk to the other faction like how it was back in the day. xD

Valice and OliverStylez like this.
  12. OliverStylez

I saw a guy that patched that into his client and actually had a live translator. I think the video is still on youtube somewhere. I was still trying to figure out how he managed the web-hook or whatever he did when he got banned for tampering with game files, but I don't think he really cared. I wanted that translator so bad... I hated copy pasting text through chrome and having to alt tab every time I wanted to talk to an asmo. Stupid NCSoft :mad:

13. Roo

Roo Guest

Yeah one faction is totally NOT benefiting from The auto group. Clearly.
    @OliverStylez you're trying to refute numbers and data TOS , bias speak that favor your statistical interpretation? Yeah good luck. Random does not equal fair. Random sampling without random assignment is flawed data any first year stats student knows that. Stop trying to preach statistical modeling math to a stats major, you might confuse yourself.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2020
    xSugar likes this.
  14. OliverStylez

You can whine and complain all you like, but the fact remains that your logic is flawed, your solution is detrimental to the functionality of the system, and you ultimately are only after a solution for yourself.

I'm sorry that you aren't having fun (not) but making the system unfair at its very core isn't going to make it "more fair". It'll only make it more enjoyable for anyone in a fully geared group that can stomp any competition.

If you want to win, keep trying. If you don't try at all, you're already a loser... And it seems that boat has sailed... And sunk.

Waspswizzler and Lag like this.
  15. Roo

Roo Guest

yeah I think I made that pretty clear, I'm not trying to hold your hand or anyone else. and clearly by the votes others feel the same.

xSugar likes this.
  16. OliverStylez

1. Yes, I do.
      12 vote(s)
      46.2%
    2. *
      No, I dont.
      14 vote(s)
      53.8%
    Ahh yes. Your voting pool is so deep and extensive. And yes... The votes do show a fairly clear message.

Waspswizzler likes this.
  17. DOndee

DOndee Filipino Pride 2019 Forum Legend

how about cross-faction auto groups? :eek:

Roo likes this.
  18. Roo

Roo Guest

I'm sorry aren't you a writer what about what I said wasn't logical. It may be 2 votes do but clearly other players also feel the same or there would no votes yes or a bigger deficit. You should stop this math lesson while you are ahead. There are players that feel the same. Oh and here is another screen shot of data for you @OliverStylez . Raw facts and number speak louder than words every time.

Attached Files:

xSugar likes this.
  19. Lag

Lag ♪ ємєяιтυѕ ♪

Who votes yes are all TM members, as usual, for "moral support".
    Those who voted no, those are the people who experienced both the win-and-lose in situation in events.

20. Valice

Valice New Member