1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

looking for fellow Rpers

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by Mozra, May 11, 2020.

1. Mozra

Mozra New Member

Hey guys just looking for more people that get into and immerse themselves in their character and the world of bdo. experience doesnt matter its just about having fun. a backstory to read would be awesome but im also a fan of creating as you go
    ps im NA EST just so theres no confusion

2. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

Too bad you're on NA, I got a Social Casual Roleplaying friendly guild on EU, Bloodhawks.

3. angrydinosaur

angrydinosaur New Member

Not really looking for a guild or even to RP regularly, but I used to hold storytelling events on Calph2. I can post my old character's back story here if you are interested. I am running 4 different D and D games weekly at the moment, so I have less of an itch to write short stories at present. But I could log in and tell a story or two every now and again.

I am mostly here to get pearls because I use BDO as a character portrait generator for my D and D games and having pearl costumes would give me more options.

4. loboram

Hmmm, I dislike how you are using our services, but it is not up to me to block players from using them, I would only like it if you actually joined in the game itself instead :)

Really like that you are keeping busy with the Roleplaying, however is it the oldschool way, sitting around a table and rolling dice, or in some other "new" form nowadays?

If I were you, I would start up a blog or something like that, and post the stories in there, with a headsup for readers that the stories are yours, and who knows, maybe that leads to something bigger.

5. angrydinosaur

angrydinosaur New Member

As far as your services, I have engaged communities across multiple MMO's with events for the player base to participate in. The issue in BDO's case was that RPers were sparse and largely trolled with little response from the development team or support staff, and in some cases antagonizing Rpers even more, during my tenure there. I did say I was mostly using the your version of the game for character portraits. It doesn't mean I won't engage the player base when I have more time, if they are interested in content I provide. Either way, I need to get more "stuff" in the game before I would be ready for that anyways.

I have been DMing old school style pen and paper games for over 30 years, across a variety of systems. At current all of my games are virtual, with die rollers, video chat, and software driving the mechanics of the game (roll20, Fantasy Grounds, etc). When there isn't a worldwide illness wandering around, I still run games locally with real dice and 3d printed terrain that I make and paint.

As for a blog or it leading to something bigger, I am of the mentality that my "day" job provides me with the income I need to allow me to engage in my hobbies. If writing became the way I earned my daily bread, I would eventually have to do it when I was uninspired, produce drivel, and I would come to hate it. So I am not looking for something bigger. Just to tell stories or lead works of interactive fiction in my spare time.

Attached Files:

6. loboram

The thing is...BDO has become a mainstreamed game, and while it has been truly toxic on the western-retail-version, our community has in the past and is now a lot more open minded towards different players and play-styles, DESPITE there still being some trolls hanging around, trying to make everyone else as miserable as they are themselves. Hopefully you will one day just join my guild (http://forum.gameznetwork.com/threads/bloodhawks-eu-social-guild-roleplaying-english.212853/), and see for yourself how laid back, casual long-term gaming, can function along with some Roleplaying as well to make things a lot more fun :)

7. VanMerce

VanMerce New Member

H E L P :argh:

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 14, 2020
  8. angrydinosaur

angrydinosaur New Member

Unfortunately Loboram, I am playing on NA, like OP. In addition, usually avoid guilds in MMOs as I have an overdeveloped sense of responsibility and find myself taking on more and more and duties until the game is less fun and more work.

loboram likes this.
  9. loboram

Fair enough, although as I pointed out, if you were on EU then you would easily see how casual gaming can still be somewhat active and rewarding, without you having (or feeling like you have to) "step up" and take over the responsibilities of running the guilds. Once again, games are meant (or at least invented) to have fun.

Also about the whole writing your stories and somehow publishing them, it really doesn't have to be either or, since there are MANY people who like writing, and either do not get paid to publish their writings, OR have a worklife and write stories as well, without having to compromise either.