1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Fishing drop rates

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by SmittyWerben, Sep 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MyNukka

MyNukka New Member

Two things:
    - I have to limit my confidence in this response. I'm back after 2 years of no Gamez (bdo at all), so this "solution" for the fishing quest might not be what it used to be. Disclaimer: this solution in no way diminishes the idea of it still being an issue, or suggesting that it would be nice for more transparency here.

SOLUTION FOR ME 2 YEARS AGO: I realized in one day what most are saying. Drop rates are "odd" for blackfin and the perch. I simply tried the only other method I thought of and had never used it before.....harpoon.
    I grabbed me a harpoon, came back out, and got the fish in the time I had expected from actually fishing. Aka one sitting. My location was never the issue.

I will note that at this time, there wasn't a drop rate killing ynix seed-type drop. These drops really do need to have way more value, or not be bottlenecked by another item required to get any value from it (like daily reward). Without them having more use, they SEVERELY cripple arguably the most important aspect of this game which is rate related to a life skill. It literally adds rng to rng exponentially to a point of something barely being possible, despite being possible.

loboram likes this.
  2. Jujuba

Jujuba Legendary Member Forum Legend

Blackfin Sea Perch isn't a harpoon fish, at least not anymore, you can check it both on bdocodex and bdofishmap. I do believe when you say that got it two years ago with harpoon, because here on gamez we could literally get any fish specie with harpoon back then, but we had several updates to fishing made by Pearl Abyss, one of them was to put all Rare quality species caught in Margoria in one shared group, meaning they can be caught in any of the Margoria sea areas. With this change, some Rare fishes got really hard to obtain, one of them is the Blackfin Sea Perch, players from retail also reported fishing for 3 days or more in order to get it, others got it in 15min. Right now we're doing tests to collect some data from retail and compare. Soon Kolka will have something for us.

3. MyNukka

MyNukka New Member

Ahh thanks for the clarification. Been seeing it said a lot and back when I did it no one on Gamez really did it so I found a simple solution that I know a lot of people never even fathomed.
    Makes sense considering Gamez had just gotten most sea content, but most of it didn't with quite right.
    Was worth a shot trying to help you unfortunate souls™️ <---(unintended sea pun) lmao

Jujuba likes this.
  4. gamezacc

gamezacc Getting there

you can catch all of them in margoria...

5. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

I am sorry to say that I fully understood exactly what you wrote, as well as how hard the development team is working to make things right, but who are you (again) to "interpret" my replies?

You (as usual) are just imagining things, when you want to make things up about my replies, I was merely asking a question, nothing else, and it is very much you who is putting words or meaning into whatever I write.

It would be very much appreciated if you stop harassing me, since you have a long history of doing so on this forum, and now that you are part of the GamezBD-staff, you should REALLY reign in your imagination when it comes to players just asking a question, because I am just a player now, and I have never sought out to defy you, or be annoying towards you, or whatever you imagine.

6. Jujuba

Jujuba Legendary Member Forum Legend

@loboram I already gave you a Verbal Warning. I have nothing else to say, you should stop being delusional.
    I'm going to close this topic to avoid those nonsenses, if and when @Kolka need he will re-open and answer to the thread.

Please, those who reported the fishing issue, just be patient.

7. Kolka

Kolka <Prison Officer> Staff Member Super Moderator

We reworked Prized fish obtaining system, it will make players obtain more randomly types of fish and it will help to finish quests where Prized fish of different types must be catched. On next maintance it this patch will be applied. Ty for report.

RokuVI likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.