1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Solved Reshade graphic tool blocked by SmartGuard

Discussion in 'Problems' started by Karakabra, Sep 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karakabra

Karakabra New Member

Hello,
    Since the update v.855 (10-09-2018) SmartGuard is blocking this useful graphic tool that improves Black Desert graphics. SmartGuard blocks the file dxgi.dll
    Reshade isnt any hack or cheat, just its a cool graphic tool that Ill recommend to try all BD players.
    The result using it is better that activating the Remastered option, its tested by me in Official server.
    I hope GamezBD allows to use it again.

The difference with same settings:
    Default: https://imgur.com/a/pQhwdRG
    Using Reshade: https://imgur.com/a/gwGGW80

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
  2. BlackPPl

BlackPPl New Member

I agree with karakabra, this should be abled to put in the game, it is a very useful tool...

3. Excalibur98

Excalibur98 New Member

I agree with both, the reshade tool isn't a hack, I think it's unfair that this tool is blocked since it is something that serves those people that the game on this server is doing poorly. I hope some gm responds to our requests

4. Ashkelan

Ashkelan New Member

Reshade isn't intended to be a hacking software but it's powerful enough that people can write cheating functionalities for it in some games, and it also hooks into the game, so some anti cheats block it, it's not very surprising. That being said yes they probably should whitelist it, doubt anyone would use it for cheating purposes in bdo, there's enough actuals hacks floating around...

5. xMovingTarget

xMovingTarget MadKing

I need my reshade back man. I need that clock overlay and the sharpen filters. The game looks blurryAF. I ran reshade for 2 years in BDO. Ever since RU early headstart. The game looks strange now. You cant write anything extreme within the Directx engine that could alter the game. Most current cheats hook in via lua scripts. Reshade is not scripts. It only applies Graphic filters. SmartGuard even block the nvidia internal driver overlay for fps. And also Nvidias gamefilter. Which could have been at least an alternative for reshade or sweetFX.

6. Torrezno

Torrezno New Member

I agree, Reshade is inoffensive and BD looks better using it, besides its ridiculous block it here while Official servers is legit use it.

7. xMovingTarget

xMovingTarget MadKing

Not intending to push any agenda.
    But on Official servers it is also 10x easier to hack and not get any consequences ;)

8. h4d3z

h4d3z New Member

The smartguard also blocks vnc and other useful tools that aren't hacks

Zygmunt likes this.
  9. Whineseeker

Whineseeker New Member

Necroposting on this thread.
    Did anything changed since 2018? may I use reshade graphic tool?

10. Jujuba

Jujuba Legendary Member Forum Legend

If it works, yes you may, but a lot has changed to security and such since 2018. Although I find it not useful since we did got remastered as mentioned.
    Btw, I'm closing this topic and giving it as solved. Remember that there's no official support for third part softwares like this one.
    For further information regarding SmartGuard and Third Part Softwares you may directly contact @Kolka.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.