1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

DP is not working as intended or Mobs are bugged

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by Lerend, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Lerend

Lerend New Member

Hi guys, hope you are good and safe ^^
    So lets talk about this topic.. I've seen multiple ppl talking about this on telegram a lot of time so I wanted to test this on my pg and i'd like to say that something is wrong.
    I tested the dmg taken with my 2 valks (Gamez and Retail) so lets get started.
    Something I should say: my retail valk has way less gear compared to the gamez one and less lvls so theorically my gamez valk should take less dmg from mobs but this is not the case.
    First scenario --> Tested valk block with the same mob and with the same buffs
    https://streamable.com/fj8dmf
    Results: My gamez valk could not resist like the retail one and this is something really strange. I mean cmon, how is that supposed to happen??
    Second scenario --> Tested taking raw dmg from the same mob with the same buffs
    https://streamable.com/r1bqpw
    Results: So here the things gonna be spicy. My gamez valk tanked more hit but only thanks to the evasion. I'll try to be more clear. Since I have more gear on gamez i have more evasion so the mobs have more chance to miss me, but what happen when they actually hit? Well the dmg taken is more or less the same on both pg.
    Here are the numbers of the dmg taken -->
    Retail:
    Gamez:
    Conclusions:
    Something is not working atm in Gamez and could be
    1) The DP is not working as intended
    2) Evasion is working as intended but DR does not (remeber valk block scale with DR so this could be an hint)
    3) Mobs stats are bugged or buffed
    Kolka said multiple times that mobs stats are unchanged but something is clearly wrong.
    I hope to have a good response from Kolka and the devs to solve this ^^
    What you guys think? Lets talk about it ♥

loboram and Winning like this.
  2. Kolka

Kolka <Prison Officer> Staff Member Super Moderator

You take character who have another gear, its impossible to compare.
    Need compare same character gear. So nmo sense of such theories.
    For example look on Basilisks if u will have 1000 ap u will anyway do same damage like 400 ap etc.
    We spend near 4 years on current formula so it will be very very vey hard to find difference even if it present. Cuz every 7 days on retail some skills changed, some monster stat corrected. So sure if we will have possibility to stop time and spned near 6-7 month on reverse formula more deep, then we will have perfect one, but we not in vacuum, so it mean if we start to change it now, we with very high chance in result will have just higher difference than now.

loboram likes this.
  3. Lerend

Lerend New Member

Well you made an example for dmg but I didnt test dmg done to mobs I testes dmg taken (I know that there are AP caps in the game)
    About using the same gear, what is the point of doing that? My goal was to show how a retail pg with WAY less gear and lvl could be tankier than my gamez pg and talking about raw numbers its really strange.
    So I repeat that something is not working as intended and I think that is the DR (damage reduction) just look how fast my block get destroyed on my gamez valk.
    To conclude you were talking about retail changes done every 7 days and I agree with you but we have this DP problem since I can remeber (I play since there were only NA server) so probably we have a huge bug with it.
    Hopefully devs can look deeper into this to solve it because its real and not only a theory.

Winning likes this.
  4. fordream8000

fordream8000 New Member

I thought everyone knew mobs in Gamez hit harder than retail as it always like this, used to be much harder which 390 dp feels like only 340 dp as in retail for a long time. Just been nerfed not long ago, it is much better now. I'm ok with current stats, as long as dmg is ok, defence is not big thing, it will be enough as you can gear up much easier than retail. And I never expect Gamez should be same as retail as you can always play at retail why here.

5. bigtablecloth

bigtablecloth Getting there

Listen to the boss, he knows it better than us. Keep it this way, its more challenging.

6. kitty87

kitty87 Guest

it's also why majority players dipped a while back . and people just don't join. it may not be a big deal if the rare drops got a increase to match the strength , people shoulden't need to buy premium or boost .

7. McConnel

McConnel Getting there

People play here to have easier and fairer game, not to play some frankenstein of ideas. Gamez should always focus to have stats and balance same as retail, i came here to play bdo, so does everyone else. You have no idea how many left gamez after monsters buff.

Winning likes this.
  8. fordream8000

fordream8000 New Member

Not everyone at all, and monsters never been buffed, they are just much stronger than retail at the beginning and they have been nerfed a lot already. And buffs on monster dmg can never make game harder, it only do if you don't even know how to play this game. Dp is more than enough in this game, there is no difference between dropping 50 hp and 100 hp, you never going to died and will never slow you down because of this tiny amount if you know how to play the game.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
  9. calicoe

calicoe New Member

sounds like you sit exclusively at simple and easy places like star's end and have never touched any of the endgame spots here. 330dp on retail can tank ash forest better than 380dp here

Winning likes this.
  10. Kolka

Kolka <Prison Officer> Staff Member Super Moderator

If we add monster agro limit u will tank same like on retail. I already explained it, but most of community not wanted it, in past we had 1-2 day with limit it will make grind incoming less profitable per hour.

loboram likes this.
  11. fordream8000

fordream8000 New Member

I grinding both of ash forest and olun valley. Gamez 389 dp is better than retail 370 dp, and it took me two years to reach 370 on retail and two month to reach 389 here. They depend on evasion more than dr, which is no difference bewteen retail and gamez. Idk if your guys did any grinding after the nerf, the descriptions from you are correct before the nerf but now is much better.
    By the way, 330 dp in retail will be killed less than half second in ash forest, there is no case can be even worse than this, 330 dp is not even tanky in sycraia, so idk if you know anything about retail as well. Ash foreset is a 300ap/400dp grinding spot When it was announced.
    Also if you died you will lose crystals and have to p2w to get back exp in retail, But it costs nothing even you died here.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
  12. PSparrow

PSparrow New Member

That's way better than the current system that we have. Maybe in 2018 it would've been harder and it would make grinding less profitable per hour, but in 2021 and with today's meta and gearscore that people have, I'm sure people would melt through mobs (especially if they wouldn't be capped anymore) and would make their money back, if not even make more money than previously before due to being able to clear spots quicker (because once again, as you said, with an agro limit, mobs aren't as tanky and don't deal as much damage either).

13. larroxx

larroxx New Member

i also encountered the DP scaling when i was grinding in Hystria , oh boy i was getting shredded in pieces with 320DP(with urugons and griffon).
    I asked to my guildies and they pointed that damage output of mobs here are buffed.

14. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

First up; Thank you so much for the topic @Lerend also for making the videos which are so incredibly helpful in these situations. It has been something that I have tried to point towards a few times before. I even did the Valkyrie Skill test, testing whether the added DP that this class has in its skill-tree was making any difference or not, but it has been a really long time since I did the test, so I have no idea whether it has been corrected or not.

The thing is; I have long suspected that the combat formula is a bit off here on GamezBD. Now with the new areas and very high gear stats, it is getting a bit more difficult to test since it is supposed to be a somewhat random system.
    Rolls for hit versus evasion, and then adding the damage reduction, with levels adding another difficulty to the formula.
    It isn't a perfect system, that you would be able to get the same results EVERYtime, so it is indeed difficult to test on any day.

Just wanted to remind you that the forum is not supposed to ba a place to insult other players. Saying repeatedly that others don't know how to play, is not a good way to engage and spark a good debate. Also demanding that ALL players play in the exact same way is...well I am going to try to be nice...not productive at all.
    Everyone has the right to play how they feel is the best way, and to make things more balanced, Damage Reduction SHOULD indeed be a proper way to gear your characters, since the Valkyrie has this as a central theme to their build. If ALL characters just HAVE to gear and play the same way, then the point of different classes and skill builds, and even gear, would be a complete loss to the game. Everyone would then play the same class, with the exact same gear, and the same way, which is not a good model if you want all sorts of players playing the game.

So all in all, there should be some more research done on this topic, as it stands to reason that playing a class with great defensive capabilities is an option, and therefore it should have the same possibilities as the other classes in survivability.