1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Customization, FaceTexture & ScreenShot folders get deleted upon doing launcher force check

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by RokuVI, Oct 4, 2020.

1. RokuVI

RokuVI <SilverBullet>

Bug Name:
    *\Documents\GamezBD folder gets deleted upon doing launcher force check
    Bug Description:
    *\Documents\GamezBD folder gets deleted silently upon doing launcher force check.
    If user forgets to backup the folder manually, all files of Customization, FaceTexture & ScreenShot will lost permanently without any recovery option.
    How to reproduce/proof:
    1. Keep *\Documents\GamezBD folder in view before doing force check.
    2. Do the launcher force check.
    3. You will notice the entire GamezBD folder is gone upon force check started.

2. Kolka

Kolka <Prison Officer> Staff Member Super Moderator

Its not a bug, its intended when u do force file check it clear folder for prevent any cache issues.

3. RokuVI

RokuVI <SilverBullet>

I understand it is needed to delete caches to solve some crash issue. I am totally okay if it deletes GameOption.txt, UserCache or Temp.
    But can we keep Customization, FaceTexture & ScreenShot folders? Or game can automatically save screenshots somewhere else?

Gamez launcher in past (when we were still using *\Documents\black desert folder), it won't delete the entire folder so I thought this version won't too, but I ended up lost all my screenshots and customization files in there when force checking.

4. RokuVI

RokuVI <SilverBullet>