1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

So EU Server went up due to 5,000+ players online in NA. How about we also get a SEA server?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by RevelationsOn, Oct 15, 2018.

?

Suggestion/Question: Do we need a SEA server to cater Asian timezone people or no?

1. Yes

70.5%
  2. No

29.5%
  1. RevelationsOn

RevelationsOn Proficient

I know some people might negatively react on this. I myself am thinking if I should suggest this :p.
    So how about a SEA server?
    The only issue most Asian players have are lag/desync in pvp not to mention node war schedules are happening during normal working hours for Asians while it is around 8pm night time for NA players.
    Checked discord bot and we have 6,376 combined from NA+EU servers and that's a big step up coming off from an average of 1k players online months back when gamezbd was still new.
    I haven't seen any more successful private server since Nostalrius WOW closed down years back. I mean, be honest guys.
    NA server then what EU server within a year? That's a big leap and we know there's tons of people willing to donate, stream for advertisements etc to support gameznetwork.
    So I was thinking if this would be possible?
    Having a SEA server?
    (The only problem I have with the current NA server is the node war schedules since Saturday, we do not have any node wars which it would be great if we had one. If at least we can add a Saturday node war and if that would be easier and doable, then scratch this whole SEA server idea lol :p)

2. Noyah

Noyah sɪᴍᴘʟᴇ ɪs ʙᴇsᴛ Forum Legend

I myself think it's a good idea. I believe that such a decision will be taken into account when the player base continues to grow. You never know what to expect :)

3. ArnabSarma

ArnabSarma New Member

SEA server will be great for us. Ping will be a lot lower. My main concern is the fresh restart in SEA server, people have already faced this issue when coming from NA to EU.
    IMO : People will not like this idea to start over again.
    An ETA for SEA server(if it is coming) will be better. :)

RevelationsOn likes this.
  4. RevelationsOn

RevelationsOn Proficient

Hi GM Noyah,

I'm glad your active as always lol.
    Actually the idea itself is not bad at all considering a lot of players are switching from SEA to here due to popular streamers like lolhero etc.
    It's too bad if I would start from 0 (fresh start) to be honest, after being here in gamezbd for almost a year now in just a few months to go hahaha! Not to mention how hard it is to get good accessories, the boss weapon and armor PEN gears are fine those can be done easily but accessories? Nah, that's different lol. Giving out free PEN ogre ring or tungrad necklace etc would be a great start though :p

Putting the main suggestion aside, would having different node wars schedule like T, TH, Sun, would be like in the morning of US instead of the typical 8pm-11pm EST be POSSIBLE?
    Not sure how the code works or if you or kolka can edit that part or it's hard coded etc :p
    But that is really just my issue, not being able to attend on certain days of Node wars :(
    Lags/de sync are fine for me but it would be great if we don't have that, maybe I'm used to it playing on multiple private servers and international servers for more than a decade and a lustrum LMAO

5. zymon66

zymon66 Proficient

Philippines , Mindanao , Agusan Del Norte 8611
    Please add a SEA SERVER this really boost the community population as some asian countries are struggling to play on na servers with 300+ ping and also a fresh start

6. Lanze

Lanze New Member

Totally agree with this. I can't even get pass the intro because of the constant disconnection

7. sphireks

sphireks New Member

Whennnnnnnnnn??????

8. sophia616

sophia616 New Member

it would be great :)

9. RevelationsOn

RevelationsOn Proficient

People from SEA have 250-300ms but most and old gamezbd players don't care about that.
    It's not really a factor why? Play guildwars 2 US i get 300ms but still have no issues.
    The stability is more important.

10. PVPLOVER

PVPLOVER New Member

i made a account in this forum to say that, i will start playing here when an Asian server will be made. I am from India and i want to play this pvp game with very low pings. Once i see a SEA server is up, i will start playing. There is no point in playing a pvp game with 200ms lag ...we Asian players deserve respect and importance.

11. cocosul

cocosul Guest

get a job, and open your own server, respect.

Kriplex likes this.
  12. RevelationsOn

RevelationsOn Proficient

You have not yet tried NA or EU servers, 200-300ms is not bad at all LMAO.
    Been playing on NA servers or EU servers even though I am in SEA physically since MU Global days and heck, also during GW2 days where massive pvp was a thing, 200-300ms is not an issue.
    Though I did suggest the SEA server, I honestly might not leave my progress in the NA server :p
    And not to mention, this is far from reality even if BDO SEA fails (hardly people joins node wars/siege wars it seems nowadays according to a friend lol)

13. JPZ

JPZ New Member

Old post, but information still relevant.
    So you play guildwars 2 with 300ms and claim to have no issues. I will say this as politely as possible; you are a non competitive, casual player, who does not understand the significance of 300 or even 100ms latency. Seriously, we are playing a combat game. Additionally, you are making the most of your experience with 300 ping which is not the same as experiencing no issues.

14. JPZ

JPZ New Member

As you arbitrarily instruct others to get a job when the discussion is in regards to something quite unrelated to employment, you yourself, are likely unemployed.

15. JPZ

JPZ New Member

Old post, but information still relevant.
    If you truly believe playing on 200-300ms is not problematic then I have something to say to you. I will say this as politely as possible; you are a non competitive, casual player, who does not understand the significance of latency. Seriously, we are playing a combat game.

16. DNTK

DNTK Getting there

On gamez ping like that is an advantage, u know how many ccs from grabs will u block with that ping? Or how many times u will just fly away / disappear / move on the ground after cc.
    300ms and 1/5 wifi connection is optimal for competitive gamez pvp.

17. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

I like your enthusiasm, although it is based on One day's worth of players, on a weekend, on Both servers put together.
    So basically it doesn't make much sense, because you are just lopping a couple of player population numbers together, eventhough they are on two different servers, and on top of that you just chose to use the population number of one day, or just one hour of gaming.

It would be great if there was a SouthAmerican, African, Asian, Russian, MiddleEastern server as well, but that is very likely to never happen, in ANY online game. Okay that was a bit too far, as there are plenty of Asian, and Russian servers, even Middeleastern servers are now becoming more widely spread, BUT I was just trying to make a point.

The thing is, the population tends to be around 1500 on a day to day basis, depending on what time you are online. Sure there has been an increase in population, not denying that at all, and this is an awesome thing for sure. However it is far from a number that will "overpopulate" our current servers. When that happens I am all for more regional servers, but until then I think we should just wait and see what happens, because these tides ebb and flow which means that we could see a decrease in population soon enough, or an even larger increase.

About the whole starting all over again, that would be a no brainer, because for GamezBD to make the server in the first place, it should certainly follow the same guidelines and rules as the last time they did so. It would be completely unnecessary to break from that model, and give away PEN gear or to make account transfers a thing.