1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

[VOTE] SURVEY: Forum usage

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by loboram, Dec 4, 2020.

Tags:
?

How much do you use the Forum?

1. Everyday

25.8%
  2. Once a Week or more

41.9%
  3. Once a Month or more

17.7%
  4. Almost Never

14.5%
  1. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

How Often Do You use the Forum?

I am asking because it is nearly impossible to affect the community as a whole, if there aren't enough players actually using; the one way to let the GamezBD-staff hear our voices.

So
    in order to make things more apparent to the Owner/Staff/Developers, this will hopefully get their attention, as there are roughly 1500 players online nowadays, but just how many of those players are ACTIVELY online, and more importantly; How many use the Forum at all (or even know that it exists)?

2. loboram

@Kolka @Noyah @Puffery @Chiclete @Carl
    If possible, could you please add some form of link, so that most of the community will get a chance to vote on this thread?
    Because asking players how much the they use the forum, when NO one is using it, makes NO sense, and this is Mainly to make you aware, of how the GamezBD community is using the different platforms you offer them :)

3. Jujuba

Jujuba Legendary Member Forum Legend

Well, the usage of forum varies from player to player, but don't think this problem is exclusive to GameZBD because it's not.
    I've played retail for 2 years before coming to GameZBD and the forums there are practically the same, for example retail staff have never created a public survey at forum because they know that the percentage of players using the community forum is way less than the players playing the game. But here at GameZBD we're always reassuring that we do have a forum/telegram and players need to use it in order to get some assistance, I'm always stating that on the message I send in game when I'm about to logoff or when we have events running and want to announce it. Also, let's not forget that players here on GameZBD has direct contact with every staffer, from Mods to Adms and Devs, you won't find it everywhere, even less on retail where everything has to pass through an outsourced staff mainly administrate by publishers that doesn't care to the game or its player base, but only the profit.
    About sharing your topic with the community, this is up to @Noyah, I'm sorry.

loboram likes this.
  4. loboram

No worries, I was merely trying to make a point about how the Developers and Staff in general aren't hearing the "majority" of the community so to speak. It is mainly just guilds that have large crowds, which can get their point across because of the many players in their midst.

When there are polls or votes about Life-Skills, and other important aspects of the way GamezBD run things, then it is FAR from everyone who even hear about it, and this leads the entire community to become misrepresented.

The long-time discussion of making the BDO-game content available to all different types of players, for instance the limitations on Trade we have here on GamezBD. That has severely cut down the number of players who enjoy that side of the game, and that has then influenced how badly things are going on the Central Market.

I am not trying to create trouble, I am merely trying to make things right, so that GamezBD can once again reach those nice 2500-3000+ players online as we had once upon a time. But thanks for answering with that statement, it is indeed true that GamezBD is a Much better community, when it comes to interacting with the people who actually run things :D

5. Sleipr

Sleipr New Member

There's going to be a huge bias towards english speaking forum users in this poll, I'm not sure how meaningful it can even be

6. loboram

You DO know that you are able to translate, although it may be badly, Everything on the internet, through a simple addon to browsers, called google translate right?

Also I know that this part of the forum is in English, BUT if you look closely at the forum, you will find several parts at the bottom, that are specifically for other languages than English.

All in all, it shouldn't be a problem now in the year 2020, when Everyone who can play this game, already HAS internet and can therefore Learn English on their own. It doesn't really require that much, other than average intelligence and some time devoted to learning the "world language". Maybe two to three months, and anyone could learn another language at least in writing, it is however much harder to learn the Spoken Language, without someone to converse with on a regular basis, although you might be able to learn from UNdubbed movies and television series.

You see my problem isn't that I personally am unable to understand some languages, but the fact that some players actually refuse to learn English, whatever their excuse is, mainly because if humans learned to communicate with each other, across borders and boundaries, things would actually get better for everyone. But as long as there are large groups of people who insist on not wanting to communicate and isolate themselves from the GLOBAL community, things are bound to remain shaite as they are now and have been for centuries before.

NOT saying that culture is a problem, I am merely saying that being able to communicate SHOULD be the main concern for a civilization.

7. xMovingTarget

xMovingTarget MadKing

Yea, barely use the forum anymore. Most info etc you need, you can find on the telegram anyways.

8. loboram

I would just like to repost this topic to the top, and hopefully we can get more players involved, to add their voices to this very impactful as well as important vote, for the entire GamezBD community.

9. Chartos

Chartos New Member

I only use it to report bugs nowadays, other than that there is not much players here to get a good discussion or info for anything.
    You get info faster simply in game, discords, or telegram.

I mean half of comments on this forum is just Loboram typing essays (with some short comments from time to time) :)

10. loboram

Calling me out like that is a form of bullying and in essence it amounts to harassment...so please stop behaving like this, especially when it is supposed to be about me behaving badly, right?

11. Chartos

Chartos New Member

Suuure, call it bullying or whatever you 'd like, i am just stating out facts, why you going on the defensive outright man.....
    Nobody is as invested in this forum as you are, i've seen it people just come here with a random thought, suggestion or a topic with no intent in sparking a deeper discussion.
    The hottest topic for the month is a damn nude mod fix lol....

They usually take these discussions to the channel chat in game or guild chats/discords, though i would lie if i said that people didn't stop using forums because of you.
    Perhaps it is the way you policed the forum when you were a mod, perhaps not, i didn't bother too much with it honestly, but i do know 20 or so veteran and highly knowledgeable players who are not coming here any more because they don't like the atmosphere of the forums and your opinion being everywhere.

Again, i am stating out facts, so don't hide behind that bullying bullshit please as it only proves my point.
    I myself didn't engage a lot here because of these reasons, i am mostly lurking here but we all see how things are, the only ones really active here are you and mod team, mainly Chiclete.

Anyways i do not intend to reply any more to this thread. Closing remarks:
    Forums are irrelevant because not many players come here, any suggestions don't get much discussion and people backing it up so its a vicious cycle, while also certain opinions are highly prevalent here.
    Now i'm off to bug forum to report some stuff later, be nice and confirm them if you can.

12. ShadoweCZ

ShadoweCZ Loner by choice

i like to use forum cause its one of teh more reliable ways to get event details etc
    also if something is happening (bugs, cheaters, questions etc) i can go here and ask for the whole guild of 100 peopel if needed ... like forum toi me is place for more serious discusions or if something is not working
    because telegram is too wild sometimes for that :)
    BUT
    im still blocked from this website (forum) here and have to use VPN which is too anoing to turn on/off everytime i want to go there
    thats why i went fro mactive to not realy there

loboram likes this.
  13. skarpz

skarpz Away ~ Forum Legend

Sadly the forums are not what they were before, I played aion from 2010 to 2013 and the forums were very active back then, you can check some of my old topics or replies and they had tons of replies, sadly they removed the discussions from the top topics so people wouldnt create more drama and the forums started to die due to that reason overtime.
    Discord is just better nowadays in everything, but I still find the forums useful for bug posting or any other type of activity, maybe if the staff would promote more forum use with rewards or any other type of useful content, people would use it more often.

loboram likes this.
  14. loboram

Now this is indeed a most worthy idea, since the project does rely heavily on the players using the forum.

:playful::grin::argh::banghead: I know, I know, of course you're (whomever you might be) all going to think, that *I* would love this simply because I use the forum, BUT that is really not the case. Yeah, I know that most people lie while on the internet, but how should that affect me when I am an intelligent individual, and not just a follower of mainstream ideology :p

The thing is, a tiny Pearl reward, for something actually useful (to be determined by the creator/admin./staff) posted here, might be quite incentivizing.

I would love to dig into this treasure trove of inaccuracies and speculations, as well as an obvious personal attack...but you know what, I am not going to. You are most transparent in your attempt, so I will forego further entanglement with you; "I said goodday!".

There is just one little thing I would like to point out though; these "20 or so players" that you "know of", would they perhaps be the same ones who were almost constantly behaving abusively, on the server-chat? Indeed the same ones, who were doing the same in the forum as well? The exact same ones, whom I pointed out more than once, and reported enough times for them to stop doing that, at least in here?
    It sure seems like a most splendid coincidence, that once I did what I did, the abusive behavior stopped, don't you think?

THIS however is not something that is easy to ignore, because the WHOLE POINT of having this forum, is so that the players can help each other out, AND so that the management/dev. team can get feedback, bug reports, as well as the most wonderful aspect; Suggestions

Which finally brings me to Why I Made This Post; to make sure that the management/dev. team knows what kind of percentage of the population, are actually using this amazing player-management tool.

If the players aren't being represented in here, as a whole community or a high percentage, then the purpose of making suggestions, or votes is quite lost on the community as well as the GamezBD management.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2021
  15. Jujuba

You know our Forum Rules very well, so please, avoid double posts, @loboram. I have merged your last two messages.

Now, with the last statements I feel the need to address this thread again.
    As I said before, that's not a survey that we need because forum usage varies from player to player. Yes, forum is way better when it comes to Events, Bug Reports, more engaged Discussions, but that doesn't mean we need or have to obligate the player to use it. We all use available tools as we need it.
    We have Telegram that covers a lot of repeated questions, it's easier to use and fast to get a reply. But at the end if you need a heavily assistance, report a bug or understand an event you gonna have to visit and make use of our forum. If we need players to visit the forum/telegram for whatever reason, we're going to announce it and players will come to check what we want. You can see this with Events that are hosted on forum, we have tons of players participating, so I guess this method is working just fine. So, again, there's no need to worry about forum usage.
    Yes, we do read every suggestion posted by players and when I feel that a thread needs more attention I always forward those to Kolka or Carl, but that doesn't mean we have to address or implement each one of them, that's why it's called suggestions.
    Our management team works just fine and it will never lost its purpose, as of everything around.

I would love to see those that states being a super user of our forum coming together instead of always trying to find something to argue or to provoke, because at the end of the day we have to provide our community with more than we take from it. And I'm saying this as a whole, not as the GameZ's community.

loboram likes this.
  16. loboram

Thanks for weighing in here, but I did understand the first reply; that there is a varying amount of players utilizing this wonderful aspect of GamezBD, and that it shouldn't be mandatory, and that it works just fine as it is.

However I do want to point out, that one of the main ideas behind suggestions, is to see how many players are interested in this being implemented.

If only one or two players think it is a good idea, then why would the dev./management-team then even consider it?

So that alone makes my request here (I am just asking for information) quite relevant as well as useful, not only to the community as a whole, but for the management as well.

It isn't hard to see, if the forum isn't getting used as it should be, then most of the work players put in here, is basically a waste of time if it is only going to get read by the same 100 players.

It is suddenly also very important to know this information, especially when it comes to ideas that are being rushed through, with a vote where suddenly 3-5 times the amount of players have voted, on the same day that 200-300 new forum accounts were created.

I completely agree with you on this...really couldn't agree more...but I just have one question; is it the "drama" that is often displayed in conversations, or is it something else you mean, when you say "...always trying to find something to argue or to provoke..."?

17. Jujuba

When you, me, or anyone else gives a suggestion, you must find others that share this idea with you and ask them to share their opinions as well. I don't know about you, but I saw many players sharing their threads in game and Telegram (or just with their guildies) asking other players to come by and give their opinions if they wish. That's how everyone should be doing, not creating a thread and let it be.
    Also, I've seen a lot of suggestions being addressed and/or receiving comments, but that doesn't mean that every suggestion is worth a comment(?). The community has always been working together around here, when they want something they really go for it, but that also doesn't mean that a hot suggestion is possible to implement. Like something that would need a new code or change something already coded, it's not that easy for a lot of reasons.

Although you're by far the player that most argue with others around here, I'm saying this in general, so don't take it personally.
    Players has to come together in general, not only when it fits their interest. Other than that we usually see a lot of hate between countries, a lot of racism and whatsoever. If those same players used this avid anger to make the difference, to point out what could change or whatever, the community would be even better.
    But no... Players come to play this wonderful free BD and yet all they remember is to complain. You know that.

loboram likes this.
  18. loboram

Well...alright then, and also, going to repost this one to the top...just because it is a REALLY useful tool, to gauge how many players are really interested in the GamezBD-site and development.

19. loboram

More players are needed to conclude this survey...it is the only way for the staff of GamezBD to know whether their forum is being used properly, or at the very least have an idea about how many players are actively using it :)

20. BleachChar

BleachChar New Member

I think that making the pull on the forum you're already skipping the people that never uses the forum and lot of the people that almost never use it