1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Am I doing something wrong?

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by Haorelian, Jul 5, 2021.

1. Haorelian

Haorelian New Member

Hello, first I was playing at season server. I've graduated now and I'm struggling while grinding silver. To be precise, for high income/high level areas you need over 20b in game and that's seems impossible for a newbie I think.
    I've come here to ask, am I doing it wrong? Playing Witch Level 64 as for AP-DP: 257MH-259AWK-315DP playing succession and can't grind over 200M/h
    I've tried SE, Kratuga, Hadum Fogans, Aakman, Hysteria and the results are the sameā€¦ also I have shit RNG, so you should take that in count.
    Thank you all for your answers and opinions in advance, have a good day.

2. MoeDelawn

MoeDelawn Getting there

*fellow noob here, and it might just be me, but, I think 200m-400m/hour is pretty solid money all things considered... (im pretty happy at 300m/hour :3)

3. bigtablecloth

bigtablecloth Getting there

I havent played for maybe half a year, got bored. I have 840b silver in my storage and 4x chsracters all full pen end game gear, best item in the game. I tell you this...enhance accessories for profit is the way to go, grinding doesnt even come close. If i can get 800b+ with 4x maxed out characters in under a year, why cant you? Gotta overstack to get at least 70% everytime to get the best out of it, doesnt matter pri, duo, tri tet or pen. Gotta be 70%+ to make decent profit.

loboram likes this.
  4. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

Just wanted to add something, since there are a lot of players who are making the mistake, of thinking that there is only "one way to play", because that is just wrong.

It is okay to seek advise and inspiration for your game time, but to follow what someone else tells you, like some sort of herd-animal, is just not what gaming should be about. Games are meant for you to have some fun, and enjoy your online time with other players. If that isn't your cup of tea, then you shouldn't be playing MMO-games.

The thing that most players have a hard time with, is that Black Desert Online is a game that is designed to keep players playing "forever". Which means that eventhough you might get top gear within a month, and feel like you got it all sorted now, the reality is that you've probably not tried all the game has to offer, nor completed the many various things that are available to you.

The amount of "Silver per hour" is also misleading, since the entire game is based on RNGs (Random Number Generators), which means that sometimes you get more and sometimes you get less. There are some areas where you can get some decent amounts of "trash" (grey) loot, which will get you some silver income, but as @bigtablecloth points out, a whole lot of silver can be made from doing the enhancing part of the game.

On the other end of the silver income, you can get some enjoyment from just doing other things, no matter what the "silver income per hour" is. Try checking out the life-skills, and sailing/fishing/harpooning, Hunting, or Trading.
    They are there (on the retail-bdo anyway) to offer a similar silver income, that doesn't involve you doing the same thing over and over again.

marsseven likes this.
  5. Sac

Sac New Member

200m/hr is good -- you need to remember; don't compare retail silver/hr to here. Prices on retail are 5x-10x than here, and you don't come close to making 5x/10x silver/hr there compared to here.

myooteme likes this.