1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Solved Server-Chat gone

Discussion in 'Problems' started by loboram, Jul 21, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

I know that I shouldn't be complaining too much, about not being able to see the server-chat, however it is the place to post guild-promos and respond to questions.

So far I've;
    1. Run a Force-File-check
    2. Deleted the Documents\cache+options.file
    3. Deleted the Appdata\GamezBDO folder

Restarted the game several times, as well as relog'ed to the character screen.

Nothing seems to work...I am about to go look at the userVariables.file:

<GameOptionGlobal Version="2">
    <ChatLanguageType Value="2"/>

Nothing seems out of place to me...what could have happened @Kolka ?

2. Jujuba

Jujuba Legendary Member Forum Legend

Have you checked chat options to see if the Server-Chat is enabled on the window that you want?

3. loboram

Thanks for the reply, however I figured it out, and no it wasn't something silly like that, but I do get why you have to ask, even though it might be considered a bit demeaning by some players :p

The problem seems to occur in the settings archieve, if you have saved a configuration that is no longer supported, say by the new chat update for instance, then it stops displaying the channels in question.

The only solution I could come up with, was to run a Force-File-check in the Launcher Settings, and then NOT download the archieved settings, just had to redo them all.

That solution worked for me at least, so hopefully it might help out someone else :)

This means that you can go ahead and close this thread...unless of course there are more players with this problem, and who want to ask questions about it...

4. HydraGoPC

HydraGoPC Proficient

Have the same issue. Checking file 20030/200031 for 20 minutes now XD
    Hope it will fix it.

5. loboram

Yeah...sometimes the game gets stuck trying to verify...the best thing you can do, is to Force-Quit (Taskmanager End Process).

Then go to the Users\Appdata\GamezBDO folder, and Delete the contents.

Then re-run the Force-File-Check in the Launcher Settings; IF the File-Check ends in NOT showing you a button to continue, then you just have to go into the Settings part again, and press SAVE. That should fix it all, well hopefully.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
    HydraGoPC likes this.
  6. HydraGoPC

HydraGoPC Proficient

I suppose you meant: C:\Users\****\AppData\Local\GamezBDO
    I deleted all the files/folder within that folder, restarted the game and it went into CHECKING FILE ../.. immediately.

loboram likes this.
  7. HydraGoPC

HydraGoPC Proficient

Thanks anyway. I hope it will work again after I have the game going. I downloaded the client again via the torrent, but now the client-version not showing. I'll get it to work, otherwise I have to open a topic for my problem XD

8. loboram

9. Jujuba

Jujuba Legendary Member Forum Legend

Jesus Christ, you can't stop can you? As you know, I have to ask, otherwise how should I know? And you've been messing with chats for a quite time now, anything can happen.
    Sometimes if the game is closed abnormally it won't have time to send information regarding configurations to be saved, been there quite a few times since I have a lot of pre-confs saved.
    At least force check fixed the issue. I'm going to talk to @Kolka about the Force Check state because it's indeed giving no option at the end of the task, forcing player to force close the launcher or change something on settings.
    I am giving this thread as solved, but don't worry I'll forward the issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.