1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Game makes my router forbid connections with other devices

Discussion in 'Problems' started by ZaruForever, Jul 27, 2021.

1. ZaruForever

ZaruForever New Member

It only happens to me when i play GamezBD. For some reason, starting from entering the game, it changes my wifi router behaviour that only computer with game is connected, and every other device (other computer, tablet, smartphone) can not connect until i re-start router completely.

What's making this?

2. Jujuba

Jujuba Legendary Member Forum Legend

This is odd... I have never seen this before.
    I'm going to forward your issue to @Kolka, we'll come back with an answer as soon as possible.

3. Kolka

Kolka <Prison Officer> Staff Member Super Moderator

Launcher can block usb ports from other devices but its impossible to affect other devices like router in network. Did this devices what u talk about is somehow connected to PC?

4. ZaruForever

ZaruForever New Member

Hm, no.

Maybe something affecting my router's perception that happens during connection to BD?

I must specifiy, my router is some 2011 model manufactured by my ISP (but maybe it's reskin of existing Sagemcom model, as it has f@st 2804 in name). It's wi-fi router connected, in my case, to adsl (though it supports other means, but so far my web is through adsl).

I would say, i had similar problems once (when i have to reset router to make it connect to other devices again), but that only happened when i tried connect Blackberry Classic and PS Vita to it (i mean, BB and Vita were things that made router disconnect from other devices like PC and them not connecting to it until reset). I thought that those two were using some modern wi-fi hardware that "stole" my router's attention to be solely exclusive to them. With everything else i never had such problem (with pc, laptops etc.) Weirdly something like that happens when i play GameZBD (dont recall it happening with official pearl abyss).

I guess it's more on router's side than on gamez's, but it still happens so it makes me puzzled why exactly...

Last edited: Jul 27, 2021