1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Falling through map

Discussion in 'Confirmed' started by Rowan, May 2, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Rowan

Rowan Getting there

The NPC Shadow of Gahaz at Bandits lair are causing players to fall under the map by their Knockup or whatever CC they are applying. I've noticed that it tends to happen quite often with each of these NPCs and maybe, the inclined ground may contribute to this as well.

2. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

This is a problem but it is indeed a rare occurrence but because the Geo...something system that holds up the "Earth" in BDO is not entirely working on our server yet, so sometimes players as well as mobs and bosses fall through the Earth or get stuck in it. We are aware of the problem and will eventually fix it hopefully.

LadyRenira likes this.
  3. Kolka

Kolka <Prison Officer> Staff Member Super Moderator

Moved to confirmed

loboram likes this.
  4. Powerblazing

Powerblazing New Member

I am having the same problem right now. Its the second time now, but the problem is im stuck right now. Last time i died in the process, now im still alive so im stuck in the middle of nothing with no way to kill myself or go back to any town....HELP!

5. loboram

Luckily there are some ways to get "unstuck", the most used is the option in the Main Menu: Escape (has an icon of a drowning person).
    If that does not help, then you can try using the function ".rescue" when typed into the chat (without the " but with the . ) you should get transported to Olvia.
    If that does not help you can log into the website GamezBD and on the entry page enter your login information and in the menu choose move character.

Hope this helps.

Powerblazing likes this.
  6. Chartos

Chartos New Member

I am having real problems with this as a sorc when pulling big packs or when being struck with knockdown or bound, mostly in hystria.
    When sorc uses violation into a group she doesn't have collision with mobs during the skill, when finishing skill between mobs game sometimes throws me under the map. I can manage to do this like every 20-30 min if i'm not careful..
    Knockback CC will also sometimes push me inside a wall due to desync.

7. loboram

Unfortunately it is a WELL known problem that ONLY occurs with that frequency in Hysteria.
    The more experienced players usually just say: "Stay AWAY from the walls as much as possible"...I know it isn't a fix but it might be something that could make your grinding there a bit easier, hopefully.

8. Robokop

Robokop New Member

I know this is an old bug, I wanted to add that it happens with the feather wolves at navern steppe also. They push you through the floor sometimes if they swarm you. Also it seems like 2 seater horse skill also causes this with the passenger. That could be ping related though because I am on very high ping.

9. loboram

Yeah, it is a known problem as well, that the otherwise wonderful 2-Seater horse-skill, has a major drawback; De-Sync often gets the passenger killed :(

Also the swarming effect of monsters over running you, especially if you are on uneven ground, does make it happen as well...BUT you have to remember that everytime the game is updated, with a new geo-sphere (ground-mesh), then there are modifications that have to be made manually all over again. It is really bothersome work, and then it has to be tested as well, which takes a lot of time away from more important issues, that can be solved somewhat easier.

Not saying that they shouldn't try to fix this, but there is SO much work on their plate at the moment, that we should try to give them a break, at least until the next major update has been rolled out, AND troubleshot...which usually takes at least 2-3 weeks after launch.

10. Robokop

Robokop New Member

I agree 100%, its really not a big problem for me. I work around it and its not at all game breaking. I just wanted to point it out incase it was overlooked.

loboram likes this.
  11. Ceryx

Ceryx New Member

I have the same problem on the same process of the Awakening Sage quest [Sage Awakening] The Kyve's Calling, when I had to transport to another location through the suspicious ancient device in the secret chamber. If I escape or rescue the character, I would NOT be able to transport my character to another location through the suspicious ancient device in the secret chamber again. :/
    This happened twice with my 2 Sage already. I'm new here, please tell me what to do?

Attached Files:

12. VirusQ

VirusQ New Member

Falling under the map is been a problem for years now and i dont think it will be fixed .
    Everytime if i have a herd of mobs and i cant move , if cc is applied ..... boom , under the map .
    If ur near rocks and mobs corners u ........ u apply cc or teleport dmg skill ...... boom ur stuck in the map or go under it .

13. loboram

For a relatively new member of the GamezBD community, you do seem quite sure of yourself.

I am sorry if you feel like this, and also that you somehow, against all odds and what others experience, happen to encounter these events again and again.

The thing is, this bug is a part of the "Geo-engine", basically what makes up the boundaries of the game world.
    This is updated quite frequently, when things are changed in the game world, and because the GamezBD team has to recode it, it does tend to become buggy.

However, as far as I know, the Geo-engine has been fixed, at least twice now, in the time that I've played here, and it is indeed a big job. The problem lately, I can only guess, seems to be that the number and depths of the updates, have been larger as well as more frequent. This means that the team has to work faster, and harder, just to provide the updates, and then to get them to work properly.

The Geo-engine, will be fixed, this much I know, since it has been before. But the thing is, the updates have to be released, otherwise -as you can plainly see- players leave the community. It is a lousy dumbarse way of rewarding the project founders and team that is working their arses off, but there you go. Some players aren't very well behaved, or have any sense of common decency, or even empathy.

So in order to make the GamezBD project more alluring, I guess they are prioritizing making the updates, and then once things have calmed down somewhat, on the new big expansions, they will eventually fix these unfortunate bugs.

I am not a part of the staff, it is just based on my time here, and what has happend in the past.

14. loboram

This questline, I have done, and there is No need at all, to have to use the function Escape nor .rescue, while completing it. In fact there are no enemies there at all, so nothing to push you through the ground.

Why exactly did you end up in this situation then?

15. VirusQ

VirusQ New Member

I am not new , i just dont bother replying to people here because there is no point . I check for updates and news for bdo .
    U saying geo being fixed ........
    My guildies confirmed the same thing as me ...... they still fall under the map , they still get stuck in walls .... and its been a problem for a long time .
    I am not complaining here , i do appreciate gamez staff and their project and i do believe they try the best to sort things out .