1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

What about the PVP?

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by natreex, Sep 11, 2021.

1. natreex

natreex New Member

Hello everyone!

Just restart to play yesterday, and I'm asking myselft a question. What is wrong with PVP (Battle arena). Is that only me, or nobody goes there?

I want to invest time, but it's sure if nobody play, or doing something in the game, I prefer to stay on retail where lot of player cotinue to play and it's not seem like dead.

Maybe I'm new on this server, but I think to know if that normal low population in PVP content is normal, should be my first question, in case I'm doing only that in the end.

Thanks You :)

2. marsseven

marsseven Proficient

There are three reasons.
    1. Hadum, this is where the majority of people interested in PVP play.
    2. Gamez are two NA and EU servers. For about 2,000 players each.
    About 80% prefer PVE content. Just like on the global market,
    but it is not visible there because the population is much larger.
    3. And perhaps the most important of reasons.
    You have been ripped off.
    A PA marketing that advertised BDO as a strictly PVP game.
    As you have noticed yourself, this is not the case.

natreex likes this.
  3. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

I am sorry to be contrary here, but there is no such information on the Pearl Abyss site:
    "Black Desert - A true MMORPG"
    "Multitudes of In-Game Activities"
    "Non-Target & Fast-Paced Combat
    Experience an innovative combat system unlike any other MMORPG."
    "Large-Scale PvP Wars Guilds, prepare for battle! Victory is near!"
    (https://www.naeu.playblackdesert.com/en-US/GameInfo/Feature)

As you both can see, they are advertizing Guild Wars above all else.

It is Entirely the mainstream community, that has completely distorted the ideals of the game ideology.

Jujuba likes this.
  4. Lacryman

Lacryman New Member

So the game is active? If i start playing today i will find people eventually?

5. loboram

:playful:

Well, of course there are players playing, which you would be able to see for yourself, if you just joined and played the game :p

But to be fair, there have certainly been a lot of ex-players, who have been very distruptive, as well as spreading false rumours and information, about how badly things are going on our community.

Most of these claims are entirely aimed at the PvP part of the game, which I factually just pointed out to be completely false, but I understand that you feel weary of having to join without further information, only to find out -after having spent time and effort here- that it is not what you were looking for.

It is a difficult thing really, the PvP aspect of this game, mainly because there is no such thing as "Entry Level PvP-training" embeded in the core game system. The only thing that comes close to that, is the GamezBD Olympiad, which I think is special-custom-content exclusive to GamezBD, and the only reason that it is the closest thing you could have to PvP-training, is due to a Gear/Rank-balancing queue, where according to the developers, you will not be matched with players far supirior to your level of gear nor skill...but I might be wrong about that last part; Rank/Skill.

You see the core game system supplied with BDO, for learning about PvP, is the Red Battle Field arena. There you are put on a team, and pitted against other players, in a seemingly completely random balancing. Which usually means that there is one side, that is Constantly overpowering the other one, and even if you end up on the "right" side by coincidence, you will have little to do in order to earn kills, because you are up against players with almost -if not- Top gear. So even if you have great or almost maximum gear levels, you will still need to have a whole lot of PvP experience, in order to get those kills.

All in all, there is plenty PvP, but it is mainly meant to be for Guild-Wars (node/siege), and of course we have the Hada...PvP-sever, that is still being a bit abused by some players. Meaning that it was Never intended, as a place for grumpy kids to go maul lesser geared players, over and over again, basically fencing off an entire area of the game, for all other players. But it does happen on occassion.

What can I say...I wrote too much...sorry about that...it was pretty much everything you would need to know about PvP on GamezBD, so I hope this isn't considered spam.

Noyah likes this.
  6. Lacryman

Lacryman New Member

Thanks for the info, I joined after sending that message and already playing on Seasonal Server. The question was to not waste time, yes i like PVE but i also like to PVP for grinding spots and fuck around doing PVP with other people.

7. sudsy

sudsy New Member

hit me up if you ever wanna ba i felt the same way hopefully youre on EU my ign's Sudsy

8. McConnel

McConnel Getting there

Most of guys are too scared to pvp and lose or get better, thats why you dont see a lot of people doing pvp.
    There is a guild called sneeky on EU that could do pvp 24/7, guess what? Nobody wants to fight them, although the gear difference on this server does not exist at all.

9. marsseven

marsseven Proficient

It's not really as you say. Because you wrote yourself ...

Simply, PVP is a waste of time (no prize or other profits) if you want to achieve progress.

loboram likes this.
  10. loboram

It is fine, if you feel like you are really powerful and "so cool", as you play a computer game, where you are defeating other players. To me personally it is a bit childish, to think that competition in a computer game is worthwhile the effort, but I still do enjoy PvP in most games, when I feel like it.

The problem I have with your post, is most obviously the demeaning, as well as taunting premise of the post. However that aside, you are actually completely wrong about your statement: "...gear difference on this server does not exist at all."

It is very pompous of you, to assume that everyone plays this game (or any other game for that matter), in the Exact same way. Since that would make all the players mindless-herd-animal-like, who are just copying each other, without any free thinking will nor action.

So my questions to you are these;
    Do you think that mainstream is a good thing?
    If so, is it a good thing that nobody has to make any decisions, or even think for themselves?
    If so, do you think it is a good thing for a civilization (all members of it), to think in the exact same way?

11. McConnel

McConnel Getting there

Lets put some facts straight.
    You play on private server mainly to gear up faster, and this game end game is mainly pvp, thats the end goal of the game, to get gear you could use for pvp thats it. Every single activity in the game is there to make silver, which you use to upgrade your character. It is old style mmorpg where you do whatever and progress for end goal.
    Idk why do you need to be so passive aggressive about that. Op asked about pvp, and i have told him the truth, people dont do pvp because they dont want to fight good players and scared of losing for whatever reason. US gamezbd is much more alive in pvp than EU server.
    People dont like to lose so they dont pvp, and there is little to none on here, unfortunately.

12. loboram

First of all, we're getting off-track here, since this isn't supposed to be a debate about anything, other than whether there is PvP here on our GamezBD community.

I like how you start off, although it does crash badly at the end:
    So, for your information, since you are obviously unable to be all over the game-world all the time, there is plenty of PvP on GamezBD.

You might be right about this, but the whole notion of PvP in Black Desert Online, is to be a part of a guild, which then leads to a lot of PvP events, such as node/siege wars, as well as guild vs guild.

This isn't a very thought out statement, since you -again- are unable to speak for all players, yet you do tend to do that a lot, assume that you know what everyone is doing all the time.

Look I don't know what to tell you, all I can say is that the core-game-mechanics aren't well set up, for beginners in PvP.
    This means that there are a lot of players who do want to learn, and be a part of the PvP aspect of this game, however it takes time to both get the gear and learn how to play against another player.

Some players have All the time in the world to play computer games, all day long if they feel like it, but most do have lives in the real-world, that ovbiously takes presidence over a imaginary world in a computer game. This Fact, means that there are many more players who are taking the long way around, playing when they want to , and have a bit of time to spare.

I do want our community to have more PvP possibilities, but having players in our forum, claiming wild false rumours, or spreading misinformation, is not the way forwards. So please, try to be a little more realistic in your future statements.

You can say that you personally haven't encountered as much PvP, as you'd like here on our GamezBD community, and that you are obviously not happy about that. But to say that there is NO PvP on GamezBD at All, is a huge difference to not having had the pleasure of doing it as much as you'd hoped.