1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Solved Winter event problem

Discussion in 'Problems' started by damien8500, Dec 6, 2021.

1. damien8500

damien8500 New Member

I have two computers, one of which is a poorly configured laptop that can see the winter theme. The other PC is always sunny in the game, no snow scenes
    Why?

2. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

Think you might need to restart the desktop? (always sunny one), and check if there are updates waiting, otherwise it might be an idea to run a Forced-File-check; Launcher Settings.

3. damien8500

damien8500 New Member

already forced file check,not working.sad

4. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

So you did restart the Launcher as well? Not just close game and run forced file check? I am only asking, because sometimes the Launcher wants a restart :)

5. damien8500

damien8500 New Member

yes.I did all those things.:(

6. Ermey

Ermey New Member

Was gonna make another tread but I see you have the same issue I have as well. I got no snow or any weather systems at all on my game. While my wife on the other had has snow. We both play in remastered mode and I've tried to clear cache and force check with the launcher as well.

7. Jujuba

Jujuba Legendary Member Forum Legend

@damien8500 and @Ermey, are you guys using AMD Graphic Cards? Try updating your Driver to the last version. Last year we had similar cases, but we figured that it was only with AMD graphic cards users.
    This problem is note related nor exclusive to GameZBD, there was a lot of threads on retail's forums regarding this issue. I have asked around and mostly of AMD users remember this issue from last year, but also said that this time snow works just fine.
    So I ask you both to check your Driver Version and update it if available. Not sure if there's any workaround, feel free to update us if you find anything.

8. Ermey

Ermey New Member

Both wife and I use 2070 Supers, same graphic drivers as well. She has snow and I don't which is why its baffling a bit. Got the same exact PC builds. Got some guildies with the same issue but I dunno what systems they have. Only thing I can think of now is reinstall at this point.

9. Jujuba

That's new for non-AMD users. I'm with a 2060 Super and I see snow on both Low and Remastered.
    Currently using driver 472.12 due to issues with AC:Valhalla, but it's working just fine with GameZBD.
    Check if there's any optimization active, it might interfere with the weather.
    You may also try a clean install of your driver, it might help. Let me know if you need assistance.

10. Ermey

Ermey New Member

Alrighty, will do. Going to try that out to see if anything happens as reinstalling didn't change it. Thanks for the response :)

After changing my drivers to the driver that you have (472.12). The snow and weather systems are finally appearing. :D
    Could've have been something wrong with the other driver since all I did was change to yours. Either way, its working fine now.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2021
  11. Jujuba

Glad to hear it! :p
    Yeah, Nvidia Drivers gets on my nerves nowadays, I just stopped downloading every new version. When I used to, I even lost a brand new monitor... -_-

@damien8500 just waiting on your reply. :)

12. damien8500

damien8500 New Member

both my computers are nvida.
    so sad,I change my drivers to 472.12.still no snow,no weather systems.But fps is up!
    but thx for all help:)

13. Jujuba

You might try another version, it may variety from GPU to GPU.
    I'm giving the thread as solved, but I'll left it open for future consults.

Those that choose to downgrade, please, let us know the GPU you have and the Driver Version you got.

14. damien8500

damien8500 New Member

I tried again, this time completely uninstalling the driver and reinstalling it.
    Christmas is coming!!!!

Ermey and loboram like this.