1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

How to make 4.6 better, keep players and gain new ones

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by DOndee, Jan 23, 2022.

1. DOndee

DOndee Filipino Pride 2019 Forum Legend

This whole "classic" experience thing looked good on paper but its already dying again. I will breakdown a few ideas/suggestions that could maybe help salvage what was supposed to be a successful launch.

Your OLD playerbase
    These players are used to the ol' gamez high rates, gear on the webshop, insane PvP server.

Your NEW playerbase
    I've found these new players either to be in either situations:
    1. Aion Classic NA players who are looking for a server to PvP on. Current state of Aion Classic in NA right now is crap. There is very little to almost no PvP due to players choosing PvE > PvP. These players do not want to have to re-grind for gear when they can just keep playing Aion Classic. Aion NA 8.0 players who like the nostalgia but hate the grind for the same reason also.
    2. NA playerbase refugees who've played on a few 4.6 retail servers who have failed miserably since the launch of Aion Classic. I know of one "classic 4.6" server that had a good population but instantly died after Aion Classic NA was released.

Takeaways and realities:
    1. Players really do not want to have to grind for gear and levels - I can speak for a good 80-90% of the playerbase.
    2. Players would much rather go and play on the official servers because there is no real benefit to playing on private servers that will disintegrate if the population dies out.
    3. Unfortunately, people have lives now.

Suggestions/Ideas:
    1. Put BM gear on the webshop but keep officer gear farmable
    - The idea that we have of P2W is flawed. The reason the old gamez was P2W was because we had released the very tippity top end game gear on the webshop where people had no choice but to spend credits on it to obtain it. If we can put a semi-competitive armor set on the shop (which is also very farmable), this will allow the casual players to have competitive gear at the very least if they have no time to farm. The real hardcore players can still farm for officer up to governor gear.

2. Increase rates (XP, AP, gathering, craft, quest)
    - Right now, quest XP is x1 which makes it so that the only way to level up is literally to grind away on mobs. I find that this low rate leveling is doing more harm than any good as players are leaving due to it and its only going to make it harder for newer players who've joined much later to catch up PLUS knowing they'd have to farm for the gear is going to drive them away. The only benefit I could see is for players who like to twink @lv50-55 to farm more AP, hence I'm not requesting for a huge increase in rate so that these players can still hit those twink lvls efficiently. Maybe increase the rates to x30-40ish?

3. Scratch all of that and just make a full-blown PvP server again ;)

forestgun7, kih, Sinfoniia and 18 others like this.
  2. Kyazko

Kyazko New Member

Well said.
    THIS is a summary to what the majority of GamezAION community wants.

Sinfoniia likes this.
  3. Tylkys

Tylkys Expert

gamezaion full stigma so nice

the dollar here in my country is very expensive without conditions to donate in the game

4. Noyah

Noyah sɪᴍᴘʟᴇ ɪs ʙᴇsᴛ Forum Legend

I like some of your ideas. We will see what can be done and if we decide to implement anything we will announce the changes. Thank you, nub.

Ethereal likes this.
  5. Dallaz

Dallaz Getting there

It haves to BE Beast talking to Admins hear the community ty legend

6. Ayvel

Ayvel ἔσσεται ἦμαρ Forum Legend

It's all about writing down real suggestions instead of just being negative about everything... :p

Koro and Ethereal like this.
  7. Dallaz

Dallaz Getting there

lool where was i negative ? I created a thread with Also sugestions

8. Ayvel

I was talking about the negativity I see in forum in general, but the reply was directed to you solely because you implied that Admins only paid attention to what @DOndee suggested, which is not true. All suggestions are welcome and everyone is equal in his community. :)

Ethereal likes this.
  9. Demiurg

Demiurg Proficient

And 2.0 - 3.0 (cwl)

10. Dallaz

Dallaz Getting there

baaah ,i was being ironic there

11. Ayvel

All good then! ;)

12. Kuroii

Kuroii New Member

This guys gets it. I'm coming from Aion Classic. I really just want to only farm a little and pvp a lot :)

forestgun7 and Raide02 like this.
  13. Hidetoshi

Hidetoshi Proficient

I agree 100% with Dondee, some of us we get old wich means family work and etc i dont have much time to farm.... Something else regarding the event it's good... But event is like mostly for people who have free time to participate... I dont feel welcomed to that event because as i said above dont have much time and cant join i would like too... Even to try i cant... Would suggest u to make an event so everyone can participate u know how i mean it... The event is perfect but for me and other ppl like me cant join it :)

14. ianjayroma

ianjayroma Dark Syndicate

seeesh its been a while

15. Noyah

We will add BM gear to the webshop later today. As for the rates, we have not yet reached a decision but there is a good chance that we will increase them a bit more, to make it easier for you.

Ethereal and Hidetoshi like this.
  16. Chaos-Bomb

Chaos-Bomb Meme Dealer

I just want ping reducers to work like they use too :'(

Use to have like 100-150ms with ping reducers and now I cant even use ReduceTheLag and now im stuck on 400+ms lol

forestgun7 likes this.
  17. Dallaz

Dallaz Getting there

Happy to see that you are considering the rates,make it x50 like beast said,its already awsome

18. Noyah

With all due respect to your suggestions some of which we take into account and apply, don't you think it is too much to repeat the same thing over and over and over again? Like I said, if there is anything new we will let you guys know.

Ayvel and Ethereal like this.
  19. Ethereal

Ethereal Legendary Member Forum Legend

Even without ping reducer, my ping is usually 500-600ms unlike before that I get 190-230ms. But let's see further what fixes we will have regarding the ping issues.

20. Dallaz

Dallaz Getting there

Ofc noyah ,probably i cant express very well since im from portugal my English its not that perfect xD
    I was only showing my apreciation since you are considering the suggestions :DD
    Like i sayed i will play gamez,i already have my acc

i dont mind grinding a bit to reach max lvl,my consern is that ppl will not play and then no pvp for us Gamez players :p