1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

How do you see the Asmo Race at this time?

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by VeshWolfe, Jun 5, 2010.

?

Thoughts on the race?

Poll closed Jun 19, 2010.
  1. I think the race is perfect as it is.

16 vote(s)
    32.7%
  2. I think the race is doing good but needs a few tweeks.

6 vote(s)
    12.2%
  3. I think the race is making a effort but needs a huge over-hual.

7 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. The race is horrible. We need a bail out ASAP!

20 vote(s)
    40.8%
  1. VeshWolfe

VeshWolfe Getting there

Well a member of my guild recently brought to my attention that as they see it, the race is extremely disorganized, petty, and without a centralized leadership (either a Legion or Person).

So while I may not have the ability to address these issues yet myself in game due to my IRL, I figured I could at least get the discussion going here on the forums.

So how do you think the race is going and if there are problems, how do you think they should be fixed?

2. Sheytane

Sheytane Well-Known Member

Lazy people, everyone is hanging at beluslan and not even partpicating at events

3. andicol920

andicol920 New Member

Hmm

Ouch.

Well asmodian are a good race in general (as I am one) but yeah I agree the go to bel and just duel duel duel is getting old, people need to do more than that. :annoyed:

4. Ishta

Ishta New Member

Saying that, i've not been playing aion long, i'm a relative n00b. But i've noticed the asmodians are more willing to talk to you than Elysians. I haven't spoken to anyone on the Elysian side, but i have a handful of friends in Asmodae. It seems to me that its a more sociable race, and even then it takes a boat load of effort to get them to do something like organise a dp! Everyone is too busy doing their own thing, Rebel rebel.

5. Tardious

Tardious Proficient

everyone sits around doing fuck all, Maybe the odd Dual and spamming session, Oh and calling each other noobs an shit. I'm so glad I'm in a good legion (had to remake as the boss didnt play anymore and Gm's couldnt change the leadership)

6. Ricey Rice

Ricey Rice Getting there

I think I made this point in another thread before but, the Asmodians are usually 12 year olds thinking that they look cool cause they have a dark color scheme. And I've played on the Asmo side and they're very communicable, always chatting. On Elyos, the only chat in Heirion is WTB> ANUHART RANGER LEGGINGS.

7. minosu

minosu Expert

Yeah, Elyos are more organzied. They actually think things through.

Asmos are more reckless and badass. They don't listen, although they talk a lot. Prooobably because the evil thing attracts more emo teenagers and aspiring emo teenagers.

8. Battle Dolly

Battle Dolly Getting there

again with the "asmo is evil " bit...
    but ya, more then likely..they think they are bad ass and loners..and thus they can take on the world, some do not yet realize that all classes are the same regardless of race with some very minor differences.

elyos can be just as dark as proven when i made a Glad on elyos side.(dark does not equal emo...that is a pretty lame shot nore have i ever heard any asmo go on about how shit there life is, its generally "lol you noob.")

-however- yes, to many of them are so absorbed into there own business that there seems to be a lack of a real backing within the community, they need some extra motivation and people to lead them.

gotta organize people.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  9. eXoz

eXoz Proficient

I agree completly! Said same thing to them after event.
    Guys srsly we need to start fighting.. i cant count in one hand ppl which do something even in abyss..

10. minosu

minosu Expert

um
    im not saying that asmos are evil
    they jus come off that way
    regardless if you can make an insanely evil-looking and dark char on the elyos side, when you go to choose a side you see this bright colored elyos on the left, and this dark-dark-evil looking asmo on the right.

11. Albull

Albull Well-Known Member

I personally don't think they asmodians are terrible, but i do agree with Minosu, you need to organize yourselfs more, help each other more. If theres one thing i see when i go to Beluslan, it's always hate, theres never really people helping people, which i really don't like.

Albull

12. Sheytane

Sheytane Well-Known Member

Is it more love at Heiron?
    Not wasting on post on that lol, but yes, I think that the Elyos show more of a nice helpfull side to each other. - Albull

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2010
  13. Devastator

Devastator Proficient

Well , not all asmos :p
    i always act friendly & helpfull to ppl who asks for help
    But yeh i agree that asmos arent organised in general and many ppl are selfish , thats why we lost nearly all last 2 weeks Race Vs Race Events Lol

>Asmodian Chanter-Devastative

14. Narko

Narko New Member

Is not true Albull... i grou up 2 characteres and in this period i make alot of friends on the Asmo side and many ppl give me gifts and help me to lvl and i think we are more unit's like race bcz thous elyos think are superiors but i don't know ho's the best in the end. .... maby we are ugly but not this is the point....i prefere be ugly but owen everyone :p

15. Xiderox

Xiderox Proficient

See me dueling in town cuz I rather not be dealing with the hackers in core lol but both sides arent all that different to me when it comes to socializing. Both have those "tough" guys who say noob.

16. Lucent

Lucent Ghost in the shell of a former Drama Queen Forum Legend

I'd hardly say Asmodian's attract 12 year olds due to the 'dark appearance', you could say the same thing about Elyos if you wanted to be stereotypical, since you know, some people like the whole Angel theme more than the dark/fallen angel type.

Personally, I love Asmodians overall because like mentioned already in this thread, a lot of Asmodians are more sociable (apparently) - Also, I personally do love their wings, not so much the dark/evil appearance of the characters themselves but I think their wings are far more beautiful and appealing than the Elyos, and I'd go as far as to say that flying is a major highlight to Aion for me, so the look of wings play a huge role in me playing Asmodian. Finally, I love the cold, desolate look of the Asmodian zones, I think it brings a lot more of the Aion story and life into the game than the simple forests and hideous deserts that the Elyos zones contain.

I personally haven't seen problems with people getting around to doing stuff together, especially DP, but that has also mostly been in my legion (BlackWing Legion) and I haven't observed enough to see outside of that. It does irritate me though to no extent that we're constantly getting camped in any important area that I like to go and usually theres no big counter-offensive, infact I normally find myself the only one getting slaughtered over and over. But I guess that could mostly be attributed to the population of Elyos vs. Asmodian.

17. minosu

minosu Expert

it's still on-topic xD
    although i agree with you on Albull's annoying tendency on having heart attacks if people post things.

- Like i said minosu, i'm all good for leaving them open, i've even been known to let things go a tiny bit off as long as they go back on track, just look around. But i am not locking this> i don't see where it's gone off topic so.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2010
  18. Lokithewolf

Lokithewolf New Member

Even Elyos KS-ing each other at Reshanta, but if their race was attacked by the Asmodian...the Elyos didn't care anymore about that Elder Crap Drops...they choose help other that was attacked by Asmodian...they always stick together than do some individual act like Asmodian....:ninja: :ninja:

19. Celeste

Celeste New Member

Someone might point out a theory that as people play the server they realize that: "Oh s**t some classes are better at PvP here than others! ill make one of those instead!" leaving us with a server constructed of chanters gladiators and rangers. (seriously next time the server is up press V and search people online, kinda funny XD)

If the people who say asmodian's dont mobilize are to be aggreed with, why not take it upon themselves to make a new cleric, lead a raid into elysia! go do something new and different! (because there is no incentive to because everyone has anuhart equipment) but, I digress... you can see where this is going...

If you want something done right, do it yourself :D

Cel~

20. Battle Dolly

Battle Dolly Getting there

course!
    i wanted to make a supportive class to help out my friends however, certain people are natural leaders and have that aura about them that just gets people to listen, not everyone is capable of leading large groups of people, just that the Asmodians need some figures like that, someone they listen to...someone that will get them to rally together.

kinda what i figured this is all about anyhow, getting people to see that this is a problem and hopefully, get them to help there friends and neighbors.