1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Install Problem Failed to initialize

Discussion in 'Problems' started by PowerPC603, May 20, 2022.

1. PowerPC603

PowerPC603 New Member

Hi,

I downloaded the installer and tried to install GamezAion.
    Since I only get download speeds of around 400-500Kb/s (normally we get 7-8Mb/s download speeds on other servers), installing would take over 20 hours.
    So I copied my son's entire GamezAion directory (his installation is working just fine) onto an external harddrive and copied those files to my pc in the correct folder where installation started.
    After running the game, the splashscreen displays an image of Aion Zone 5.6 instead of GamezAion.
    The screen goes blank and after that, NCSoft is displayed. It's like the game is loading.
    But a few seconds later, I get a message "Failed to initialize game" with only an OK button and the game shuts down.

Upon checking the files, it's trying to re-download 21GB in files while all files are already there.

I also cannot choose the option to use torrent in the launcher while my son has this enabled. I have to use the http setting for updates. Using the torrent option gives a message about "Active anticheat updater" not working anymore.

Any useful hints?

Last edited: May 20, 2022
  2. Ayvel

Ayvel ἔσσεται ἦμαρ Forum Legend

Hello there!
    Since the folder was related to another server I would delete the game and start over to avoid any additional issues. Can you please take a look at this thread?

3. PowerPC603

PowerPC603 New Member

The entire game folder is an exact copy of my son's installation of Gamez Aion, how can it be a different server's folder? He only has Gamez Aion installed.
    I downloaded that 7zip file from the link you shared, download went alot faster and running the game was successful now. TY