1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

GamezBD on linux?

Discussion in 'Questions' started by ThePumpkinGod, Oct 1, 2022.

Tags:
  1. ThePumpkinGod

ThePumpkinGod New Member

hello i been wondering if GamezBD could run on linux (manjaro/arch) i saw a post on this subject 2 years ago claiming it cannot be done, but maybe something changed from then ?

im downloading rn the torrent of the game to test it myself, if someone has some helpful tips for me to try and run it in linux please let me know.

loboram likes this.
  2. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

Well you CAN run pretty much anything on a Linux Operating System, which makes it is one of the best OS's out there :)

You just need to use the Windows Emulator, think it is inbuilt...not sure. But unfortunately Pearl Abyss, the creators of the game, have never even considered making a Linux version. So that means No, GamezBD is not going to make one.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2022
  3. Dhizaes

Dhizaes New Member

I tried to run launcher but it gives different errors on different runners(I tried Soda, Caffe, pure Wine, Wine-GE, Proton, Proton-GE). Sometimes it just got silent crash, or gives .NET Framework related errors even it is installed and works with other programs, or throws exception for "file is already used" even it is the first time use of the launcher like after reboot. Tried to search error codes and find out most of them related to .NET Framework. I mean, it is just a small launcher program, i didn't expect this much problem from it. I think this is related to bad design of the launcher's backend or Wine just can't handle how the things made in the launcher, who knows. Anyway, i'll keep my files for a while maybe i can manage to open it somehow after updates on runners.

4. ThePumpkinGod

ThePumpkinGod New Member

from my own testing the game wont work, the game uses an anti cheat that cant run under wine(or any other fork of it as far as i know).
    the only way to get it to work is if the devs will support linux which sadly probably wont happen.
    there is one way you can try though its with a vm + GPU passthrough but my pc cant handle it sadly so i wasnt able to test it, if you have some try take a look at some guide and see if you can use a vm

loboram likes this.
  5. Alzucard

Alzucard New Member

I ran Geforce Now a couple times in a Windoiws VM, And then i could paly BDO, but not the gamez launcher. That wouldnt be possible.

6. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

I don't know much about running a Linux distro, I have tried a few times however I haven't been able to run windows games with one of the Linux distros.

So the best thing I can offer, which really isn't a solution to the current problem, but a work-around really, is to create a dual boot system, with free windows 10 (no need to activate) as a secondary boot up.

There are MANY pages regarding this topic, and I am sure that a few searches will lead you to a "how-to" page pretty quickly.

Again, I m sorry that my contribution isn't really worth much, but it is the only thing that worked in my case.