1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

[Tips Needed] Ranger

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by Volt, Oct 2, 2010.

1. Kirasagi

Kirasagi Getting there

For solo work:

Make sure to use your Focused Evasion and Devotion skills when you need it. I assigned a macro so I can press it when I'm about to charge.

My opening combo is mostly Lightning Arrow(Entangling Shot if the guy used FE) > Heart Shot > Stunning Arrow > Rupture Arrow > Agonizing Arrow. Save your Root for those tanky ones.

If for some reason the guy isn't dead (mostly Glads/Temps), use Sleeping Arrow and let your skills CD and/or run XD.

Buffs include scrolls (Raging Wind, Courage, and Crit Strike), Bestial Fury, Strong Shots, Eye, Speed of Wind, Bow of Blessing, Arrow Flurry, and Mau Form (dp/core).

Just make sure you have enough +5 Attack stones in your weapons/armor, and make sure you get at least 540 crit strike using scrolls and food.

When outnumbered, use hide and see which ones can see you and which ones are blind. I do this just by moving erratically and see how they react. Also, you mostly know whos in a group and whos not in one. If you decided to do a 2v1 situation, just pop ur FE/Devotion and sleep the tankier char, and just load all your skills on the other.

Finally, reduce your ping. I have used Battleping and Leatrix and both works. If not, there are some free trials around here and there.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2010
  2. Vaugn

Vaugn Respected Member

maybe you dont know what strike resist is?

3. FuRiouS

FuRiouS Legendary Member

Yes i do and before strike resist the cap was 440, now its roughly 540, so there is no point in going beyond 550ish imo.

i have tried full crit having almost 1k crit and never noticed any difference from 1k crit to 600 crit (my normal crit rate with food scroll buff).

4. Vaugn

Vaugn Respected Member

I don't usually make my crit go beyond 550 with just pure manastones.

5. FuRiouS

FuRiouS Legendary Member

Ya thats what i was saying, i dont understand why rangers need to use any crit stones at all, just use crit food and scrolls and your set, full attack stones all the way.

6. Kirasagi

Kirasagi Getting there

Maybe bc having scrolls and food buffs all the time is expensive? xD

7. Vaugn

Vaugn Respected Member

I don't really know, each ranger has a different strategy i building there own char so I won't force them to follow what my char build up is.

8. kear

kear New Member

9. FuRiouS

FuRiouS Legendary Member

LOL true, whats your in game name ill mail ya some, oh wait your stinky asmos never mind :D

True also, to each their own.

---------- Post added at 03:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 AM ----------

What on earth is that? is it even from earth? :crying:

10. Vaugn

Vaugn Respected Member

what's wrong being an asmo? lol
    your as smelyos as well.. haha, just kidding mate ^^,

11. FuRiouS

FuRiouS Legendary Member

LOL nothing, was just being dumb, i have 5 amsos toons too :D. Born asmos, betrayed to elyos :).

12. Vaugn

Vaugn Respected Member

haha ! lol, I was an elyos at frist then move to asmodae. I think we are diagonally park in a parallel universe.. hahahaha

13. Volt

Volt Proficient

O.O

GOOD INFO PRESTIGE.

I never knew Bestial Fury is bugged and doesn't reduce distance. PFFFFFFFFFF!! Same case for Arrow Flurry. OMFG. Eh that's why rangers are so OP. It's kinda lame actually >_>

Any other bugged ranger skills I need to know? o_O Btw does Devotion work as intended? I read in one post [posted long ago] that it doesn't work.

14. beastxrambo

beastxrambo Expert

here is my new ranger guide. check it out.

http://forum.gameznetwork.com/showthread.php?t=26939

---------- Post added at 01:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 PM ----------

I wouldn't suggest doing agonizing or unnering early in the fight because they take the longest to cast. I would rather do the instants or just the ones that take less animation time such as...heart,lightning,exploding,holy...doesnt have to be in that specific order but still if you do 3 of the quick animation skills it probably will do double the damage rather than doing agonizing or unnerring