1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

1 Week for ABG other traded gear please GM!

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by Kiddo, Oct 16, 2010.

1. Prestige

Prestige Well-Known Member

I vote for 1 day lol

3 people like this.
  2. Kiddo

Kiddo New Member

I can agree with this. But at this point it wasn't an unavoidable situation. Dropping a bomb in a city to supress a group of terrorists that's an unavoidable situation. This is a situation that is completely in the control of the gm. I am not proposing to allow trading of abg items for other items during this time. Heck I would even go as saying during this time trade at your own risk and there will be no restorations of missing items. All I am proposing is a chance to get back what I have lent out. And until you're in my shoes please do not speak as if you know what it feels like. I don't mind donating to a server that I play on it's no big deal for me 1000 2000 it'd chump change but it's the principle that's what matters.

Look at the incident with the 33 miners. It made international headlines yes something happened a mine collapsed caused 33 people to be trapped inside. Now ask yourself if you were in the spouse of one of those miners how would you feel? Now ask yourself how would you feel if the whole world just said "casualties happen" it was unavoidable, let's just leave them there to die. How would you feel knowing that there are people who could of saved your spouse but chose not to because they couldn't be bothered.

This situation is no different, The principles are the same. The gm's can easily rectify this situation. Like the miners 33 people may be insignificant to the worlds population, there are a small group of us that want this. All we are asking for is a chance to get our items that we lent out returned to us because we lent them out in good faith believing that we could always have them returned to us. We are NOT asking to make it tradeable permanently. we are only asking for a short period of time. The gm has the power to choose if we will get this chance or not.

I am not going to threaten to leave the server or stop donating as a result of this decision because that is childish. This is where I Stand on this subject.

3 people like this.
  3. Nujabes

Nujabes Well-Known Member

Ah I watched those miners got freed, it was nice seeing that.

4. brainpower

brainpower Banned

5. obake

obake Alqaedas Incorporated

yes nice idea

6. Elyios

Elyios Expert

But when "the few" is Carl and his staff then it works the other way around, right? :alien:

2 people like this.
  7. One 1337 noob

One 1337 noob Getting there

Here's my two cents on this topic:

Making these items untradable is pointless. Now it's possible I might be missing some information but I think I got it down pretty well. The people that get scammed with duped items aren't using GM's to trade. Screw them, they are idiots for trying to buy/trade/sell such high valued items through any other medium. It's their own fault they got scammed. I know Gm's are busy and don't have time to make these trades all day. So make more GM's.. Honestly there should be at least one GM online at ALL times.

I say let dupers dupe and scam the stupid. Give us our trading powers back, or at least offer your services to complete trades of these untradables. For those of us who are responsible and intelligent it's a win-win.

8. Interminable

Interminable Proficient

I agree for this. One day is kinda too short since people wont be able to log in at the same time everyone eles can.

9. BetaMax

BetaMax Lord Emperor Forum Legend

well if the staff really wants to limit it to avoid any other abusive things that we all know............ those dupers do.
    they can like , make an Automatic Announcement starting Today... that on This <date> at this <time GMT> we will be enabling etc etc etc... for <# of Hours> so that people may trade those untreadables.

10. Interminable

Interminable Proficient

Yeah pretty much , except maybe like 3 days different times because everyone is not in the same time zone. They have to give us this privilege because they didnt even warn us.

11. BetaMax

i dont see any problem w/ that to be honest. since..... we did suffer from dupers in 1.9 for like ... 2 months? more or less.... lol.

a few days or hours in 2.0 wont hurt that much...... and........ those dupe items kinda like disappears once you relog.

12. Interminable

Interminable Proficient

Yeah. The thing is they want to fix it but they didnt warn us which was like BAM no more trading.

13. yorouichi

yorouichi Proficient

low price ABG items? then don't buy it...if you think it is duped..

14. BetaMax

so true, well few hours will be fine w/ me. i dont have items to get from someone, and to be honest i am not affected with this. but for the sake of the majority.... and most of my costumers in my shop are victims of this due to they are used to letting their real friends borrow stuff from them last 1.5 and 1.9.

a few hours will fix it... even 12 hours will fix it........ w/ a right announcement in which for sure everyone will be aware.... then surely this will be fixed somehow.

they can do this as a practice like once a week for 6 or less hours or even just 1 hour in a month. atleast in the long run, most of the people well get their items back.

15. Araqon

Araqon Getting there

There was a Law in Roman times that said:If there are some who want to be fooled,let them be fooled.
    Sound thinking & this was part of the official Roman Law.So those who would pay like 15-20 billions without GM supervision deserved to be fooled and i personally think that stopping scammers is not the real reson behind this..Same thing happened during the update from 1.5 to 1.9..it was even worse then,no trade at all..not even Tahabata could be traded,heavy player protest finally convinced them to change it back.SAME now.WE WANT OUR FREEDOM BACK.!

1 person likes this.
  16. brainpower

brainpower Banned

17. RedDevils

RedDevils Legendary Member

i was thinking just the same... Duping time 24/7

18. Goldspell

Goldspell Proficient

Why a week? If you know where you items are and you know its gonna be untreadable i dont see why a 1-3 days wont suffice unless you got some secret mumbo jumbo plans :D

19. brainpower

brainpower Banned

for me it would be enaugh , for everyone prolly :) the OP suggested a week because some ppl have a real life too , and they live on different continents = not that easy to meet ingame

20. bigpie

bigpie Getting there

this action was appropriate for the occasion. that's why it had no announce before.