1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

To Gamez Staff: Honestly...

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by Frenemy, Oct 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cropolite

Cropolite No regrets D:

Good luck with that, lol

2. Raazzil

Raazzil ♥SҝeleŧαL \/αmpirẹss♥ Forum Legend

Ya.. but not many ppl is able to handle the AM / GM rank.. and many have a life, and doesn't even post himself/herself in the recruitment section. . .

Actually there aren't many GM's from different time Zones... I think 75% Of the GM's are from USA. . and the 25% Left from South America.. which is exactly the same time zone =/

They need to recruit ppl from Europe / Asia, so they can be online in a diffferent time zone . . . But well.. That's up to Karl . .

3. Cropolite

Cropolite No regrets D:

Timezone doesn't matter really, seeing it'd still depend when the person would be online.

4. beiie

beiie Proficient

yup... conflict between the admins seems to be in the air again, i can smell it..

and do agree with some of the points raised.

free bump!

5. lynsage

lynsage Proficient

what's important is to have fun..
    :joyful:

6. beiie

beiie Proficient

most would have more fun if GMs do their jobs. it's quite obvious there's something going on between the GMs now.

7. CakeBaker

CakeBaker Sports Enthusiast

I honestly don't think you can find people more dedicated than albull, Chlora, and Alente. Thats whats missing, a lack of dedication. I like the crystal GM team, it is solid. Unfortunately, the Gamez team is not. Just my opinion.

8. Adieu

Adieu Respected Member

Dedicated people like those guys seem to get undermined ^^;

9. Beastie

Beastie Banned

actually the new GMs that were just recently chosen are fairly diverse, I know Scyth is from the UK and from the GM applications Ive seen quite a few people that seem like they would be good for the position but just simply didn't get chosen

10. CakeBaker

only on here. When you work that hard for nothing, you should get some respect. Anywhere else, they would. Unfortunately, same can not be said here ;(. And that could be the reason there is a lack of people like them on this server

2 people like this.
  11. Raazzil

I don't think someone from GMT -8 / 3 'd stay online until 4 am If he/she knows she/he gotta work the next day. . . (Unless they live with their parents and don't have a job.. or are too young to get one)..
    But I don't think a 12yr old boy would be elegible as GM or AM here. . .

Timezone is really important imo.. I'm online playing (not here atm, since I'm playing with my dota team to win the next month tourney) from 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. / 3 a.m. . . yet I can't be online from 11p.m. to 10 a.m. (Which will be something like 11 hours.) and I guess that happens to some/all GM's aswell..

I do have a job, but I work only on saturdays.. since I work on my own and earn enough money working 4 times per month. . But not everyone have a work like mine.. and they gotta work every single day, which will make even less time to be online and help ppl. . .

Let's make an example:
    Some random GM (USA. GMT-3) Gets up at 6 a.m. and works until 2 p.m. . He gets back home at 3 p.m.
    He takes a bath, eats, and gets on his/her PC, just to find out 1.000.000 ppl is QQing about something.. and he goota help em all, since not many GM's are online.
    Let's say he stays 5 hrs helping ppl with all his issues.. and he gotta check the forums and his PM's aswell.
    He goes to sleep at 10 p.m. since he gotta work the other day..
    So If we make some maths, he only stayed 5 hrs ingame, and 2hrs in the forum. Taking into account that he/she doesn't have a BF/GF/Life.

75% of The GM's are from USA, 25% From South America.
    And I guess they all have a job and a life aswell.. =/

I think we do need some GM's from different timezones =/

Regarding to the Developer team.. I got a college degree in programming (From the best public university in my country), but I really don't have time to spend it as a Dev atm.. And I don't think I will in the near future . . . I wish I could help.. but I can't.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2010
  12. Frenemy

Frenemy Banned

I think we should just support Staff more. By critisizing it all the time we won't gain anything than pushing them away..

I suggest in this thread to work as team: Staff and players. Since we both want to make this server better than it is nao :sideways:

2 people like this.
  13. CakeBaker

From my talks with people, it took Edixoid forever to get promoted. Karissa did not even acknowledge that his timely arrival kinda saved gamez. I mean, thats not something you forget. Ashtar to me demonstrates devotion to her job. Chlora, when working on crystal, spent full days planning events and fixing things. Alente has been the dev now and has a huge workload. Albull was strict, but one of the best GMs ever and basically helped Gamez grow to where it is now.

When you fail to acknowledge the fact that these people are the foundations of this server, and throw them away like trash, of course issues will arise.

2 people like this.
  14. Frenemy

Frenemy Banned

Edixoid hasn't proved his position lately.. Yes, he used to be great S.GM but not anymore...Might just me but this is wat I believe, coz he probably got tired to keep trying for nothing.

15. Kevster

Kevster Legend Forum Legend

Well, I don't mind the criticism much, anywhere you go, you will always have people talk behind your back, and just gotta learn to ignore it.
    By ignoring it and knowing it at the same time, making something for the greater good is crucial, and sitting there like a duck is going to cause trouble.

16. seiton16

seiton16 New Member

Wew, just finished reading the DRAMA thread... :)) anyway GO raiken with your ideas... hope that GM's would really take these events seriously so that the server would be fun again...

17. Raazzil

Actually u and xxxBeast87 are the only ones that have pretty decent ideas with valid points. . . Plus everyone can have a civilized conversation with you both, since everyone else just seems to like flaming ppl for nothing. . . Maybe bcoz they had a bad day, or they're just mad at someone. . .

I must say, that You won't be able to have a decent conversation with me on my days.. but well. . . I do my best to stay away from the forums that week. . .

18. Kevster

Kevster Legend Forum Legend

Remember, all these ideas must be approved by an admin. If you have any ideas of new events, I can always discuss it with you privately. :) And tweak it up with brilliant imagination. <- Lmao

19. deathpenalty92

deathpenalty92 Expert

yay this thread is surviving! :D

wonder how long its life will last :wink:

20. bigbadbabybaboy

bigbadbabybaboy Expert

very well said. i feel you dude.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.