1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Help me out guys...Help me with this...

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by Mistgun, Nov 6, 2010.

1. Mistgun

Mistgun Getting there

I am considering building my 2nd computer...or upgrade what i have so to be able to compensate with AION..here's what i have now..kindly give me some suggestions on what I need to do or need to change to make my PC work well with AION...

Here's what i have

2.8ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
    2GB RAM PC800
    1GB Inno3D 9400GT DDR2 DVI 128bit
    ECS G31T-M7L G31 Vpcie/S/L

Here's what i have in mind...

ECS P35T-AL P35
    4GB RAM PC800 - (will upgrade to 8GB next..)
    Sparkle 9600GT 1GB DDR3 256bit

same processor...what do you think?

---------- Post added at 06:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 AM ----------

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated...i just need some components that is easy on the budget but can do the job..xD

2. milfhunter

milfhunter New Member

Why no Ati HD 5770 series?, great cards and about 110-130 euro. this one plays aion with no problems.

I have a HD 5850 since a few days in my normal pc. but its like 250 euro. This plays everything at high and have like 60-110 fps

And the ECS P35T-AL P35 is good but maby consider buy one with USB 3.0 slots like: P7H55/usb3... about the same price.

And memory i think 8GB is not really nessesary but its better to have fast momory. i placed OCZ momory but had some problems, now i have kingston 1333Mhz 4GB wich works fine and is cheap.

New Processor works to if its in your budget.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  3. Mistgun

Mistgun Getting there

I'd love that, i only have like 10k PHP so that would be like 130 Euro. And I need to upgrade other components as well...so I need some components that would fit my budget...I ain't that rich..sorry..I have a lot of things that i pay for...i live by myself..i pay rent and all the bills..i ain't earning that much... =(

4. FuRiouS

FuRiouS Legendary Member

The new upgrades will be fine and you should notice a little bit more performance.

Why i say little bit? well your only upgrading the GPU Which is only half an upgrade. Also going from a 9400 to 9600 wont be anything drastic but will be better sitting next to your 2.8 duo.

I wouldnt recommend going much more then 9600gt unless you plan on upgrading your CPU to keep from bottle necking your system.

Your list above should fit you fine and run Aion with no problems but then again your current specs are just fine too.

In my opinion you are just wasting money with the small upgrades. Save up to upgrade to a GTX 260 or higher and an intel i7 3.0 gig or higher, then you will see a huge difference in Aion as well as future games.

1 person likes this.
  5. milfhunter

milfhunter New Member

oke thats a small budget yes.
    I agree with Furious its a waste of money to do such minor updates.

1 person likes this.
  6. FuRiouS

FuRiouS Legendary Member

Also like to ad why the 8gig ram? do you do alot of video editing? Gaming doesnt need so much ram just to play :D, 2-4gig ram is way more then enough for playing any game.

Keep the 2gig ram you have and use the money for ram upgrade to upgrade the CPU instead. Just be sure to match the CPU and GPU so neither of them will bottle neck the other.

1 person likes this.
  7. Mistgun

Mistgun Getting there

I get your point...so should i just spend what i have right now...let's say on a GPU...and then upgrade other stuffs later on? Atleast i can still use the GPU i'll be buying now in case i upgrade my motherboard and other components....correct?

---------- Post added at 06:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 AM ----------

Any suggestion with matching of CPU and GPU? Sorry guys...I'm new to this...just want to have the best that i can get..

---------- Post added at 07:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 AM ----------

Do you think this GPU would be okay?

512MB Palit/Inno3D GT240 128bit DDR5

Last edited: Nov 6, 2010
  8. damnlyf123

damnlyf123 Proficient

id say you go save more money.. and go buy a new mobo, CPU, and 2x2gb ddr3 mems.. ur GPU can already with stand AION,, but if you have extra money you can also buy lets say a 9800gtx.. because if you only go buy minor upgrades.. it will really waste your money coz.. example you will buy a good GPU 4 about 10k php.. that GPU's value will go down for about a years quarter.. so if i wer you u.. ill save up more and buy a phenomx4 955 or x6 1xxx (AMD) core i5 or i7 (intel) and a great buy mobo. that is capable of mounting those CPU's.. and a nc mems lets say a gskill trident or corsair.. and save again for your GPU..
    coz i strongly think CPU's mobo's and mems, also consider PSU.. are the core specs of a computer..

1 person likes this.
  9. Mistgun

Mistgun Getting there

i appreciate all the help guys and the suggestions..i've decided what to do...i was also advised by my friend who recently worked for microsoft that Windows 32-bit OS can only recognized upto 3GB RAM...if you check with Dxdiag, it will show the RAM installed but if you go and check WinVer..it will show 3GB of Physical Memory..and for 64-bit it will only show upto 4GB Physical Memory..so I guess...extra mem would only be for video editing..

Thanks again guys...

10. FuRiouS

FuRiouS Legendary Member

Can you tell me what budget you have in USD, maybe i can link you some goodies that im sure you will be happy with, also provide me with your current mother board details :).

11. Mistgun

Mistgun Getting there

here the motherboard
    Budget is like $200 - $250

ECS G31T-M7

12. FuRiouS

FuRiouS Legendary Member

Using your current motherboard and that budget id recommend going with

3.0 core 2 duo
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115056
    or
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115059

then toss in a nice GPU to match it
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130578

Thats roughly 250$ and you will notice a huge different and be able to play aion and all other game at maxed out graphics (mostly).

13. Malphas

Malphas New Member

Wow lol 120USD and thats duo core? I can find a quad core for that price o_O

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------

Newegg is really expensive xD

14. themistery

themistery New Member

Funny everyone speak about videocards and memory ram, example i got a 9900 gts nvidia and quad core 3.6 ghz intel, but i had a problem aion making hardware lag, from what hardware lag come from to explain in order to everyone know.
    HDD is most important component from the pc, ofc all rest are esential, example i suggest a western digital 250 gb sata II with 32-64mb/buffer and aion will work perfect even with 1 gb ram and 256 mb video card trust me when i say that will work great at maximum details, i have a laptop with 1 gb ram, 256 mb video card, and 160 hdd western digital 32 mb/s buffer and work great no need a super video card, but need a great hard drive to no create hardware lag when buffer reach at maximum use .... ty for reading ;) Btw i'm selling computer hardware stuff for more info add my yahoo messenger id: anonimusrazvan@yahoo.com and we speak there the prices are great and good with full warranty ...

15. Malphas

Malphas New Member

What? Never dude..No way you play Aion lagless with 256 MB Graphic Card and 1GB RAM..

Ofc HardDrive is important if you have no space..But if you have 40gb HardDrive is already enough..
    Just then don't fill it with crap and install Aion and have 50 mb space left lol.

16. Bakulaw

Bakulaw Proficient

You DOnt Need that Much of a Ram o_O 8GB is more than enough , and i think 8gb is Crazy ,
    4gb is Great . . . and instead of Gettin a 4 + more GB ram , get a super Cooler Instead <3 GPU : Try not to waste too much money , get a good one which is cheap , dont go for the best which is expensive , G.Cards Update Yearly , So You can just Change your GPU every 2 years . . .