1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

How is retail Aion functioning nowadays

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by Hexsteria, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Hexsteria

Hexsteria Proficient

I played beta and retail but I quit after about 3 months because of the overwhelming bots.

I would like to know from someone who has played or has a friend that has played retail NA servers in the past few months - how is retail doing nowadays?

Last I was on, the bots controlled the game, the entire market was controlled by bots, and the game sucked because of bots.

I would like to start playing retail again, but I do not want to spend $15 to activate my account and end up hating retail and wasting my $15.

Any input or infomation will be appreciated. I'm going to be playing Aion until GW2, Blade and Soul, and TERA Online come out :)

Last edited: Nov 17, 2010
  2. Aegis

Aegis Guest

It was dying when I quit months ago... right now its probably bleeding out more people as we have the normal stubborn barnacles die-harding clinging to the hull of the sinking ship that is NCFail.

If you're going to play anything retail do urself a favour and do TERA, Aion already is dead. Lol.

Not trolling either, 100% serious.

Unless you play K-aion.. now let me tell you that is a 100% different game then Western aion.

3. Hexsteria

Hexsteria Proficient

Ok - but why is Aion dying.. its a good game, and why is TERA Online so good?

4. 2FAST4U

2FAST4U Proficient

I play retail and honetly it seems it all depends on what server you play on I think the only 2 good servers left are vaizel and siel if you play one of those 2 servers you will have loads of fun if you have a high level not on one of those 2 servers they are having alot of free server transfers ( like once every 1-2 weeks ) get you chars to vaizel or siel :D

5. Aegis

Aegis Guest

Imbalances in classes, not enough pvp for the most part and if there is pvp it is generally imbalanced, excessive grinding and griefing which halts the grinding, NCsoft is very apathetic and things seem to be moving at the rate of a snail (patches, events, news, etc).

Overall NCwest is a bomb in most people's eyes, but for some people it'll still work.

TERA isn't out quite yet...

6. Hexsteria

Hexsteria Proficient

Yeah I have heard a lot about TERA... but have you read this http://powerwiki.na.aiononline.com/aion/Patch+Notes+2.1.0.1

seems they are listening a little bit - increasing all rates...

When will TERA have NA servers?

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

Interesting, thank you for your reply, that helps a lot

7. Ally

Ally Well-Known Member

it got a little better with 2.0 but, come on
    pvp there still lasts 3-4 seconds, imbalance in classes, NCsoft doesnt do anything, everyone is qq'ing, blaablaa,

aion went from 1mil subs opening day to about 14k subs now lol.

8. Stacked

Stacked The Original God Glad Forum Legend

they merged like 12 servers into 4, that should tell you enough.

9. Aegis

Aegis Guest

Not sure, but as a head testing personel member... it will be worth the wait!

10. Drizzle

Drizzle New Member

how didi you played on korean servers

11. Hexsteria

Hexsteria Proficient

Wow, your one of the head testers? How the hell did you get that gig? Oh btw, do you use windows messenger? If so, can i get your email address so i can add you?

12. Hexsteria

Hexsteria Proficient

Anyone else feel this 2.1 patch may bring Aion retail back to life?

13. Aegis

Aegis Guest

Yeah, I got it through applying as well as knowing a developer... long story x_x

I do, but I am inactive as of late. Sorry ><

14. Ally

Ally Well-Known Member

it most likely won't,
    Aion has so many broken game mechanics.
    and once blade and soul comes out, aion is going to really die, almost 90% of the population says there only on aion till blade and soul comes out,
    aion was doomed from the start , lol.

15. Hexsteria

Hexsteria Proficient

Oh I completely agree. I thought to myself, after paying $100 for the collectors edition... damn, how could they let this game go completely to hell on launch? All the hype, waiting, money, and excitement for nothing. There were more bots then legit players.

I'm really looking forward to Diablo 3, GW2, TERA Online, and Blade and Soul. But not one of these games has a damn release date :(

16. dmaxcustom

dmaxcustom Well-Known Member

Tera "might" be available the first quarter of 2011... only a rumor, but who knows?... Guild Wars, no one knows... and Blade and Soul I havent seen a news about it since october 2009... (if there is a recent news about it, plis kindly post it)

17. Krazzik

Krazzik New Member

yeah 2.1 wont save aion, the community is slowly bleeding out due to 2.0 falling short of what they said was coming with the expansion. plus as others were saying, imballances are pretty heavy in the game right now.

im still playing and paying for it, but im not sure how much longer ill be sticking around, things are starting to get pretty stale, and it doesnt help that the game is having some bug issues that REALLY shouldnt be happening...

18. Tankster

Tankster Expert

I'm skipping Tera and will be full-time Guild Wars 2 when it releases. I'm not paying for Aion again.