1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

[Feedback] So players, help us out.

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by JazzCard, May 29, 2010.

1. Chloraform

Chloraform Banned

well you are welcome for the support = )

and i was thinking of doing duel tourniments every day for both factions then at the end of the week try to get all the winners around and do a fvf duel's and a huge prize per week for the "ultimate winner" after i get my pc fixed

2. ichimaru

ichimaru New Member

Gift let me add you some of my views ;

First I did not came to this server because of high rate, and i believe almost all people here are not too, there are so many higher rates servers out there if this is what all about. People and me keep coming to this server because;

1. Top place on ads websites. It makes everyone curious and have to try-out our server, rates don't really matter.

2. Voting system is really great with the premium purchased-able with the points. Great job guys.

3. Trade-able the Un-tradeable !!! items. This is why we need to put as much as gears/weps to the game. = Dungeons.

4. High - Population on both factions almost 24/7.

There are still some obvious reasons why people are coming to this server @Gift :)

People wont like the Ideas of Stigmas Skills, and so on.

Answer : That is why my dear Gift; because they never felt the retail-like features about the stigma, or etc. You have to think this way too...."What if they like" ? We have to think both ways. Now that we are not using stigma system, why don't we try to use?

What about bugged skills ? then we will have less skills.

Answer : Well right now, all classes has bugged skills, so that's what Carl and the team is trying hardly to fix them, well lets be patience, and to tell you the truth every servers out there facing/fixing bugged skills But they still using stigma skills and probably that is the one and only reason they haven't migrated to our server.

In order to improve the server well in this life too, we have to through the law of Trial and Error then only we are on the path of the gloryyy :D.

And 1 more time in this sentence, i ve actually expressed out all of my ideas, if you try to read it.

"We are gonna have really Retail-Like Aion Features but Saving your time in leveling and grinding, leave you all the Fun 100% guarantee"

Ty for reading

3. Mablung

Mablung Banned

That sounds awesome, I would enjoy that considerably. But in my opinion we'll see a lot of repeat classes winning these tournaments. With the recent changes it feels as though these tournaments would substantially favor gladiators. Due to UD changes an equally skilled gladiator will no longer lose to a chanter or sin in a 1 v 1. The only thing that poses a true threat are Sorcs and to a far lesser extent, SMs. I feel we would see too many of those.

I feel that we'd have more diversity to these tournaments with 3 v 3s. Primarily due to the lack of selection in the group (not like a 6 v 6 where you get everything..) but having to choose and setup a proper team having so many options for a good composition and being able to include all classes, not just gladiators to wreck everything and sorcs to wreck gladiators.

Anyways, just my 2 cents :sideways:

(hey, maybe this is biased because 2 friends from my dredg team on retail playing here and I want to run our comp in one of these: glad/ranger/cleric... OohRah)

Last edited: Jul 2, 2010
  4. Tardious

Tardious Proficient

the only thing I can think of now is implementing Alliance, Would be so much better for raiding/rifting general pvp, bring back full flight on relog so we dont have to stand around for 5 mins for the flight to come back, few more events would be nice, an npc that sells all colour dye also would be a good addition and maybe also mats for crafting ? (yes we get everything handed to us on this server) but it's a pvp server right ?

5. prNu

prNu New Member

Chill with the thread lock button and I'm happy for now :p

6. Beastie

Beastie Banned

Wall of text look out!
    I would like to see more Muffler events, and a better way to get mufflers to the players. Seeing as mufflers are a way to get abyss items, and you need 150 to get a set. I've been active for a little over a month now, and have only heard of one muffler event. I was able to get in and despite winning(Go Asmos!) was screwed out of my mufflers. Boy that was fun. Im on moslty during the night EST, and sometimes during the day so I don't know if 'm on at the wrong times or am just unlucky with event timing. I'm not asking for more events period(though that would be awesome), as the GMs are busy with other problems and not really getting paid for it. I just think there should be more muffler events and a better way to reward them to the players and also make them tradable.
    I know its been discussed before, maybe try to find a way to get silver medals without doing events. I know theyre supposed to be tough to get but events arent being run continously(I understand you have other things to do GMs) but maybe make them drop from insanely tough bosses, or in some instances. They should be hard to get but events shouldn't really be the one and only way to get them.
    I would also like to be able to set up a store leave for ten minutes and come back without being automatically logged out due to inactivity. Seriously Im in a store, I dont want to watch my char sit on his ass in Belusan waving at ppl while other ppl run by!
    It would also be nice to get some kind of global chat up in game where platers could talk to each other over the server. All the WoW servers I played had it and it worked out pretty well. Rules for it could be NO CAPS, don't spam, and don't cuss. If players dont like it then they could have the option to disable the realm chat.
    Being a little less zealous with the thread close and lock button wouldn't hut either.
    It would also be nice if Elyos and Asmos could team up every now and then for some instances or something.(WTFOMGBBQ STFU and GTFO you say) Hang on, let me finish! It would fit in the story as the Balaur are the real enemy and the whole Elyos and Asmos war pretty much started with a huge misunderstanding, it would be make since that there might be a few scenarios where they decide to put aside their differences for the time being and work together to fight a common and more dangerous enemy and then go back to fighting each other later. Though that would probably have to be something implemented in retail first.
    Overall though I know the GM's are busy and have a tough job and dont get paid for it, and think that they are still doing a great job in keeping this server running smoothly.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  7. Rg9400

Rg9400 Banned

@ Gift, Have you ever tried stigma skills? You seem to have mistaken them for something that "takes time" or is a "low-rate" idea. Yet they aren't. They are a balancing tool in pvp, and offer customization "builds" like a skill tree or stats like strength on different games. Taking this away does two things. First pvp is brainless. Combos are almost all the same and pvp is over in less than 30 seconds in most cases. Secondly, it is unbalanced as you can now see by the huge influx of gladiators. Stigmas are NOT like an exp rate. They were created not to "nerf" players but offer players a much more diverse and fun pvp experience. How can a pvp server boast itself when its pvp is dry? Yes skills are bugged, but other private servers have bugged skills also and use the stigma system. Because of that, it is so much more fun. The only reason I do not quit is for the community and the other stuff this place has to offer. But stigmas are a necessary step. I have never heard of a game that offers players NO customization when it comes to pvp (all skills on a tree maxed out, unlimited stat points, etc) because it is bland and takes the individuality and diversity of pvp out. Why are we doing this then? i think it is high time that we look into an idea that is considered a FEATURE of AION like the abyss system or flying.

8. Accelerator

Accelerator Expert

decrease the rate by 50%?open instance with slow lvling?thats the worst thing they'll ever do.this is a high rate PvP server.don't confuse it with a low rate server..
    the economy in here sucks..ppl oveprice everything.if you open all instances it won't change the economy.
    who told you that we want to grind?we prefer easy lvl-up and lil grind in DP then full PvP.who gives a shit about grind.if i want grind i prefer to play retail that its 1.9 with new features and fully working skills.

9. Latark

Latark Getting there

I'm not sure if this has been said, however... it is around how events are done...

I'm not complaining about the events themselves, but i do think GMs need an automated message of some sort, or an auto responder in macro saying "You're in" when requesting to be signed up for an event.

I was currently in DP, and an event came up, wanted to do it, so popped the GM a tell. Now what? I could continue doing bosses with my guild just incase i didn't get in, but how am i susspose to know i might get randomly teleported while mid battle, tanking a boss?

This issue could be fixed just by an automated message and what not, so please think about this.

1 person likes this.
  10. Quake5

Quake5 Well-Known Member

Make us able to do Nestor's Wings feather quest. Dont tell me about donate for it, cus theres 2 different types of donation wings, the Black Cloud ones ( that we would let as a donation item) , and make the Nestor ones questable, like in retail.

11. Accelerator

Accelerator Expert

or make it so the event is auto anounced with a registration time period,then have an NPC or something in a location,ex Heiron/Beluslan,and when registartion time ends,event auto starts after few mins.like most of Lineage2 servers do.and let more ppl to join not just 50v50.i was playing in an L2 Pride server and in the TvT event were participating 400+players(and server had about 500-600+).

12. buzzerman

buzzerman Getting there

I guess my main suggestion is.. more events please? And better organized/scheduled -- perhaps provide a better way to register in advance for some of the events?
    I suppose it would help if we had a dedicated "Event" section here on the forums, where people could register for various events without having to wait in game for those short moments when registration takes place..

I have yet to get into an event..:( I rarely catch the announcement to register for the event (perhaps because I can only play a couple of hours, and only after 10 pm EST), and the one time I was there when the announcement was posted to register, I actually couldn't get in -- just a few seconds after that announcement the GM wrote "OK, stop whisper" -- before I even got to finish my /w to register :D (I know, I'm too slow, and I made the mistake of trying to whisper a full statement as a registration request instead of just "me" like others have done I guess). And then they had their quick RvR battle and that was it -- no second round, no turns to allow other people to participate in the event, etc.

If all events are like this, I suppose most people who are just missing that in-game registration call, or are too slow (or busy) to react in the 2 seconds following the announcement, will never get their turn..

13. Min0rity

Min0rity Proficient

The only thing i have to say is:
    Make sure when you're doing 100v100 or 10v10 events, that the players are 100v100 because in a previous 20v20 event; I was the only cleric of the other 19 and there was more than 20 asmodians.

i don't care if you have to count them one by one.

14. Gift

Gift Proficient

thats just my opinion.. everyone has theirs tho. but urs is definetily good for low rate grinding/crafting servers

15. Drizzle

Drizzle New Member

have 30v30, 50v50, 100v100 and do not have to 1v1 is horrible
    should make that event to see who really is the best because in mass pvp this is difficult to see who is better individually and

16. Rg9400

Rg9400 Banned

LOL, man go look up rate in a dictionary. I am assuming you have. Now rate in no way EVER connotes a qualitative substance. It connotes a multiplicative substance. That being said, experience points are rates. AP points are rates. Drop %s are rates. This server has all of those at high levels. Skills are not rates. So in no way can you kill stigma skills a LOW RATE IDEA. Stop saying that. You can say you think it makes pvp less fun, but it is not a low -rate idea. Lots of HIGH rate servers have them, but they do not have a community like this one. Now think of it in this context.

Aion needs to distinguish itself from other MMORPG's right? Most MMOs use a stat based system. AION does not, we have base stats determined by our class. Okay, so we can not customize that. So do we have a skill tree? No we buy every single skill and they "level" up as we gain levels. So where is the customization that every other MMO offers? Its in this stigma system which they created as a feature to the game. Without it, (and since everyone has the same armor), pvp is the same mindless drool. Dueling especially is tedious. There is no customization or diversity, which the stigma skill was created to offer. It is a feature of AION, not a low-rate idea..

You yourself said that you hated grinding, so even if you played retail I doubt it was to 50. Thus you never enjoyed the stigma system with all of the skills now available. On the same topic, we are saying that you can BUY all the stigmas so there is no "time-consuming" thing. Thus, all we are doing is adding customization and balancing the pvp. It is actually a lot of fun, and I know you have not tried it since everyone that has loves it to death. You never see people complaining on retail AION to take it out.

To the bugged skills comment. While many classes have bugged skills, so do other private servers running the same emulator. Yet when I played on those servers, despite not having lots of people, the PVP was way more balanced than it is here. Duels lasted longer, raids were ten times as fun, and skill was actually measurable. I only left because this server has quite a bit more to offer, yet it just needs this one item.

This idea is in no way good for "low-rate" servers since it actually offers a better "high-rate" pvp experience. You obviously do not like it without trying it, but it is fun. I am not trying to nerf anyone. Infact I am a gladiator. I have a job and everything. We are stressing this idea because it makes PVP more fun, and the main thing in this server to do IS PVP. We are trying to make your experience better, not hurt it.

17. ichimaru

ichimaru New Member

Oh my god Gift, i really dont knoe what to say now, am i keep replying on the wrong thread or you just never get it.

Why are you keep saying low rate, low rate, low rate, i never said anything to lower the rate to retail like !!!
    Even i did say to lower it, its not thaaatt low, maybe if it takes you to press quickbar number 1234 + Alt1 200times to hit 50 !!! maybe i'd say put to 900times this time and the reasons i mentioned above.

Somebody please help me explain to Gift ooh mi gosh..

You keep bring the topic from STIGMA SKILLS to EXP/GRINDING/CRAFTING !!!! as if they are the same things.

I think Grinding is really different than Skills

Good night people xD

18. skarpz

skarpz Away ~ Forum Legend

MORE EVENTS!!!! And GMs can be at main citys : Beluslan and Heiron and Help the new players.

But ofc , More EVENTS =DD PLEASE !!! =P

Like 200 vs 200 =P it would be awesome

Oh !! Yeah , and fastest rewards ( when the event ends , mail faster the rewards ) =) Ty

19. Socos

Socos New Member

+1. allow more player sot do events so Zodake or the asmos gm doesn't get flooded ti==with "why didn't you tele me to the event?"

20. Rg9400

Rg9400 Banned

I know, I dont think he understands. I hope my post tried to explain to him how his thinking is completely flawed. Stigmas have nothing to do with rates period. They are a retail feature like dredigon or forts or the abyss, and they should be added