1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

OK Button Freeze & Denied Abyss Quests?

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by serriu, Dec 12, 2010.

1. serriu

serriu New Member

OKFreeze -> This happens only with this server, I don't know if it has something to do with the data, or the patchers, but nonetheless. Login, enter name and password: whether or not I press OK or enter, it randomly freezes up. Can't click any button, and I end up having to ctrl -alt-delete. What I keep having to do is replacing the bin32 folder (the one given on the forums) Repairing doesn't work, restarting doesn't work. Unsure what to do at this point? WIndows 7 64bit.

AbyssProblem -> Because I wasn't completely thinking: I remember Baldur's message popping up on another server saying he had something important to tell me, but other than that, I was assigned the Abyss Entry Quest, but when I click the dropdown menu, I have ????? and it tells me I must Complete the following through quest first. (Well, I don't have it.) I've checked guides, talked to Baldur, Talked to Kvifner (*sp) I'm a lv48 Ranger, I figured I probably out-leveled it, but I didn't think I could outlevel campaign quests? So are the rest of my campaign quests doomed to fail since I can't access
    Reshanta ? DDDD:

Any help is greatly appreciated.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 14, 2010
  2. Moaz

Moaz Getting there

I had the same problem with screen freeze. I deleted completely Aion game with all folders and I reinstalled from Ncsoft launcher. I have logged 6 times after doing this and i didn't have the problem again. I have WinVista

3. Razor

Razor Master of Disguise Forum Legend

just get over it.. you wait 15-30s and it unfreezes :]

4. serriu

serriu New Member

@Moaz, I was dreading that option, but I'm not willing to try it.. yet.

@Razor: That would be a internet-related problem, this is a client related problem. If the freezing was due to a crappy ping to the server, or connection, it would be instant-disconnect. The freezing is something withheld in my binfolder as it seems. Zzzzz.

Not to mention I've waited about an hour and a half just to experiment, and it didn't unfreeze. Just sat there with an animated background. Unhelpful notation is unhelpful x:

5. Moaz

Moaz Getting there

Well if you can't play now... you don't lose nothing if you try it^^

6. snic

snic Respected Member

i still dont get why u ppl write such long things lol : o

7. crimsonfang

crimsonfang Well-Known Member

I guess getting that problem mybe from the time of patching it........ or downloading the game......... also....... OS issues? hmmm..........

8. serriu

serriu New Member

@Moaz: I can play now, but 9/10th's of the time, I get a screen freeze. I can't just leave it open or it AFK-kicks me. :s

@snic: The point is to be descriptive so any support/GM has all/additional information needed. I'd like this problem solved so I'll add details to the best of my ability. :s (Not to mention: It's super annoying)

@crimson: It's not patching issues, I'm not getting errors, it's simply freezing. I'm always patched up 100%, and this laptop is brand-new, Win7 might have some new found compatibility issues, but other than that, I have no idea.

Any GMs/Support staff around with a guess? @ @;

9. serriu

serriu New Member

bump, any GMs have any idea? It's getting to the point of being constantly reoccurring. :/

10. Gaura

Gaura Well-Known Member

uh...check your patch and somtimes item pak

same thing happens to when i play other aion server...

the item.pak is edited here so check it 1st :D

11. serriu

serriu New Member

Reinstalled gamez, replaced the bin32 file, repaired, checked for updates, replaced the item.pak, Nothing works.

Any more ideas? x____x

This is more of a problematic hassle than it is to play. hoping it's worth the effort. :s

12. Aust3nr

Aust3nr New Member

I have two things to say to you about this thread.

A: The server is down.

B: You dont need to do quests to get into the Abyss.

Thanks for playing

13. josno

josno New Member

I get the same problem with ok freeze, I have WinXP too. Hopefully it's just that the servers down but i really don't know because it just started happening to me.

14. serriu

serriu New Member

Errrr. The server is down now?
    Is there any HTML director besides the patcher that says the server's down? Or is it all based off of popular belief and or bugs assuming it's down?

Secondly, the Abyss Entry Campaign Quests have always been required to enter abyss, plus the Portals in Morheim / Altgard don't work either.

Abyss Entry quest is lv25, [????] "You must complete following through" I've talked to all required NPCs, and they have nothing to say to me. zzzz.

@josno: I have Windows7 64bit. No idea why it does this. This is the only server I've played that has such a buggy interface. o_o;;