1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Newb PvP Question.(Looking for Advice)

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by ModernMonk, Jan 9, 2011.

1. ModernMonk

ModernMonk New Member

Ok, I just started playing Aion and got involved in PvP for the first time yesterday. I seem to be having a really hard time with Flight combat. I cannot keep up with the ranged classes while flying. Are there any tips or tricks for Melee classes (I play Chanter) to keep up with the ranged in PvP combat? I know clicking some skills makes you auto-run towards the enemy but I feel this isn't always accurate (I get a "you are too far from your target message).

I have a lot of PvP experience in other games, and in ground PvP combat I seem to do alright here, its just the flying that gets me. Also I seem to have a hard time being aware of my surroundings. I was trying to PvP in the core last night and every 5 minutes out of nowhere 5-10 Asmos would be right on top of me (I play Elyos).

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated (Granted Ive only played Aion for 3 days, I am sure I will get better over time).

2. Smartik1

Smartik1 Walking F.A.Q. Forum Legend

first of all u need flight speed armor (anuhart is a start), then u need a flight speed helmet (1 of those in the abyss shop), then u need a 30 percent flight speed scroll. u cant keep up without that

3. Euphy

Euphy Well-Known Member

Follow Smartik's suggestions. If you're fighting a ranged class, make the other person chase you (once you're moving at the same speed, which is capped at 16.0), then turn around quickly (they won't have a chance to back away), stun them, and kill etc.

4. Ryccard

Ryccard Proficient

if you have a long range stun, that would help...if it goes thru... aside from that, as smartik said, you have to get some flight speedboost for air combat.... =)

5. ModernMonk

ModernMonk New Member

Thanks, yeah I figured my gear needed improvement. I got 3 of the Anuhart pieces yesterday morning (obviously not enough).

I know this has been asked a million times. Tips on making Kinah? I have tried farming in the Core, but with the high number of Asmos there it is pointless. Is there anywhere that has just as good drops, or am I doomed to keep trying the Core? (I haven't tried DP yet, I was waiting around looking for a group last night for it, but no luck.)

6. Euphy

Euphy Well-Known Member

Try going through Dark Poeta with a Cleric and Glad/Temp, skipping all the bosses except for the last one (Tahabata Pyramid). Many of its drops sell around 1b each (on Luminel, probably more on Siel). It takes me 20 minutes with a group of 2.