1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

[Guide] Assassin when the Stigma System comes out.

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by Lakhane, Jul 18, 2010.

1. Lakhane

Lakhane Expert

Assassins

[Manastones]

Assassins have a much better survivability rate than rangers, therefore they don't really need HP socketed, and due to the fact that sins have a total of 5 magical resist skills and 1 physical resist skill, socketing magic resist is rather, useless.

Assassins do not dps just by spamming rune carves and other skills, assassins depend on weaving (adding normal attacks in between) to get the extra dps off. This also helps tremendously when taking a gladiator, templar, cleric, or chanter down.

The one and only build, for all sins, is to stack attack.

----------------------------------------------------
    Weaving

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcQ8Y-jzWNY

----------------------------------------------------
    Stigmas

*Sins don't have great stigmas, so there is no point in mixing it up, most sins use the hybrid build, but the dash and slash build is well known for group ganking.

[Dash And Slash Build] - This build is mostly used when in ariel combat (pvp)

-8 Slots-
    [Normal Stigmas]

• Apply Deadly Poison
    • Deadly Abandon
    • Aethertwisting
    • Blinding Burst
    • Oath of Accuracy

[Advanced Stigmas]

• Apply Lethal Venom
    • Lightning Slash
    • Dash and Slash

[Hybrid] - Going rifting or any place during free fly \ duels, this is the more optimal stigma build.

-8 Slots-
    [Normal Stigmas]

• Deadly Abandon
    • Flurry
    • Aethertwisting
    • Blinding Burst/Sigil Strike (Rune carve and sigil strike do not require you to stand still while attacking, so it's a great stigma when carving and moving at the same time.
    • Oath of Accuracy

[Advanced Stigmas]

• Ambush (Normal stigmas can be placed in advanced slots)
    • Shadow Walk
    • Throw Shuriken

---------------------------------------------------------------
    As a sin, you want to stay as productive as you can and keep changing your rotation by looking at the situation and making a decision. No sin has a set rotation, it's all about planning your move beforehand and breaking it all down by looking at the situation.

Here's an example of a stuck-lock rotation that I would think of when dueling a chanter.

Preduel

Deadly Abandon -> Apply Deadly Poison -> Flurry -> Clear Focus -> Focused Evasion -> Hide 2

Ambush -> Suprise Attack -> Weave -> Rune Carve -> Weave -> Sigil Strike -> Weave -> Binding Rune -> Throw Shuriken -> Weave -> Weakening Blow (Make sure their back is facing towards you) -> Weave -> Fang Strike -> Crashing Wind Strike -> Pain Rune -> Weave -> Swift Edge -> Weave -> Soul Slash -> Weave -> Rune Slash

(They should be dead before this rotation even ends)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

[Gladiators]
    Gladiators are a pain because it takes longer to burst them down. If you're planning on soloing a glad in real pvp, don't bother unless they do not have Unwavering Devotion up. Try to keep a gladiator stunned while you attack. Pop blinding burst if it's a must and you're about to die. Also, have focused evasion \ aethertwisting up when you think they're going to ankle snare you, because next patch, ankle snare will count as a magical attack like it's supposed to and will be resisted if you have aethertwisting on.

[Templars]
    Templars are a must-avoid if it's a 1v1 situation. Just like gladiators, it takes longer to burst down and makes it all harder if they have unwavering devotion on. They're just as hard as gladiators due to their tremendously high block rate (you will get blocked) so it's a good idea to pop oath of accuracy (increases your accuracy and goes through block). Sins aren't meant to take down templars, but if they're low health, or is on the ground without unwavering, it's always challenging trying to take a templar down using sole burst and stun locks.

[Sorcerer]
    Sorcerers are all magic-based, so in 1.9, they shouldn't be as hard because you have a total of 5 magic resist spells that WILL work against sleep, root, etc from then on (assassin's resist skills are getting fixed). Sorcerers are an easy kill as an assassin, and you should have definitely NO trouble killing them with one ariel or stun lock as they have VERY low hp and pdef.

[Spiritmaster]
    Spiritmasters, just like sorcerers, are magic-based, and in the upcoming 1.9 patch, you will be able to resist fear, body root, and so on like it's intended to. Just keep in mind that they have an INSTA-FEAR skill, so aethertwisting when they see you is a MUST.

[Ranger]
    Rangers, like sins, have all-seeing eye. So you need to be aware incase they actually have up. Rangers are low-hp, low-pdef. They're squishy. As long as you get that first initial stun, it should be cake from then. But do remember, they do have sleep arrow so aethertwisting will help. Not only that, they also have their own focused evasion, so be aware that if they see you, your first initial stun might not get on.

[Sin]
    Most sins start off a fight by popping focused evasion. The best way to get through this is by using low-damage useless skills such as rune knife from a relatively safe distance to get that focused evasion off. Afterwards, you can pop your stun (unless they have aethertwisting) and be able to get them in that stun-lock.

[Cleric]
    Clerics are relatively easy to get as long as you get your initial stun off, but keep in mind that they have a root just like a sorcerer, so be careful and keep your aethertwisting up. Not only that, clerics have insta-heals as well, so when fighting against one, it's best to either get them stun locked and carve a couple runes to use silence-rune, or to silence them first, then stun them. They also have a long-range skill that can stun you, aethertwisting will also bypass this.

[Chanters]
    Chanters are also a very dangerous stun-lock class. As long as you can focused evade the initial stun (inescapable judgment) or get your first stun off, chanters should be no problem. Do keep in mind that chanters can also heal so silencing them will help in most cases. Chanters also have protection skills that dramatically increases their physical defense, so it's best not to attack them while they have them up, they also have a low cool-down charge time, so it's best to attack and get your stun off right before the protection ends.

----------------------------------------------
    Hopefully this guide has helped you and that you become a better sin.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2010
  2. Vian

Vian Getting there

+1
    very nice guide.

3. Lakhane

Lakhane Expert

Press thanks? :D

4 people like this.
  4. Vian

Vian Getting there

haha, fine xD

1 person likes this.
  5. Lakhane

Lakhane Expert

Updated with an example of a rotation and video going to be added soon.

Edit: You can now click on hybrid\dashandslash for an aionarmory stigma calculator.

Edit2: Youtube video is up.

2 people like this.
  6. Vian

Vian Getting there

I really don't like the idea where 1 rune carve = stun in this server, where as in retail you need 3. But I doubt they'll ever fix this.

7. Lakhane

Lakhane Expert

Same. I used to play as a ranger on retail, and when I came to this server, I found it a little dumb that you only need 1 rune carve for stun or ariel.

8. Sheytane

Sheytane Well-Known Member

Great guide, but you could also explain which builds to use when.
    The DnS build, is mostly used for aerial battles, and as this server is free fly and 90% of the battles happens in Air, I highly recommend now.
    Now, if all you do is ganking people on the ground, then the Hybrid build is the way to go :>
    Just my point of view

2 people like this.
  9. Lakhane

Lakhane Expert

Added it in, thanks!

10. yurifa

yurifa New Member

thank you for this! *(n_~)*

11. Lakhane

Lakhane Expert

Oh hey there Yurifa! No problem. Whisper me in-game if you want me to give you some private lessons :3.

12. makaadawa01

makaadawa01 Proficient

hi yurifa hehehe!!!!!

13. yurifa

yurifa New Member

oh... thank you lakhane... its just.. im not good at duels so im trying to learn them.. =( arigatou gozaimasu.. *(n_~)*

14. Rg9400

Rg9400 Banned

Make a gladi one next specially about the 2.0 stigmas. I am getting torn between two choices. Also need to wonder if they will fix PC SPC and SS before the update because if it is not possible to run away/interrupt, those skills will be devastating 0o.

15. Prestige

Prestige Well-Known Member

Rangers are squishy T_T. Great guide; keep making them :eek:. Much more detailed/straight to point than the normal guide -_-

16. Lakhane

Lakhane Expert

Planning on making a gladiator \ templar one soon.

17. Ally

Ally Well-Known Member

Good!
    i need a glad guide for my glad D:

but as usually lakkkyy.
    good job<3!

18. Korona

Korona Proficient

It's not supposed too but a Cleric can dispel runes. I do this all the time against sins. Just a heads up.

19. Lakhane

Lakhane Expert

What the fuck seriously?

20. AzNDrag0n

AzNDrag0n Getting there

and due to the fact that sins have a total of 5 magical resist skills and 1 physical resist skill, socketing magic resist is rather, useless.

could you maybe tell me what the skill is called cause i only found aethertwisting and that only reflect 2 magic skills for 8 sec