1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Spirit Master Fear !!!

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by bandi7killz, Feb 1, 2011.

1. crypticspawm

crypticspawm New Member

I think Fear is overpowered just because you can not get rid of it with any skills. I believe that they should change it to where you can use skills while feared so you can get rid of it or make the cooldown at least 2 minutes.

2. Schnikz

Schnikz New Member

Magic resist cant avoid fear?
    Sorry, this is not Aion.

3. Arhandjel

Arhandjel Getting there

well on my full mresist cleric with over 2.2k m resist i still get feared in like 90-percent of times from spiritmasters that have anuhart or similar set >.<

4. Chantix&Assantix

Chantix&Assantix Well-Known Member

Dude you still can resist fear ..

5. Solaria

Solaria New Member

No i believe it cannot be resisted in this server. MR for fears is one of the main reasons I even have MR socketed.

6. ChocoboBam

ChocoboBam Banned

2.6k magic resist still can't resist fear from random users. However such discuss, I do think it never satisfaction the users of the SM players here. They want only more op. Obviously.

1 person likes this.
  7. Biscuit

Biscuit Trance Forum Legend

Agreed ^ :D but it will all be balanced soon :) let's hope on for it.

8. Razor

Razor Master of Disguise Forum Legend

what about my idea?

9. ChocoboBam

ChocoboBam Banned

Macc cap and duration cutted by 1/2 sound fine by me. And don't listen to the crappy SM players here. They want the opponent permanent zero card plays. That is considering to them legit duels. Chloe for example. A kidtard.

10. Ally

Ally Well-Known Member

SM, a class in retail that should take skill, time to master, but yet, you have to think on your feet.

but yet on here is just

fear > dot > fear > dot > fear dot.

or
    Fear> Zerged.

11. Arch-Mage

Arch-Mage Dreamer...

I completely agree with you....Putting making fear dependent on MA and putting a cap on MA like they did on MB will solve the problem....But then they will need to put a cap on MR too, cause all will stick MR and be pretty much invincible to any casting class...

12. Chloe

Chloe Expert

I say implement the movement effect of fear. Reducing the duration is a buff to your class. It does not exist in retail and neither should it here.

My templar has an MR set and can deal with SMs just fine with 2.7k MR. If what you pertain as tank is the glady class then I think you should rethink what your class was designed for. It's meant for damage and AOE. There's a reason why clerics have Ripple. Because you can't be immune to everything. Your class was designed to deal damage. Not to be invincible.

The problem lies on how NCsoft designed MR-MA calculation. It does not lie on the SM. In retail there is no viable solution to Spiritmasters who stacked MA. They just learned to suck it up. What's your point?

In 1vs1 pvp situations, an SM keeping you helpless for almost a minute straight is a myth people like to say just to sensationalize how cruel fear is. Even in retail, spiritmasters used fear to their full potential by directing opponents to walls/obstacles. If fear movement-effect was implemented here, people would still cry at the duration. It is clear what you really are after is nerfing fear duration rather than actually implementing movement effect.

Yes, I was talking about the current server situation where all skills are available to all classes while spiritmasters have to live with their spirit skills not working. Some of those skills are huge burst skills and would be a good addition to SM's arsenal of attack spells.

Ah, what you're afraid is that you will a lose a lot of your skills and spiritmasters will take very little hit because fears are not even included in the SM stigma trees. Hmmm, I wonder why? Should we ask NCsoft? Should we ask retail why that thing is not nerfed yet? I wonder.

Also I was not pertaining to SM pet skill tree when I was talking about pet skills. There are a lot of pet skills not in the pet stigma tree. I don't need to be excused over something that you assumed.

Add fear movement effect. End of story. I'm sure there will still be more QQ. It happens in retail. It's not gonna be surprising in here.

1 person likes this.
  13. Chloe

Chloe Expert

Why thank you! ^_^ My, how huge a red bar you have! :) As far as I'm concerned, people who resort to calling names lack a certain amount of capacity up there. Hope you catch my drift.

14. sanctuarist

sanctuarist Expert

i see no reason to cut duration also. don have geodata = sm player's fault? if u look at it simply. people keep bull crapping at FEAR CANNOT BE RESISTED!@##@%@#$!!! can i ask some of u a question? MA 2.1k vs a MR 2.2k. 10% chance resist. against a odds of 90% hit. u wanna tell me fear is OP?

15. ChocoboBam

ChocoboBam Banned

Nope, there is a reason why NCsoft call you kid when they ban you off retail. ^_^

16. Beemine

Beemine Proficient Forum Legend

QQ +1 to ban all sms!

17. lmaonade200

lmaonade200 Proficient

lol I dont think you guys understand that you can self dispel most other CC's, but NOT fear, that's why being able to chain fear is much more deadly than chaining stuns or silences.

SM aoe fear is game breaking, you catch it on a team and they all go down no matter what.

lol@ comparing this server to retail.

damage scales MUCH more than defense with higher refines, And magic resist does scale AT ALL (not that this matters, because fear is irresistible, but it does matter in the later part of the argument), so with both heavy CC abilities AND high refines, an SM can totally dish out some amazing damage while still keeping their unparalleled ability in aoe CC! 1 vs 1 this is a killer, and in group pvp this is still a killer, amazing CC + decent/above average nuking power = gg

Last edited: Feb 2, 2011
  18. Solaria

Solaria New Member

I agree. The thing is though, even though it is like this in Retail, at least we were moving away - and that helped even a little bit - and that made a HUGE difference. We also had the chance to resist it, though it was difficult, you had to almost be full MR. But that's part of the game - choosing what way you want to socket. I played Cleric, and I was full MR so that the rest of my team didn't have to be. It's all about knowing your character, team, and the opposing classes. That is what made the game so unique.

However, I often run around with a few friends looking for pvp and if we even meet a SM, it's GG. Because from there on out it's slaughter.

19. Deadlychants

Deadlychants Rainbow kittens Forum Legend

Well then, I'm just going to complain about how stuns and silence arrow is so over powered.

Every class has it's counter class. Since freaking 60% of the server is gladiators that's why we see everyone getting mad about fear.

1 person likes this.
  20. Zikel#400

Zikel#400 Proficient

i think the same. since most of the server is conformed by gladiators theres a lot of complaining about sm cause its quite hard for a glad to kill sm. if there was some more diversity in this server it would probabably be more enjoyable and there would be less QQing to begin with.

2 people like this.