1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

only the best rangers

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by kalipsto, Feb 7, 2011.

1. suffery

suffery Proficient

Ok as a ranger user in retail since closed beta, And a ranger on gamez with the best armor and weapons combine possible, you cannot stun a full MR user with a ranger or if you can because i never say never, the percentage is so low i haven't seen it yet. This topic has been discussed to death over many forums, and just because you come on with your pretty pink letters and get your buddy to co sign for you, doesn't make you correct and all of us who think, and know your wrong incorrect. Stunning shot for instance has a duel component it's physical and magical, the physical does damage so even if resisted it still hurts, but the stun being magic based won't proc if the target has a high enough magic resist rate.

2. Amorette

Amorette New Member

It amuses me how many people make comments about the pink text... lol.

1 person likes this.
  3. sofea85

sofea85 New Member

Lol~! if stun is magical, what stun resist is for?

MR is only for resisting magical attack. So if you resisted a spell with stun effect, you won't get stunned. Same goes with physical attack that has stun effect. If you dodged/parried a physical attack that has a stun effect. You won't get stunned.

Simple as that.

4. Klassy

Klassy Proficient

So after reading what have been said by everybody, should I consider the +1000 stun resistance added by UD as +1000 MR ?

I'm sorry but I have to disagree.

Unwavering Devotion I

http://www.aionarmory.com/itemset.aspx?id=62

For your info, I did a test against a ranger on my glad with MR set. I had 2048 MR
    I didn't resist any stuns which seems normal to me.

Now I could be wrong on this server, maybe the stun formula is different from a server to another...

On the side note, I'd like to say less hate guys, try to be more mature and respectful with the others even if you don't agree with them. It just makes you look bad when you talk in a harsh way, that applies to real life as well.

Treat people like you would like to be treated. :)

Last edited: Feb 9, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  5. justnick001

justnick001 TwinDad Forum Legend

for asmo/ely hunting go for attack +5

in duel use HP +95 with crit 17 on weap

6. TooEarly00

TooEarly00 Proficient

a duel set?? the ****s wrong with you

7. suffery

suffery Proficient

You actually answered your own question, and it was mention by a actual game dev like a year ago. The reason UD has 1000 stun resist or what have you is they separated it to function only for what it is supposed too. If UD was 1000 MR than sorcs and other magic users would have 0 chance versus a temp/glad essentially godmode. So they made it to only effect what it was supposed too, stuns, stumbles ETC. As magic spells do not mitigate as in you take less damage for having mr you just totally negate the attack. that would be imbal.

8. justnick001

yeah thats what i have.....attack +5 in duel seems useless to me :p

9. justnick001

duel= 1 on 1
    asmo/ely hunting = zerg

thats what my sets for :p

10. suffery

suffery Proficient

Do you actually play? lol what you just said doesn't make your point and or add to anything lol wtf? No one is disputing MR is for magic attacks, and if you dodge parry a physical attack the reason you don't get stunned is because the attack does a physical check first than a magical, so if the physical misses the magical portion is a non factor. If the physical hits than the magical check takes place, and if your MR is sufficient enough you don't get stunned if not you do. Bottom line.

Edit: just for your viewing pleasure you have, http://www.aionsource.com/topic/111169-ijss-stun-chance-based-on-what/
    And http://forums.aiononline.com/na/showthread.php?t=46896
    Even this http://forums.aiononline.com/na/showthread.php?t=2258&page=2

And in all those threads and hundreds of people everyone concedes, what we are saying, and someone brought up a valid and true point in one of them, if you can't use the skill silenced, it is magic based and thus can be defended with MR. You can't use stunning shot silenced btw.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2011
  11. sofea85

sofea85 New Member

Lol. Can't get the point yet? The point is stun isn't just a magical attack, it seems like it is resistible by MR if the skill used is magical attack that has a stun effect.

If the physical skill or the magical skill landed, it'll do a check on your stun resist and there's a chance you won't be stunned.

Your links are just threads. They don't provide any definitive answer.

12. deudalephon

deudalephon Proficient

... ._.

I'm sure attack has a good effect on your bursts, but I myself mainly focused on HP's and crits. Left the Attack up to my bow to handle (abg or masta bow = golden for attack), which in total amounted to at least 460'ish base attack (bestial fury brings it up to 640'ish). I've seen many people pump their manaslots with evasion boosts, and that may make you powerful against many other rangers, but to the other classes, it's completely useless (especially gladiator).

So, HP's and crits :D and if you haven't done it yet, enchant your bow all the way.