1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Virus?

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by koffing10, Feb 23, 2011.

1. koffing10

koffing10 New Member

When I play the game, my anti-virus (Avira AntiVir) informs a presence of Malware in file of the Mu Guard. What do you say about?

2. Tousen

Tousen 私はアメリカーノを話すこと Forum Legend

Nah it's clearly, just stupid antivirus lol. ignore it, or Turn off you'r antivirus while playing the game.

3. Smartik1

Smartik1 Walking F.A.Q. Forum Legend

wrong advice :p

first of all, gameguard style defense uses a rootkit (harmless, but antivirus programs r setup to detect rootkits coz most r harmfull). thats why ur antivirus went crazy

second, every antivirus program these days has a "whitelist" or list of exceptions, u can add stuff there to make it not detect it

4. Candyman

Candyman Expert

Thats one of the reasons i will not use Anti-virus software, because most of the time they give out wrong information like what its giving to you right now.
    Just ignore what its telling you its quite safe.

5. Smartik1

i use avast :p unlike these guys, its intelligent lol. gamers submitted these things as false possitives ages ago so it no longer goes crazy with safe stuff ^^

6. koffing10

koffing10 New Member

i know how to unblock the access to the game. The point is: is the game really free of virus and malicious programs?
    I was victim of a hacker that tried get my archives, but he failed because he didnt get the password. And I am cautious, I dont access dangerous sites and dont log on in any computer. The only way I can see is the game countains malicious programs. So, I want to know the experience of other players.

7. Tousen

Tousen 私はアメリカーノを話すこと Forum Legend

The game is pretty safe.

8. Smartik1

as i said, its a safe rootkit used by gameguard for detecting 3rd party software, its 100 percent safe :p so relax lol

@Tousen damn u lol stop beating me xD

9. koffing10

koffing10 New Member

After I opened this post, my mu client is different. Before, when I play, there was only one virus:

Virus or unwanted program 'HEUR/Malware [heuristic]'
    detected in file 'C:\Arquivos de programas\GamezNetwork\GamezMU\MuGuard\llah.dll.

Now, the first time I play again after this post, there is another virus:

Virus or unwanted program 'RKIT/Agent.bjrd [trojan]'
    detected in file 'C:\Arquivos de programas\GamezNetwork\GamezMU\MuGuard\llck4.sys.

Smartik1 said that the "virus" is a rootkit. According him, only this new virus is safe? And the first???????? And why only now, months since I played, another "virus" was detected?