1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

[Petition] Fix Crafting Requirements

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by Kurodean, Mar 11, 2011.

?

What do you believe the solution should be?

1. Update the requirements to match retail requirements

30 vote(s)
    88.2%
  2. File changes to reflect on existing Gamez requirements

4 vote(s)
    11.8%
  1. Kurodean

Kurodean New Member

Ok, for all you crafters out there that have this same problem, I know you want it fixed as well. The crafting requirements for certain designs/recipes are not showing the correct amount of materials needed and it can really put a damper on keeping your interest in the crafting system as a whole. It needs to be fixed and only two options are available for that.

Designs such as "Design: Master Firm Hat" in-game and on aiondatabase show that the required materials to craft are as listed:
    Firm Striped Leather Board (24)
    Firm Striped Leather String (14)
    Master Special Greater Accessory Flux (4)
    Brilliant Magical Aether (5)
    Brilliant Drenite Ore (8)
    White Heliotrope Crystal (12)

And most of these materials take a meticulous amount of crafting to get the correct amount needed. Then after they are all done your char just stands there and does nothing instead of making the desired item.

All the while the required amount of Firm Striped Leather String (14) is actually supposed to show Firm Striped Leather String (37) and to first time crafters this just makes them believe that it is bugged and they have wasted all the time and effort into making the piece, in turn deterring them from crafting at all, which can drive people away from the server all together.

Either...
    A.) Update the requirements to meet reduced crafting costs as implied by retail to reflect the true cost of materials.
    or
    B.) Submit a file that you can place in your Aion program files locale to show correct requirements for each craftable item.

Both of these are simple valid solutions to fixing the issue with crafting requirements and I would love to see a change. I take great enjoyment in crafting on here and I am sure I am not the only one. Dev's I encourage you to take this into account and take the problems that may occur from it into consideration.

5 people like this.
  2. tekary

tekary A Gamers Life

I would love to see the reduction cost go into effect but either option would be acceptable. I have been avoiding doing any crafting cause I am putting out hope that they will update the crafting to retail cost.

3. Dragnblade2

Dragnblade2 New Member

Lets fix this ;)

4. oseas000

oseas000 Proficient

put a poll!!
    so we can vote.

1 person likes this.
  5. antli

antli New Member

It just needs too be changed server side am sure, seen in another post but yea please change

ppl who have infinite amount of mats from the npc that got left in game wont care tho, maybe thats why its yet too be changed

6. Kurodean

Kurodean New Member

Poll added.

7. Menrui

Menrui New Member

yeah i agree...getting the mats as-is is too hard enough and it became harder because of the increased necessary requirements needed for the craft

8. Kurodean

Kurodean New Member

I just wish to make a push for a way to craft without the stress of finding someone who can see the correct requirements. Either choice above could be a simple solution and I want the support of everyone that commits time and effort into the crafting system, such as myself.

9. raingeki

raingeki New Member

bring back those Fragments seller NPC !!

10. tekary

tekary A Gamers Life

Bump..Bump

11. tekary

tekary A Gamers Life

I would like to see everyone to vote or a GM to say if they are at least planing to fix to retail or show the right mat requirements.

12. Kurodean

Kurodean New Member

Feedback from a staff member would be excellent!

13. tekary

tekary A Gamers Life

i gonna keeps bumping tills i cant bumps no more

14. Kurodean

Kurodean New Member

If anyone at all has a solution to this, please feel free to enlighten everyone. Even a simple file fix til gamez staff comes up with a real solution would be helpful to the whole community.

15. tekary

tekary A Gamers Life

Bump..Bump

16. Afroboy

Afroboy Getting there

Bump............................
    I'll just stick with crafting scrolls and potions till this shit is fix.

17. Rome

Rome ソロモン・ヨアズ・アブラハム Forum Legend

lol this will take carl's money outta his pocket so he will just IGNORE ur case or just File ur suggestion rofl ^^ im starting to hate this server

18. Kurodean

Kurodean New Member

Funny thing is. I have a friend that within 10 minutes found out how to solve this problem, server side. It's not a hard thing to crack so why has it taken this long to deal with this? He hasn't given me full details on it but someone knows how to do it. And within the short span of time he took to find out how to fix it, this just shows nobody has either looked into it, or had the time. I can't say either or because I don't work for them.

19. tekary

tekary A Gamers Life

Right, I just wish A GM or Carl Would say something, cause I have open a couple of threads and got no responses so I will keep bumping this thread till I see one.

20. TrueSeph

TrueSeph Proficient

Highly doubt there will be changes. We haven't had a legitimate update for quite sometime now (sorry, little tad updates are not legitimate fixes).

I would love to have crafting fixed to be retail like, but at this point, its a laughing stock, this server is literally going down hill, I almost don't want to play anymore due to lack of communication and legitimate and reasonable fixes by those in charge.

I agree, get the crafting requirements to be fixed like retail, Gamez is already losing players due to whats been happening, this would at least relieve something on the server, and also...it's not very difficult to fix either so the idea that it will be time consuming is out of the question.