1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Work,life, reality

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by Aijun, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Aijun

Aijun MS 24/7 wohoo Forum Legend

Apart from the constant drama, flaming and trading we see everyday, I believe the community also needs some intellectual discussions.

Note: all text I am about to write are parts from my research done in university(Fraudian theories and historical analysis, I simple changed the topic from literature to daily life things); thus I would appreciate to keep this only here in gamez. Any adolescents who doubt my legitbility are free to google all they want.

Today our discussion will be Work(physical work as a mean to earn a living)

Before we get started let me clarify some terms here.

Work, which is the main topic today, is the ugly reality that everyone wants to avoid. To earn a living, one must inevitably work and therefore the work may or may not be appreciated by the doer. Ex: working in an office as an accountant, John has always wanted to become a teacher. In this situation, although John is hindered from his true passion and ambition, he is ableto surivive and make a good earning with his job.

Thus, I conclude that work is can be awarding but at the same time discouraging (that of which from ones true goal)

Moreover, work I unavoidably connected with time and money.

Money, the paper that runs our world, is the medium for us humans to continue to live and prosper. And it is true, money runs the world.

Time, twenty four hours a day, seven dys a week fifty four weeks a year, is precious and wasted time will never be re gained. A man who dreams of what he would do tomorrow rather than doin it tostado does not know the meaning time.

Fom here, the time I am talking about is free-time, the time in which we can relax and enjoy ourselves

Therefore, I conclude that money and time exists in a equalibrillim( chemstry student will understand this concept immediately)

What I mean is : one side gains wil affect the other side lose, there we always be a gain and a loss.

The flow chart: more money requires more work, and thus more work will shorten the amount of free time avaiable. When this occures, money is increased and time is decreased. This is what equalibrillim meant.

However, interestingly enough there is a big flaw in this equation.

Both work and money are of indefinite and undetermined matters, but time is limited and restricted.

Now, you may think, how can something indefinite be compared to something limited?
    The question brings us back to our main topic: work-> money-> life.

Here is my question for you:

Should one enjoy a career that he is not satiaified with even though he is making a good living?

Keep flamming digression and vagular language to minimal, I would love to hear some opinions.

Hayden. ​

2. dmaxcustom

dmaxcustom Well-Known Member

So interesting.
    As part of the working force. I believe that whatever you do in life should be something you enjoy. But no matter how much you enjoy it, it must not consume you, it must not dictate your whole life just for the sake of making money. It must not consume all of your time. Money and work, come and goes... you might have today, and may not have it tomorrow. So as part of the equation, one should always try to tweak the balance, so time (free time) its always at your disposal.

Saying this, its also true that sometimes due to contextual situations you just have to deal with you have at hand. It might not be possible to go for something we like, because famliy, debts, sickness, and a whole of other factors that will determine, that you have to do whatever you must to keep them on check.

Finally i like to add, that i would like very much that life where as simple as that equation you just posted... Its 100% true. But the elements you just described are just a small part of the complexity involved in day by day decitions, and the consquences just "kill" you sometimes.

3. Dranzell

Dranzell Banned

Of course money rules this world. I totally agree, but that must not "eat" all your free time. As long as you have a work place you love working in, it is time well spent, even at work. Of course illnesses and other problems will change what you want to be and do, but that doesn't mean that you don't have to do something you enjoy.

By the way, all the time spent to LIVE is time well-spent.

4. BetaMax

BetaMax Lord Emperor Forum Legend

Very Well Said.. i totally agree with this 100 percent

5. Dranzell

Dranzell Banned

Of course you do, haha!

6. Aegis

Aegis Guest

I feel that in life that people can achieve what they wish to do within reason... such as if a person wishes to persue a career of becoming a lawyer they can go to school and if they truly want it bad enough they will earn it... nothing can beat the willpower of human existance in this world.

However, I also believe that in society today that people have been granted an overzealous amount of self-confidence... we pride our children and our friends on how great they are... in fear they may become depressed/etc. However, this has caused false hopes in our society in which we praise those who get F's on tests they never studied for... we praise those who drink beer and party all throughout high school and at the end of their graduation have barely passed with a bare minimum amount of highschool credits in courses completely irrelevant to anything they would "want" to do.

Then they get a taste of reality and then from all their confidence they lead a life dilluded by falacy that they have been fed since they were children... that effortlessness is rewarded with greatness. That everything in life can be handed to them. "Oh you want that new computer? Okay I'll get it for you! You want that 50" HD tv in your bedroom? Got it!" Life doesn't work that way at all.

As such you have people who lived lives filled with false-praise and expectations inflated by it... in almost a morbid sort of way we have set up our children for ultimate failure and the loss of a chance to achieve what they wish in life and what they want to do. I am NOT speaking of partying 24/7. That is not a career, and it sure as hell is not fulfilling at the end of the day... and those who say it is are about as deep as a puddle of my piss if its true.

So in reality, I believe that those who wish to achieve hard enough... those who will sacrifice everything to achieve what they dream... these are the ones who will achieve a job that satisfies them most of all. Something that they enjoy and can profit from.

Fine tuning more to the point of the topic though..., if a person loves something... then that something does not become work. It becomes effortless and almost enjoyable. Day to day "grind" should not exist, each day for every individual should be a spark for oppertunity and excitement! If a person truly loves their job and is commited to it then they may simply take this job on as their entire life... making things like "money" and the works irrelevant.

I believe everyone in this world has a passion, I know that for a fact. The issue is (1) finding it and then (2) achieving it. For some it is more simple than others, and for others it can involve jumping through trecherous hurtles in order to obtain it... but as I said... it is all up to the power of human will. Thats one thing that we will always have beyond and above everything else, we have the will to live... and the beauty to dream.

Last but not least... anyone who truly is passionate about their craft, whatever it may be, will be successful. And with this success in their carreer comes oppertunity to grow and expand... and then people come to regard you as an expert in that area and your opinion becomes more and more valuble. Essentially making you very unique from the rest.

I'll end this post with one of my favourite quotes of all time:

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams".

1 person likes this.
  7. Dranzell

Dranzell Banned

I love this part. However, if the willpower of two persons clash, what would happen? The one with the "bigges" will power will win or the one with better reason and resources?

8. Aijun

Aijun MS 24/7 wohoo Forum Legend

Seeing what has happened so far in the past few years, does it almost frightens us to think about what the Holy Bible has stated?

As a christian myself, it feels like i am watching a horror movie except that i have the script in hand and knowning how everything would end. Sign... these days i am very so ....

9. marvin11

marvin11 New Member

u a working slave 5 days a week for all ur life .. till u almost 70 and half dead then u can enjoy life whats left of it and what ur able to do still ... u are a slave in general u have no option .. or become a drifter .. work sucks balls ... :pinched:

10. snic

snic Respected Member

who's will is stronger and bigger of course :3 about such things are written in the book " the secret". there's also movie so if u want watch it :3

11. Casval Zem Daikun

Casval Zem Daikun Getting there

I used to think life was what you make of it, that whatever you enjoyed doing should be what you do in life. Then I grew up and realized that you're not going to do anything without money. In the process of making money, you're probably going to do a lot of things you don't enjoy. Times have changed, you need money to go anywhere or do anything. You can't just walk off into the horizon and have a happy ending without going through a lot of BS.

12. Gospel

Gospel Proficient

Money does not run this world as the moment enough people realize it is worthless and was only meant to represent (not be) true wealth, the power it appears to have would instantly vanish.

13. Azmodius

Azmodius RAWRRRRRRRRRRRR

funny you mention "the secret" ive actually watched it.......... twice

14. Dranzell

Dranzell Banned

Was it good? I might read the book if so xD.

15. Azmodius

Azmodius RAWRRRRRRRRRRRR

lololololol

16. Bhakti

Bhakti Banned

You don t need money to walk in a park,swim to the sea,run in the country,sing ur favourite song,read library books,visit ur parents,talk to a friend,go to church(at least some),listen to radio, watch dawn and dusk, dance,fall in love,dream and last but not least...

PLAY CRYSTAL AION!!!

17. Dranzell

Dranzell Banned

Well, you need money to get clothes at least so you can walk in the park, go to church, bla bla. So yea, you need money for anything.

18. Bhakti

Bhakti Banned

In my country there is a social service that gives second hand clothes for free...

1 person likes this.
  19. Dranzell

Dranzell Banned

Mine doesn't have this luxury xD.

20. Autumn

Autumn Banned

Depends on if the person can sacrifice the career and still keep his or her family out of the poverty level. Unless you are an anti-social hermit, your sense of duty to your family must be prioritized higher than that of personal comfort. If the job has tolerable conditions, you should keep it, because many people out there aren't so lucky as to have a job that can support a family.

All of us have a limited amount of time. But even though the clock is ticking, doesn't mean we should just do what we want all the time.