1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Aion Connection issue.

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by Khat, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Khat

Khat Getting there

Alright. So i havent played this server for almost over half a year, and now i came back to see that the game client has been upgraded to 2.1 ?

Now i think when i launched the auto-updater via the NCSoft launcher, it went all the way to 2.1.0.6.
    When i installed GamezAion launcher and pressed Start Game, I managed to log in, but after i click on Accept the ToS, Nothing happens. I mean i still see the log-in Background PICTURE, but nothign else appears, no server list, nothing. Just the background picture is left.

I figured i'd let it be for 5 minutes but still nothing appeared. Any suggestions of what i can do to fix it, or revert the patch ?

There is a picture of what i see after i click accept on the ToS
    http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/2254/unledu.png

Last edited: Apr 6, 2011
  2. Demetrea

Demetrea Well-Known Member

Delete your data folder, then run NC Soft Launcher. Right click Aion then check for consistency / repair.

Once that's done, reinstall the new Gamez launcher (the one with autoupdates).

And then replace item.pak 2.0 and free-fly system.ovr. Guides for installing this are respectively found in the guides section. Before you do this though, please back up as you don't want to repair your aion all over again.

I'm playing with the most updated version of aion and the only problem I have is with the Tailouring craft. xD but all else is pretty good. Might get you a bit laggier than usual though.

3. Khat

Khat Getting there

Ah i see. Well im trying your method as we speak ( or read for the matter ), i'll repost a reply if it work / doesnt work to let you know ^^.
    Thanks for the quick reply though.

4. Demetrea

All rightey :] Hope you get it fixed. Any time.

5. Khat

Khat Getting there

All i can say is, delete ur aion, reinstall it, let it patch all the way to the final retail patch, and the rest is obvious.. no other way out of this issue,.

6. Khat

Khat Getting there

Either way NVM, aparently i fixed it by lettin it repatch all the way to 2.1.0.12 ? Or somethin liek that. At least i managed to log in o_O. With a lot of issues on the way >.<

7. Demetrea

Glad you did. And yeah, I severely lag on my character on 2.1.0.10 xD

8. snic

snic Respected Member

aww do u realize that its not even updated to 2.0? just make sure that ur update is complete and then re-download gamez client :3

9. Smartik1

Smartik1 Walking F.A.Q. Forum Legend

the updating issue (was like error 58 rollback not attempted or whatever) can be fixed by turning off ur user account control (UAC) and restarting ur pc. had something to do with firewall blocking updates, worked for a few people now so cant hurt to try. also next time right click the ncsoft launcher and run it as administrator

another common reason (for ur ingame error) is directx 9.0c since this game requires it and most people use 10 or 11 which is too new
    http://www.filehippo.com/download/f...a7cc8d79f6be137b9c08aeecb291883fe2d281d4446a/

10. HellMade

HellMade Banned Forum Legend

you need to download someone else data folder , later fix ur client with ncsoft laucher and then download gamezaion laucher, or delete all aion files also ncsoft laucher, and download new fresh aion , and later apply gamez aion laucher.

11. Smartik1

@hellmade that made no sense whatsoever

12. Smartik1

id tell u why but got 11 internal server errors trying to post >.>

edit: u basically just told her to fix it, followed by deleting everything and reinstalling again

why would u fix it if ur gonna delete everything after? xD

btw edited the previous post. when u turn off UAC and restart ur pc, right click the ncsoft launcher and run it as administrator, it should update properly after that

have a class atm, might be on later, good luck