1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Stole donations?

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by Demental, Jul 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zetsubou

Zetsubou New Member

lol I know right.

There is no "Test Server" info in any of the banners or donation page. No one would have donated knowing this was a test server.

So I honestly do see a lot of paypal conflicts coming if this is not handled properly.

2. cutetanks

cutetanks Death's Secretary ♥ Forum Legend

when you donate, you don't quite donate for stuff :O b/c than your just buying things... but for p servers when you donate you get a gift.. or a prize for doing so, but in the end you don't actually buy stuff..

3. TriangleMan

TriangleMan New Member

Well they can take their gift and shove it you know where.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 31, 2010
  4. Rg9400

Rg9400 Banned

And the server we donated for is dead. So we can get our money back now right?

5. Personman

Personman New Member

That's assuming your donations are used to the purpose of the donation, and not piss all.

6. Lucent

Lucent Ghost in the shell of a former Drama Queen Forum Legend

This NEVER happens irl right? This could NEVER be said for other servers either right?

You guys had time to play Crystal. You guys donated because either a) you have money to throw around and wanted to be good or b) you liked Crystal (at some point you thought it reasonable to donate, because it was worth it in your mind)

Donating comes with the knowledge that the server may instantly die if things go bad, or you may quit the day after because something annoyed you. Donating is donating, and what Cute said is correct. I'd hardly say he doesn't understand it when personally I think its fairly low to refund donations and I think his post makes the most sense so far in this thread.

Its just how it is, just because it didn't go as well as planned (note: test was announced FROM THE START mind you) doesn't mean you should get it refunded.

7. Rg9400

Rg9400 Banned

We CAN get it refunded. The question is if you want us to refund it by talking the money and pushing Carl into debt, or by some other method =P

8. Selik

Selik Hero of Justice. Forum Legend

Lol xD. Oh man.

9. Demental

Demental Banned

Are you honestly trying to be an idiot or is this naturally occurring?

Are you seriously sitting there justifying that people don't deserve their money back when they obviously donated money to see the server SUCCEED and PROGRESS? Why the fuck else would anyone donate to a private server? So that Carl can fund a brand new webcam for Karissa to masturbate on for him?

Donating is towards a cause. A contribution towards the success of something.

10. TriangleMan

TriangleMan New Member

I know how I'm doing it.

11. Kaeda

Kaeda Expert

Exactly, you donated, why would you want your money back?

I don't see people/companies who donated millions of money to CONTINUE research, support or whatever.

You donated for the greater good to keep the Gamez Network alive and helped CONTINUE the servers... and in return you were REWARDED points to get certain items.

1 person likes this.
  12. Fynie

Fynie Ayyyyeeeeeeeee Forum Legend

oh come on seriously, You donated to have a good gaming experience so you can get in-game items, you got those items, which then helped Carl to help the players get a better experience by doing heaps of upgrades to all Servers. You got what you want, and you are still getting what you want. So why go get a refund just because you found out that the Crystal is a "test" Server. Seriously I don't see the difference in Crystal and Gamez except that Crystal is more like retail and Gamez isn't.

All I say is grow up and think about the work that all the Staff do for these servers onto of what they have to do in Real Life.

13. Rg9400

Rg9400 Banned

Crystals dead. Thats the reason they want the money back. Honestly, I am amazed a shit load of people havent had their donations refunded right now

14. Demental

Demental Banned

Let's see... what work exactly?

15. Petals

Petals Proficient

I cant believe I got called immature today. Look at each and every one of the posts on here. Flaming.

"Karissa just said Crystal was always a test server, yet Carl took donations for it and also created another Test server with chosen testers."

Uh. Last i checked, Carl could do what he wanted. Considering he owns the server.

Second, The first purpose of Crystal was to be a test server for testing patches for GamezAion.

It was said that there wouldnt be any wipes... So what's wrong with CrystalAion donations again???

There isn't a problem.

16. Aegis

Aegis Guest

TBH if you want my honest opinion on this all, I really have high doubt's that slinging insult's and threat's around is going to convince anyone to help you...

But in all seriousness, you donated to help the server and in return were given credit's to spend on stuff within the designated server.

+10000000000000000000000000000000000000.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2010
  17. Personman

Personman New Member

Your face is a problem.

Also, carl can't. He's running a business.

18. Rg9400

Rg9400 Banned

We have a test server. And then we have crystal. They are not the same. Crystal is not being tested on. And 1.9 is already on gamez, so what exactly are we testing on crystal? It seems we have LESS stuff than they do.

19. ZombiePwn

ZombiePwn Proficient

Well this isn't exactly a "wipe" that'll possibly come back. The server is completely going down and lost. People donate to help, yes I understand that, but I doubt if they knew it would only last lets say...a month and a half or so? They probably wouldn't have donated at all.

1 person likes this.
  20. Personman

Personman New Member

Carl can't just do whatever he wants. He's running a business. That's why he takes donations.

If a hot dog stand suddenly decides to stop serving hot dogs and start stabbing anyone who passes by with a knife you'd complain too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.