1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Ground PvP

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by vRisen, Jul 28, 2010.

?

Should this be implemented?

1. Yes

164 vote(s)
    86.8%
  2. No

25 vote(s)
    13.2%
  1. steiker

steiker New Member

YES :D!, is better the ground pvp :love:

2. Xalamander

Xalamander Well-Known Member

+15 to this idea. but i dont want to lose free fly either.

3. vRisen

vRisen Banned

Actually 5 star, though, it's nothing to brag about..
    I NEVER told you guys what to vote for, I simply asked legion to get on and vote. Once again, I did not tell our legion what to vote on.
    The only thing I'm blaming on Autumn is causing a disruption in my thread, seriously, making multiple posts saying "This is the 32132132 thread and it's never gonna happen" isn't helping this one bit.
    I don't even get what you're saying here.

I take it you haven't PvP'd on the ground, I never said I actually dislike air pvp, I just wanted more variety.

New strategies? I suppose all the doodads, hills, trees and such on the ground aren't used for strategies either huh?

You haven't played on a non-freeflight server either, you are STILL able to fly in storm circle / heiron gate.
    This server isn't for gathering all day, it's a PvP server, therefore, PvP should have priority.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2010
  4. Taruka

Taruka Well-Known Member

This is a free fly server and if you take off Free fly in abyss it would sux.. In the rifts ok, but not in abyss

5. vRisen

vRisen Banned

I only suggested removing free-flight from rift areas. ;)

6. iceinheart

iceinheart Getting there

im a ranger and i think its fair if ground pvp will be implemented on rift areas. I also like ground pvp for me to be able to use my traps and other skills for ground.

7. Cropolite

Cropolite No regrets D:

Hey, could someone give me a TL;DR version?

8. jankop

jankop Expert

and what you will do if will come 2.0 patch with ground abyss? in off servers every1 want ground pvp so ncsoft did ground abyss. so why we cant have it too? fly fight is sux. no1 dont want remove fly in all game just in few place and i hope with 2.0 will ground abyss work normal not with free fly. thats my opinion. and why cant be ground pvp implement if when lot of ppl want it. you can see it in progress bar

9. Laytia

Laytia New Member

I just lol'd

10. vRisen

vRisen Banned

Me too, hahaha.

11. morysha

morysha New Member

/votin' pro groundpvp

Abyss flying zerg-pvp-shit is the reason why i left live servers^^
    always preferred small-group-pvp on rift areas, but on retail this
    method of pvp'ing already died.

imo it'd be great if free-flight would be disabled.
    Finally "real" pvp instead of low-hp-flight-toggle-off-runaway-pvp ;D

12. Raika

Raika New Member

I agree that ground PvP should be implemented in Beluslan/Heiron. We still have the
    Abyss for Aerial PvP. It's nice to have some variety in PvP. :happy:

13. big

big New Member

ground fighting is good

14. Rg9400

Rg9400 Banned

updating to reflect the fact that chlora is gone...means no new maps. Means nothing doing. Means no ground pvp EVER

15. Intrigued

Intrigued Getting there

Yeah yeah, late to the party here. All of your "strong points" are relatively objective, not factual. More fun, to some, not to others. More variety? I'd say less variety, less direction to move. provides no addition balance besiders making a few ground only skills work(aetherhold/traps), beyond that.. it may help -BAD- melee players a bit.

One of the biggest deterrents of retail is it taking an hour to get across the map. Played retail and been through mindless hours of running around trying to find anybody at all (as a ranger) who has kiting advantage on ground. While I'm a templar here who has(supposedly) hard time with melee skill range in air.

Basically air pvp and ground pvp are nearly identical, minus a third dimention, which really only affects the people with no skill.

voted -no

16. vRisen

vRisen Banned

Do you even play Aion?

That sucks, if anybody knows if clora will start his own Aion server, PM me the url. :)

Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
  17. Michael

Michael Proficient

ground iz for pussies ;P

18. Jecht

Jecht New Member

Ground combat is more fun than air combat. I get confused when fighting in the air..

19. vRisen

vRisen Banned

Well now that clora is gone, this thread is useless.

Oh well, good thing Starcraft II is out now. :)

Maybe if, in the future I see a popular pserver where the devs/gm's are more "What do you want?" Instead of "I'm doing it my way", then I might play Aion once more.

20. meeetch

meeetch Getting there

agreed, and his comment "do you even play aion" is probably a question he asks himself everyday.

I DO NOT want to spend 5 hours trecking across heiron with no one to fight what so ever. NOR do I want to spend countless hours looking up at a material that I will NEVER reach.

Your point that rangers and sorcs only own in air is FALSE. Rangers pwn on land MORE than in air because of MAU form. Yes this form allows them to run faster than you'd care to imagine. Just about every class has a means of anti-hit-and-run, you just need half a brain to know how to use it.

I think your little crusade for ground PVP is going in the wrong direction. Instead of pushing to change the game, causing some players grief and others great joy, why don't you contact opposite faction legion leaders and organize ground battles?
    If you like ground PVP so much, make the effort to COMMUNICATE to those that you do battle with. Use forums, instant messaging, or ventrilo and set some rules.
    ALSO contacting an event GM for these types of events is possible, given the preperations, etc...

So pushing to change game mechanics for your benefit and the benefit of your friends and legion is not necessary. Leave flying in beluslan/heiron for the newbs, gatherers, and raiders. Use your linguistic skills to set up your ground PVP which you love so much.

I would be happy to help set up an event like this in a secluded area - perhaps on a lone island in the abyss, or maybe in beluslan/heiron. Pick a spot, let's make it happen.

interesting...
    "Hypocrisy is the devil, until you're the one practicing it."

Last edited: Aug 2, 2010