1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

1.9-2.0 Stigmas System is needed?

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by Rg9400, Jul 11, 2010.

?

With the 1.9-2.0 new stigmas, should the stigma system be fixed?

1. Yes, I feel a class being able to use all of the new adv stigmas will destroy pvp

110 vote(s)
    62.1%
  2. No, I feel a class being able to use both adv stigma trees will not destroy pvp

67 vote(s)
    37.9%
  1. Rg9400

Rg9400 Banned

So all previous threads about fixing the stigma system were shot down. However with 1.9 rolling in soon, the game will bring along a bunch of new 50+ skills and advanced stigmas. These stigmas ARE in this udpate as they ARE in Crystal.

The idea behind 2.0 stigmas is to create two advanced stigma trees, each one containing different skills suited to the build. To start the build, prereq regular stigmas are needed (a few which suck) for each skill. That being said, this limits players to choose stigmas and does not give them all the skills. To witness this firsthand go to:
    http://aion.yg.com/stigma-planner#3:5:55|0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0
    As you can see, there is an art to choosing stigmas, and as you can see, having both advanced stigmas at the end of the tree for most classes is just pure stupidity.

With that said, I want to know where we stand on how stigmas will work when 1.9 comes rolling in on the 21st.

My predictions: If 1.9 is implemented with auto-learn, in 1-2 days a huge amount of players will leave to crystal/other server. PVP will become a disaster. This server will literally start to fall apart. If you think I am exaggerating, go to that stigma planner and look at ALL classes to see firsthand how it serves as a balancing tool. Not to mention it can serve as a great way to customize.

Now if this is implemented...how will it work? On crystal we are still having problems with adv stigmas, so that question needs to be resolved. Due to this being high-rate, I say that stigma shards should be sold at a npc. Adv stigmas and stigmas are sold at an npc, and you never "lose" them once you buy them, so even though adv cost AP, it is fine.

Please post respectful discussions here. No comments saying go back to crystal since the population there does not serve as a good PVP server, not to mention the fact that many of my donation items are here as well as my friends. Do not post unless you looked through the stigma planner thoroughly and understood how each class would be affected by stigmas or by auto-learn. Do not flame simply because you want to remain OP, bring substantive discussioin to the thread.

THIS THREAD WILL SERVE AS A WAY FOR US TO EXAMINE IF WE NEED THE SYSTEM BEFORE THE 21ST. ARTICULATE WHY YOU FEEL IT IS NEEDED OR NOT NEEDED. HELP THE DEVS DECIDE SO THEY CAN MAKE AN ENLIGHTENED DECISION AND NOT JUST SOMETHING TO PLEASE THE MASSES.

Phew :kewl:

1 person likes this.
  2. Dementa

Dementa Providence Forum Legend

Go back to crystal aion.

7 people like this.
  3. georgeiea

georgeiea Proficient

Yeah for 1.9 there's too many skills and if we have all the skills(stigma skills) then it would mess up the whole pvp.. stigma tree is like your build and to be able to have a good pvp game you need to have a good build. to be easy to get stigma so that players wont QQ so fast i suggest that it would be good if there will be a vendor of stigma shards and stigma stone.

4. Rg9400

Rg9400 Banned

I will use the sorc as an example. With autolearn, a sorc could use wintry armor, reflecting damage and slowing people down, and unleash glacial shard a skill that could easily hit for 7-8k. How would having both of these skills be fair? Or beneficial to PVP? Choosing one branch, or a mixture of both, or only a few adv stigmas for a bunch of reg stigmas allows for different, more balanced pvp.

@Dementa Stop trying to up your post count and post something useful for once.

5. georgeiea

georgeiea Proficient

Lol yeah.. sorc could kill anyone so easy with that and they will be hard to kill at the same time.

6. Ally

Ally Well-Known Member

and the people that say "no i like all stigma skills" say that because if they have to choose which one's, they'll probably screw up and qq 24.7 because they don't have skill. killing someone cause of having all your op stigma's is not skill.....

7. Myxx

Myxx Getting there

Lul I had an elyos ranger whisper me and tell me I was bad earlier today.... after he ganked me using drakie form [extremely quick "animations" for skills] and just spamming those 5 shots.

lulwut?

8. Ally

Ally Well-Known Member

^
    ew ranger's are way to op with every stigma D:

9. Rg9400

Rg9400 Banned

Wait till they gain access to 2.0 stigmas....honestly, I have yet to hear a solid reason for auto-learn on 2.0 (the ones for 1.5 were weak also, but you can not argue against it looking at these skills).

10. Thebeard

Thebeard Expert

I agree with Rg, having auto-learn in gamez (once it goes 1.9) will be the undoing and probably most counterproductive thing for the Gamez community. As rg stated in the opening post these stigmas are a way to customize and having them all just grants so much power to a class that there will be no way to balance out a single class to fight another, Rangers who already kill people in 5 shots will be even stronger and out of control. Glads who can nuke someone and die after being kited will now be able to jump to a target and take out whoever is kiting in a second.Sorcs will be able to 1 shot or 2 shot all classes with light burst and Glacial.Chanters will be able to go into Impregnable Fortress and use Mountain Crash and Disorienting blow to deal great damage to a target and knockdown the enemy and then they can use Numbing blow to slow and enemy's counter-attack, while all this time their taking reduced dmg from a 2k increase pdef and 200 elemental resist. Not to mention that they also have hit mantra + invincibility to add even greater resists,defense, Attack, and Crit.Assassins will be nerfed a bit with Remove Shock, but they will also be buffed by having 2 more stuns added to their arsenal on 2 m cds aswell as a 30second silence. A Sin having both the silence and quickening doom( one of the 2 stuns ) aswell as the 2nd stun unbalances a sin's pvp where stunlocks are already possible against everything but glads.Spiritmasters will be able to Perma-cc a target by having 2 sleeps in conjunction with their fears, And while a target is sleeped they can remove a lot of the increased elemental resist granted by sleep by simply using Infernal blight to increase their dps to the cced target.

these are only counting most of the ADV stigmas you get and not many regular stigmas, i could research more and find those skills if this isnt enough proof

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

bump to the top

Last edited: Jul 11, 2010
    7 people like this.
  11. Rg9400

Rg9400 Banned

Talk about a wall of text Beard lol. But yeah, crystal aion is dying right now, so no way I can go back to that now. Fix this, and honestly it will be a lot more fun. Honestly, a 1-2sec duel is utterly pathetic and boring. I would love to hear some arguments against this (so i can crush them), but devs what are YOUR thoughts about this issue SPECIFICALLY for 1.9-2.0 stigmas

12. kecimis

kecimis Proficient Forum Legend

My worries are that the problem stands much different that you think.
    I think the problem isnt whether Carl or GameZ staff in general want or dont want the stigma system working, rather the problem is can they make it work?

I dont wanna be pesimistic nor I wanna say that Carl and dev stuff is not trying hard enough, but still I highly doubt they can make working stigma system.

I think the question should stand: Do we really want lvl55? Or rather plain 1.9? Not really sure if there is anything functional in 1.9, but still, implementing lvl55 now, doesnt sound as good.

If there is way of having fully working Stigma system, I would vote for it right away.

13. Rg9400

Rg9400 Banned

Yeah they have been trying to fix adv stigmas for a week now, but the stigma system is needed for sure if we go to 2.0. They have another 10 days to figure it out, with the last week, giving them half a month to have solved this issue. If they can not work, just do not add the skills if you want the server to live:sad:

14. Thebeard

Thebeard Expert

they've been working on a fix for a while last i heard about it was going to involve using something from the site to acquire stigmas but i haven't heard anything since that.

15. Ally

Ally Well-Known Member

ya ,
    we DEF need stigma system working on gamez.
    if not.. ton's of qq and 1 second duel's,
    here we come.

16. Thebeard

Thebeard Expert

Should add a poll to this

17. Rg9400

Rg9400 Banned

With crystal's death approaching, this is a VERY important topic. Post your reasons why you feel a certain way so your voice is heard. Do not post without looking at the planner. That being said....BUMP

18. Gift

Gift Proficient

dude???? are u serious??? what happened with crystal aion?? u got bored of the grinding? or is it the slow pace???

stigmas work there the way u want it,why are'nt u trying to help GM's fix bugs in that server instead of coming to gamez and ask for this stigma deal again?

those who faithfully stayed in gamez will go against ur idea again for the 5th time.

19. Ally

Ally Well-Known Member

LMFAO AT GIFT.
    people that are faithfull to gamez AGREE aswell.
    in 1.9 with new skills pvp will be so unbalanced, and people will leave
    for the 5th time.

EDIT;
    and seriously, dont post on this thread if your just gunna start a flame war.

20. Rg9400

Rg9400 Banned

Good job reading....NOTHING. Crystal is pretty much dead now. And I am starting this debate again because of 1.9 coming soon. So why the hell can you not PROVE to me that a lack of stigmas will work. Go on that planner and I DARE you to show me that. Stop making the same horrible argument over and over again and post something useful for once. If you are opposed to it, explicate how having both adv stigma trees would not destroy this server in a matter of days.