1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

A few suggestions from a player that has been here since the start

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by VerseExtremis, Feb 17, 2019.

1. VerseExtremis

VerseExtremis New Member

This is not another random nerfs post. I actually wanna thank kolka and the dev team for the progress we had ever since the start of NA back in 2017. Back when we could facetank centaurs with +0 armor and farm them or back when we had bugged luck and we could stack it and get over 100 witch earrings per hour. Back when most stuff felt clunky but we still enjoyed it because it was bdo and not retail. The effort put from that point up to now has been insane. No one can deny that . At least no one that isnt new.

But now lets get to the point of this. We are facing a point where we are mostly copy pasting retail patches with a few changes. Kolka started a while back with polls on discord on player feedback about changes we wanted to see. It worked quite good and tbh it should keep happening with lots of Qol stuff. No one cant deny that the implementation of priests or cousins)) as kolka said of the blacksmiths wasnt a really great change. Having to go to church to "bless" and back to blacksmith was a pain. But not anymore. Thank you kolka for that. Now lets take that even further beyond and start implementing more "custom" stuff. Maybe they can be simple to do like copy pasting an npc to another area but still it would provide a huge Qol change to the people enjoying your server kolka. Think about lifeskillers for example. Having npcs that sell wine for energy at grana/valencia/altinova was always a lifeskiller's wet dream. Imagine implementing that even if you raised the prices as you said on wine. Money on this server is so easy to make no one can deny that. At least no one that doesnt know how to make money here. For that us the people have helped with guides on the discord and on the forums. Bonechi did videos and guides and infini and looney helped with guides on the server discord. No one can deny that the community hasnt been helpful on gamez especially when itcomes to player to player interaction.

So far so good. But what about PvP? Thats the real endgame isnt it?

At the moment pvp seems "dead" on both NA and EU at least on high tiers. Nodewars/sieges we have dodges and no fights. People just dont wanna bother when the rewards are so small. Even rbf people have to shout on server chat for others to join. Lets face it if you just wanna progress and make money you ll make much more from gathering or grinding in 20 mins that you would do in rbf. BUT WHAT IF THAT COULD CHANGE? What if those 20mins on rbf where actually worth it for a change but on timed events? What if the rewards of sharps/hards where implemented during normal days but on weekends we would have rng boxes? (yea ofcourse i am talking about more memory fragments but you never know). People wanna gamble by their nature. Lots of online games with rngboxes and gachas are a proof to that. But what if you implemented those rng boxes to pvp events or as rewards for player effort on PvP? Keyword here is effort. Everyone knows that high effort high gains. So kolka think about it. Making rbf or even another customized place a place for people to relive those glorious pvp moments. (Truth be told it would still be mystics everywhere and sorcs but still it would be pvp). It is a lot of work but nothing that cant be done eventually. Kolka you ve done huge stuff ever since 2017. Now the server is on a stable phase. Not many bugs and its going smooth af after the desync fix.Consider taking the next step for the server's feature.

Finally to conclude this in my 20 years of MMOS and private servers ive always noticed that the servers with customized content where always the ones to attract the majority of people and make people stay. Be that server of bdo that will do that. Take the next step on the future of gamez. Make people refer to gamez as a new bdo experience and not just "easier than retail". Just do it. The ones that have been here since the start we still believe in you. And to the new people being doubtfull you should know that the current server is a paradise for us that played through the bugs of the past.

Just my 2 cents and hopefully more people will join with suggestions. Peace <3 Gandalfium.

2. Choovanski

Choovanski New Member

double RBF weekly rewards and add caphras (which means double double in the weekend)

add belongings of adventure as an exchange item for RBF seals. or add it as a weekend item if that's not possible, or do another rng accessory/boss gear box instead w/e, just add gamble boxes to RBF. it's fun no reason it should be only weekends or have meh rewards

as for nodes, the income is just crap- so need to do it for fun really. so either improve the rewards (guild funds etc) or add some additional incentive

VerseExtremis likes this.
  3. Krizsics

Krizsics New Member

I would suggest to separate the channels even more. The 2 I would not touch are:
    *Arsha was a great addition. It is good as it is now.
    *Siege is the same, don't touch it.

For the normal channels this is how I would separate them:
    *CH1 PvE channel for beginners and players who level up. This would benefit for gatherers, fishers and horse trainers too, they could be spread across the map in safety, and not overload Heidel and other cities, safe zones. I would also apply extra combat XP until lvl56.
    *Ch2 would be normal channel as now. Although I would apply a very minimal combat/skill XP from lvl 56 and up to charm the players whos not lifeskilling, sailoring, worldbossing or beginners (so starting to taste pvp here).
    *CH3 would be the home for Sailors with boosted sailing XP and more often sea monster spawn. Just like in the next channel exclusivity, sea monsters would spawn only here.
    *Ch4 Boss channel. This is where Worldbosses should spawn exclusively. No more missed bosses for "channel switching cooldown". I would make bosses' spawntime organized tho, it is really often that they spawn in just a few minutes or seconds difference. Every 20-25 minutes would be ideal IMO. Also I would clear out every mob like in siege channel and let only world bosses to spawn.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
  4. RevelationsOn

RevelationsOn Proficient

Nice point, finally an older player than old players who are supporting gamezbd. Hope this changes will be implemented soon. :)
    @Kolka pls notice this post senpai :D

loboram and VerseExtremis like this.
  5. Toenail

Toenail Proficient

Yes, make GameZ *the* place to have the experience that BDO is supposed to be! :)
    GameZ already scores so well on so many points for me, and @VerseExtremis; awesome post!

6. Darby

Darby New Member

Channel specific changes are too much and niche, channels are good right now.

RBF needs help, it's dead and worthless. Make it an attractive place for new comers and old timers alike, even if it means getting your face smashed for 20 minutes, it should still be worth it to both parties.

Also take me off discord ban, @Kolka

7. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

I am very happily surprised that I am not the only one who feels like this community and server is one of the best I have ever been part of.

About the PvP situation I believe that it is still mainly down to the problems still happening to the Combat Mechanics and lack of proper Class troubleshooting; as is many mechanics aren't working as they should and that there are some Class skills that are bugged. This leads to an overwhelming lot of one type of class dominating the PvP arena since they have some bug that makes them much better than any of the other classes, which is basically why the PvP is not working period.

Players join to try out the PvP (Red Battle Field) and then get put into the same bracket as the top geared as well as best PvP'ers on the server, instead of having a place to go try out the PvP and find your skills work how they are supposed to as well as no bugs that make the whole thing a sham.

So about the more rewards or better rewards for PvP, yeah sure it will attract more PvP'ers but it still doesn't change the fact that the game is not as it should be...yet.

So in order to make PvP'ing a viable option on our community then these basic things should really work first and foremost, Before we start adding rewards for the handful of players doing it daily.

I agree that perhaps adding a new PvP dedicated server to our community will most likely be the best solution, a server where you get maximum gear as well as level and only have to worry about PvP fighting 24/7.

Most of all, I absolutely agree that GamezBD could be so much more, but it is going to be difficult to gain traction with the "new player generation" that hardly bother reading anything they do not have to, also that "us oldschool gamers" have a different view of how to play games and what playing games should be all about. But seriously making specific changes to the server will make it more fun and accessible to most players (or so I hope), having that special something that makes GamezBD stand out :)

Toenail likes this.
  8. sbrodolino

sbrodolino New Member

peoples still play here? ...

9. Toenail

Toenail Proficient

Idiot troll alert.

sbrodolino and loboram like this.
  10. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

My words almost exactly, thanks :D

Toenail and Isolation like this.
  11. Eroc2698

Eroc2698 New Member

Even if I didn't agree with your points made in this forum post (which I do), great job on constructively giving feedback to the Devs. So many communities just flood forums with "this system is shit" or "this is soo op, fix now"... These types of posts will actually make a difference and any Dev would be crazy not to at least consider the content. Great job 11/10

12. RevelationsOn

RevelationsOn Proficient

lol 2k-3k on NA while EU has more usually.
    try to find an active bdo private server huh? this is it, so just accept the fact :p

Toenail and loboram like this.