1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Atreian New Year's Resolutions!

Discussion in 'Events Archive' started by Dimitra, Jan 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dimitra

Dimitra 安心。 Forum Legend

[​IMG]

Happy new year, Daevas!
    The new year is here and with 2016 we also welcome a new (Atreian) life with new resolutions!

Your task is to come up with resolutions for the new Atreian year that you will try to follow throughout it!

But be careful! Be creative; There are many other Atreian residents competing against the most creative resolutions ;)

[​IMG]
    I want each of you to imagine you are
    a resident of Atreia. Your task is to think of and post 4 Atreian New Year's Resolutions to try and follow this upcoming year.
    All the resolutions have to be from a perspective of your character ingame, NOT you playing that character.

For example, a valid resolution is "I will train in the Sanctum underground arena everyday to lose that pesky holiday weight!" and not "I will help my shop mates gear up". Imagine you live INSIDE AION, rather than playing it.

An example of 4 valid Resolutions would be:
    1. I will give a portion of my daily kinah wage to the homeless Reian Soldiers that lost their homes after the sudden disappearance of their city!
    2. I will start a shelter for stray ribbits and fund it through fairs I will organize monthly to raise awareness for the cause!
    3. I will train in the Sanctum underground arena everyday to lose that pesky holiday weight!
    4. I will each week start a private shop with free food and beverages to pick up, so that even those trainee Daevas will have a helping hand!

The 3 people who will think of the best, most creative and original Atreian New Year's Resolutions will be the winners!

[​IMG]
    Everyone is welcome to participate, excluding staff members.
    Accounts that were created on the same day or after the event was posted are not allowed to join.
    Participating with more than 1 forum account will get you disqualified without a warning.
    You are allowed to only have one entry per person so make it count.
    Plagiarism is strictly not allowed. If you are found copying someone else's entry or ideas, you will be disqualified without a warning.
    If you get disqualified for plagiarism or for joining with two forum accounts or breaking the event rules, you will receive one Black Strike.
    Three Black Strikes will cause you to get disqualified from all future events. Read this for more info.
    You are allowed to make changes to your entry while the contest is still running.
    If you are asked to change your entry and you don't do that before the event is over, it will be deemed invalid and you will not receive participant rewards.
    ❅ If I see no creativity in your entry, I have every right to deem it invalid and ask you to change it. This is an event that needs you to think of just four resolutions; all (and the least) you can do is put some creativity in your post.

[​IMG]
    IGN:
    Server:

4 Atreian New Year's Resolutions:

For an example of four valid resolutions, look under "Mechanics".
    If your entry is valid and does not need editing, I will like your post.

[​IMG]
    3 Winners: [​IMG] 1 Crystal Reward + [​IMG] 1 Headpiece Skin of choice
    Participants: [​IMG] [Title Card] New Year – 7-day pass + [​IMG] Amplification Stone x25
    Participant rewards will only be given to valid entries.
    If your entry is invalid or if you are disqualified, you will not receive participant rewards.

[​IMG]
    Event ends: January 11th, 9PM GMT (Use this website for that)
    Winners announced: 1-3 days later

Good luck and have a happy new year!
    If you have any questions, feel free to ask me.
    However, keep spam or off-topic posts away from the thread please!

~ Dimi

vinhdt, merckz93, Rcanz and 11 others like this.
  2. Aedre

Aedre m α j є s † í ç

Ign: Ayeesah
    Server: Siel

4 Atreian New Years Resolution:
    1. I will save up money(kinah) to provide my needs.
    2. I will learn how to wash my own clothes.
    3. I will really take care of my pet since it is skinny already.
    4. I promise to freshen up before battling.

kennith, Mae and Dimitra like this.
  3. Deexee

Deexee 秒で死亡sarcasms

Ign: Deecee
    4 atreian new years resolution:
    1.i will visit the lonely pets in pandaemonium and play with them.
    2.each day i will visit the pandaemonium library to read books and widen my knowledge.
    3.i will encourage every asmodian to visit and read the information board so that they are always updated.
    4.i will help clean the garbages left by my colleagues in pandaemonium in order to observe cleanliness.

iHmf, Fendi and Dimitra like this.
  4. Daze

Daze D. Vampire

My New Year's Resolutions will be :3

1. I'll search information about Beritra's plans so that we can defeat the Dragon Lord :3
    2. I'll explore more of Balaurea together with the shugos and skurvs so that we can build a new "Danaria" :3
    3. I'll buy a estate in Pernon so that I can put all my achievements of my adventures...... Probably have to work for that Kinah :3
    4. I'll further study and master the ways of the Aether(like a Jedi :3 )

Last edited: Jan 1, 2016
    Dimitra likes this.
  5. samurai

samurai Expert

IGN: Senzui

1. I will help clean the Capitol Building in Pandaemonium.
    2. I will plant more trees and flowers at Pernon.
    3. I'll give some for those who gently ask for scrolls or potions.
    4. I'll spend more time with my pets since I'm too busy with the previous year.

Yoshiniko and Dimitra like this.
  6. Dimitra

Dimitra 安心。 Forum Legend

Alright, this got me really ticked off so I had to close the thread and point something out.

Read the event thread.

It literally takes 3 minutes and you guys do not even bother doing that. That is a really rude thing to do to someone who spent an hour preparing an event for YOUR enjoyment with no personal gain, only to see that you did not even bother reading even the event mechanics.

From now on, any posts that have obviously not even read the event thread, will be IGNORED. I will NOT ask you to change your post, I will NOT ask you to read the thread, I will not quote your post or ask you to change it. You have to figure it out yourself, and if you don't figure it out before the event ends, you will not receive any rewards.

To anyone else wondering if you got your entry right, not because you didn't read the thread but because you are unsure about certain things; as I said in the thread, I will be liking all posts that are valid and need no changes.

I am not obligated to run after people who don't even bother wasting 3 minutes to read how the event works, to tell them to read the actual thread. I am obligated to explain things to players who got them wrong maybe because they didn't understand or because my explanation wasn't proper, but I do NOT have to chase whoever does not even wanna waste the 3 minutes to read the ONE SIMPLE MECHANIC the event has, that I have explained perfectly and even given examples on.

Again; Any posts from now on that make it obvious that you have not read the event thread, will be IGNORED, and if you do not change them before the event ends, you will receive nothing.

I never knew I would actually have to thank people for doing something as simple as reading the rules of the event they're joining, but I will. To whoever actually read my short mechanics and explanation, thank you.

I have never asked for a "thank you" or a deep bow for doing events because it's part of the position I volunteered to acquire, but the least you guys can do is respect the fact that events take some time to create and there is actual thought process and preparation behind them. There is no "event generator" in any of the staff members' head, and you can at least respect that by reading what they ask you to do in the events they do FOR YOU and for nobody else.

The thread is now open again.

Kulasmith, Rivex45, nofeara and 9 others like this.
  7. Patatas

Patatas o'ya

IGN: Agentkiller

Achievements. First of all in the year 2016,
    I want to explore every great mountains of atreia. I have climbed morheim's and beluslan's tallest mountains already and I hope so this year , Mountains of Cygnea, Enshar and Levinshor will be the next. Kinda excited. You haven't notice yet? I'm an atreia's great mountaineer. Haha.
    Family. It's been my family's dream to live in gelkmaros. There's a cool and beautiful houses out there, and ofc, "Nature" will be our neighbor. Since I already found my own Job now, I'll gonna work hard for it. This will be my gift to my parents who worked very hard at pandemonium's market street, selling some goods just to raise us.
    Public Service. Long long time ago when I'm still getting my first job which is to be a mage, our academy is so very far from where i lived, everyday when I went to our Academy, I will just walk and encounter many creepy creatures (Like those big mouth carnivorous plants and some big centipedes and etc) from left to right in the street. Now, this 2016, I don't want our new generation atreian students will experience those things. So, I will buy a sleek hovercycle mount to be use as a school service ride to our dear atreian students. And ofc it is just for free, No fare. This will give advantage to our atreian students in their safety and time (Not to be late in their trainings) when going to their academy.
    Grammar. It became as our tradition in pernon to have different kind of contests or events every year like poster making , Duel the Host, Find the Ribbit, Poem making and many more wherein each village in pernon will compete each other. I have joined once, it was happened last year when our Village's Representative got sick, and there's no other Representative left for the "Poem making" event, And as a result my neighbors have voted me to be their representative for that said event. That day was very unforgettable. You know why? Because I lose and the only reason is my Grammar. That's why I put "Grammar" in my Resolutions so that I won't make my village as a loser again this year. I will train myself harder to achieve good result when that yearly competition will Start again. (Now, I'm the one who volunteered myself to join this Poem making Event, I promise to take that stash and trophy for my village). Fight! Fight! Fight!

And that's my 2016's Resolutions.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
    Kulasmith, nofeara, Sensei and 4 others like this.
  8. Peiipei

Peiipei New Member

IGN: PEIIPEI
    SERVER: SIEL

1. I will protect those cute Poco Mokies mobs from crafters so they wont turn them into candies.
    2. I will not get dyes from the dyeplants in Oriel to avoid destroying oriel's ecosystem.
    3. I will volunteer to guard a rift in Heiron in order to give peace to the area and to Elsea.
    4. I will help others to know the location of Tigraki Islands to let them buy them designs and to help them enhance their crafting skills too!

Dimitra likes this.
  9. Beuwolfz

Beuwolfz Senpai <3

IGN:Beuwolfz
    Server:Siel
    4 Atreian New Years Resolution
    1. I will Craft Potion/Scroll/ and Foods So I dont need to spend much of my Kina.
    2. I will explore more places to discover some rare things/items that i can use or sell/trade to people in Sanctum.
    3. I will be more respectfull and friendly in all the people here in Sanctum so we can have better relations and I can have more friends.
    4. I will be more careful and defensive to the enemy asmodian in our war so I can still fight and support my team.

Thank You.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2016
    Dimitra likes this.
  10. OverLord

OverLord Search and Destroy

IGN: Amaterasu
    4 Atreian new years Resolution:

1.I will polish my ceramium medals so it looks more shinier than ever.
    2.I will clean and groom my wings to make me suited for a friend
    3.I will play, groom, and train my pet to have a better relationship between master and pet
    4.I will decorate my house so I can have a place to stay when I need to think

Dimitra likes this.
  11. Silloubaby

Silloubaby ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

IGN: Silloubaby
    4 atreian new years resolution:
    1. I will wake up early in the morning to cook and fed those lonely little creatures in Poeta.
    2. I will serve to Outremus the Brigade General of inggison fortress everyday and risk my life to defend inggison from the invading asmodians & balaurs.
    3. I will hunt and kill the creepiest creatures inside the deepest dungeons and give the lootings to the needy daevas.
    4. I will always refresh my soul inside the Wisplight Abbey and be more careful so that the inner darkness of asmodians and the spreading toxic of balaur cannot enter and consume my precious bright soul.

12. Kostantinoss

Kostantinoss Proficient

IGN:Bratsaras

1)I will build a hospital for injured asmodian templars,gladiators and rogues in Pandemonium and another one in Morheim for priests and mages.
    2)I will go to the university to become an architect and build my own house and learn how to craft my own furnitures so i can make my own house in Beluslan.
    3)I will save up some money to buy food and cloths for poor citizens of Pandemonium,Altgar and Morheim and try to cheer them up by hosting some feasts.I would also buy some firecrackers from Pandemonium's shops and give them for free by opening a shop next to brokers in Pandemonium so everyone can celebrate and have fun during these feasts.
    4)I will try learn how to play guitar so i can join my best friend's music club and travel arround the asmodian's territory avoiding elyos!!!

Dimitra likes this.
  13. Razor

Razor Master of Disguise Forum Legend

IGN: Rage
    4 Atreian New Year's resolutions:
    1. This year I'll focus on practising my control over Aether, its concentration in particular. Endurance in battle is key and that is where I lack. In 2016 self-discipline will rule over sheer rage.
    2. Make Beritra my pet dragon. Or rather, my female dog.
    3. I'm going to be extra merciless to all the Daevas who have to do with technology. That includes Aethertechs, owners of Jukeboxes and last but not least all those folks running around with smartphones talking all the time. It's about time someone made them hit the books.
    4. Now, being Asmodian is great, I like the badass finger claws and all, but. This year I'm doing everything in my power to get Razor to live up to his name and shave off that damned mane. I loathe it.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
    Aerozure, Yoshiniko, Kessie and 2 others like this.
  14. remuspotato

remuspotato New Member

IGN: Tempestturn

* This year I'll try to learn how to master the art of weapon smiting to be able to improve my financial needs and to be able to swing(woosh woosh) a nice remo greatsword and warhammer maybe ill try the other crafting skills later :D.
    * I will do a lot of push ups in Cygnea and Levinshor and 1km run in sanctum with my stormwing pet(Albion) to reduce my fats and to be physically fit to defend my beloved vielle and also to impress her(Oh how I love veille :oops:).
    * I will use my bodyguard skill more often to protect my friends and legion mates in times of trouble. (It will reduce the ":eek:oops sorry I didn't see you're dying mate arrrgh sorry ").
    * I want to try out the beaches in Cygnea and spend my summer vacation there this year, so that I can buy a new swimwear because I didn't have one :p.

Dimitra likes this.
  15. vantooth

vantooth Guest

IGN: Vantoot
    SERVER: SIEL
    4 Atreian's New Year's Resolution:

* As one of the members of the Fortuneers, I will do more works for the organization for the betterment of the organization.

* For this year I'll be focusing on being a mentor for as to help them get enough experience in fighting and become a contribute to the elyos army.

*For this year I'll be starting to polish my handicrafting skills to create furnitures to make my house beautiful.

* Last year I was eating too much, so this year I will start do work outs inside my house and have a balance diet to have a perfect and sexy body cause summer is fast approaching.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2016
    Dimitra likes this.
  16. Idrilke

Idrilke Proficient

IGN : Calamityjane
    Server Siel
    4 Atreian New Year's Resolutions :
    1. I will condition my wings more often to prevent me to loose my attack speed during an assault
    2. I'll go fight the amsodians legends like Zikel or Mistreated in Levinshor instead of zerging in Ingisson
    3. I'll will motivate powerful and well organized soldiers to raid in Danuar Sanctuary
    4. I'll find a new hat because my fedora is getting old

jeraa01, shablai and Dimitra like this.
  17. Mae

Mae Maeow 。^・ェ・^。

IGN: Icemint
    4 Atreian's New Year's Resolution
    * I will open my house in Oriel and invite my friends to stay there if they dont have a shelter to rest.
    * I will craft armors and weapons to help them gear-up to be ready for upcoming battles.
    * I will share my knowledge on how to use my skills to help them protect our dear elysea.
    * I will buy many potions and bandages so I can heal those who are injured brave elyos when they have battle *for free* (^_^).

shablai, Hizie, Aedre and 2 others like this.
  18. Vash

Vash Somewhere,

IGN: Sumtingwong

1. I will help maintain the peace in Atreia by killing Balaurs.
    2. I will farm Ceranium medal in Infinity Shard efficiently to have the best gear and prepare myself in future battles.
    3. This year I'll be focusing on improving my sword skill in order to climb to top and be best Assassin Atreia can have.
    4. Get along better with my fellow Daeva.

Zpiritcaster and Dimitra like this.
  19. tigrutza

tigrutza Lysse

IGN: Xonya

1. I will learn tailoring , because i will want to make my own wedding dress .
    2. I will also learn cooking , because i wanna open a restaurant in Pandaemonium , or a store , to feed all Asmodians!
    3. Also will be better if i will be like a nurse , to heal all the wounds of our brave Asmodians from the war by learning the alchemy.We all do need potions!
    4. I will dance with Zikel , in Enshar , cuz it's such a beautifull place , and will be better if others will join too ! To dance with us , and have fun because new year came !
    Happy New Year! Wishing you all a healthy and happy 2016.

Dimitra likes this.
  20. nerf

nerf Proficient

IGN: Aisakka

1. I won't allow poppy to be the bait again in stage 3 of Crucible Challenge instead i will take care of poppy.
    2. I will help the vendors in Sanctum who are working 24/7,for free.
    3. As a mighty and powerful Elyos, I will vanquish all the monsters in Dukaki settlement because they mine too much that causes the destruction of Mother Nature.
    4. I will practice and enhance my skills in alchemy and brew a potion/serum that will cure any corrupted and ill living thing in Atreia and free of charges.

Dimitra likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.