1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Balance of magic resistance

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by pipooh, Jun 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pipooh

pipooh New Member

I know there has been a lot of posts about the Magic resist but there never came an answer if there's going to be any changes or if keep it like it is now.

The problem starts with:
    rangers: Silence arrow / stun / root.

I myself as a cleric see no future with these skills as physical, yes retail they are physical skills but they got Stigma's this means not every ranger u meet got all 3 skills to keep u non-stop down. As cleric i got 1434 Magic Accuracy and 1378 magic boost(full Masta + ABG weapon/shield + ABG Juwels), some rangers got more Magic Acc than me while they are physical classes...(without Manastones). A full Masta player can easy resist my attacks & roots(because low Magic acc) but i got no chance fighting 1/2 rangers, they can silence me every 20 sec. root me every 30sec and stun me in between, and that all while i can only just sit and see my char dying(i use greater healing potions). And these days with the 10 vs 10 or more i get constant silenced because rangers know they can and will always focus on clerics.

I would like to see the skills as in 2.1 where it was nicely balanced, since i have to give up all my manastones slots to resist the skills.

Please keep this topic Spam free and give me your opinion about this and would like a Answer from Admin / Dev if there's going to be any changes or stays this way.

PS: Finding a cleric that goes pvp is rarely these days.. guess why?

Kind regards
    PipooH

2. PetromaniaC

PetromaniaC Banned

They silence me -> i pot it -> they use agonizing arrow and close my wings + prevent me from opening them -> i fall -> i try to pot the effect but my pot is in cd -> i die

welcome to gamezaion.

3. Isin

Isin Zerg me plox Forum Legend

I understand your pain...even though im an assassin i really do.(most of the time when they clip my wings i glide until my wings are off cd again then i pot the posion and fly back up and kill them

4. PetromaniaC

PetromaniaC Banned

Yeah but what if u're blinded and after u pot blind they do it?
    It's 100% sure death. that's NO pvp server

5. pipooh

pipooh New Member

Thats also a big problem, They want a balanced pvp server... yes this works perfect on lumiel and crystal but this is a full stigma server and highly populated so it doesn't work here.

Still waiting for a responds from GM/dev.

6. EagleN

EagleN Expert

silence arrow is physical skill with magical effect, so r other skills with debuff effect (-def, slow movement, root, slow atk speed, some stun, poison, rune....etc) at least in old patch. and now u cant resist any of them. MR is useless atm.

7. pipooh

pipooh New Member

It seems Magic resist never worked correctly here, Cleric really are nerfed these days and i hope they fix this quickly else i have to quit my cleric also. Also Cleric skills get resisted 80% of time even if the other person got less than 1k magic resist another weird thing that happends here.

Lets hope they find a solution fast, i miss my old times to support my group as it should be.

8. Thoglax

Thoglax Banned

Imo I enjoy this. Now MR does not make clerics chanters sorcs and temps walking tanks that can just have an lol fest. I believe it has bought some balance.

9. pipooh

pipooh New Member

Read first post, please don't spam my topic...
    Magic resist isn't working as it does officialy. If you have no clue about it please don't mind posting.

10. Thoglax

Thoglax Banned

I did read the post. You gonna get all pussy like if I have an objection? Like you said yourself some of the stuns you want to nerf are physical. On retail they stun you. ****ing deal with it. Also deal with the fact MR is not 100% resist anymore. Deal with the fact I am not spamming and deal with the fact you are not OP anymore.

11. Sleeping

Sleeping New Member

Abnormal conditions are deemed magic

12. HEX

HEX Legendary Member

mr its just buged ! Have some patience till they'll fix it ! Thank you

13. EagleN

EagleN Expert

dont make urself sound stupid. this aint balance. MR should be able to resist those magical effects. cus some class rely on that to survive. for example, ur supporter cleric, chanter..... they use MR/block (MR/parry) build. they need to be able to resist those debuff effect to run around,keep themselves alive to heal ur arse. and the fact is MR is not working rite. OK?

14. irondo23

irondo23 < R E B O R N >

Yup bump for u!!!... Silence and root and sleep of ranger is magic why i cant resist it???

I`am glad and my manastones is full resist socketed in my set and weapons---- i have 2.1k resist!!!

They`re mgic accu is about 1.5k --- its unfair!!!

Bump for you!!!

15. bluedeva

bluedeva Getting there

First of all, only silence and sleep are stigma skills for ranger, their root is from their traps which aren't stigma skills. The traps is also something you can avoid (unless they did it after putting you to sleep). Otherwise you're pretty dumb to step on the traps. Secondly, someone told me ranger's silence skill has a set m.accuracy of 1800. I don't know about sleep. I tested this sort of thing in retail, and recently had a friend test it again post 2.5. Silence and sleep got resisted by a templar that had approximately 2450 MR, resisted only a few times with 1987 MR, and always got silenced and slept at 950 MR. According to the OP, you had a significantly lower MR compared to the supposingly standard 1800 m.accuracy.
    Furthermore, stuns can NEVER be resisted by any amount of MR. This has been tested with a cleric, sorc, and templar, with the highest MR reaching 3.1k (templar with mr set +aether armor).
    So far, ankle snare and punishing wave from templar (the aoe root) can't be resisted by any amount of MR as well.
    Ranger's root trap has been seen to be resisted by a cleric with 2k MR, but also been seen to land on the same cleric. So not too sure if the root trap has a set m.accuracy.

16. tritium

tritium Proficient

<3 <3 <3

Last edited: Jun 25, 2011
  17. Cazaar

Cazaar Proficient

Excuse me,who pvp's in reshanta...only those who are scared to go to inggison-heiron and those who like to kill noobs who grind elder items..Flight pvp sucks..Especially if your enemy is a ranger..

18. Nujabes

Nujabes Well-Known Member

Are you saying this is what it should be or this is how the situation is currently being?

19. The Ablazed

The Ablazed Banned

This thread is full of people who have no idea what they're talking about.I think server is fine as it is.

20. Hersonissos

Hersonissos New Member

rangers debuff skills depends on the rangers' MA, there is no set MA for ranger silence arrow etc. There may be set MA for traps im not sure about that. But not for arrow skills. Also shock and shackle can root, not just traps. There are magic and physical stuns, rupture arrow will always knockback regardless of MA as it is physical, but stunshot is magic stun thus MA based. Skills like entangling, fleshcutter, silence, sleep, shock arrows are also MA based, this is why god retail rangers carry MA stones or sets. Also its not just ranger skills which are bugged, it seems some glad/temp etc are too. Skills like Oath of accuracy and slaughter give MA for a reason.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.