1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Error [1023]

Discussion in 'Problems' started by Neishi, Mar 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neishi

Neishi Proficient

When I try to launch I have this error:
    Aion[1023]
    Failed to set the graphic acceleration preferences.
    A few days ago I had fixed this by downloading latest graphic card drivers...or at least I thoguht I had, since now it's back <.<
    My googling gave me these possible solutions:
    -get latest drivers for whatever video card you're getting this error with

-delete system.cfg file and let launcher download new one

-run repair tool

So I tried the second, as the first was done already, but no change (the launcher didn't even download a new one). The third I have no idea how to do it. Also, those are from official forums so maybe it only works from official client?

Now I'm really out of ideas :( I even tried doing a dxdiag but it's all fine there...

My graphic card is an NVIDIA GeForce 8600 gt, if it can help.

2. Fantaros

Fantaros Banned Forum Legend

gameforce client?

you need to repair your L10N folder

1 person likes this.
  3. Smartik1

Smartik1 Walking F.A.Q. Forum Legend

not so sure coz the L10N folder has absolutely nothing graphics related in it

id probably run dxdiag from start and check the display tab, make sure the graphics card is listed (meaning the drivers r there) and at the bottom half it should say graphics acceleration is enabled

i googled a bit and some people said it happens randomly, some guy killed the aion.bin process from task manager and it worked after (so guessing pc restart would fix that too)

you can also try delete aion registry so it detects ur hardware (and graphics card) again the next time u run it. if u go to start, type regedit into the search box (on win xp its start -> run) and go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> Aion and delete the whole entry. no harm done through that, it will get recreated on next run

if ur on vista/win 7 id also turn off user account control (control panel -> users/user accounts -> UAC) and restart ur pc. this bs restricts lots of access to settings and file modifications so it could be the one making u unable to set the preferences

1 person likes this.
  4. Neishi

Neishi Proficient

nope

I found this suggested elsewhere to, but when I tried to click the explanation the link was broken lol. And no idea how to do it...

Anyway I fixed it for now
    it's funny how I went to look for aion.bin process it wasn't there...but after tryin the other things you suggested (with no success) I tried a restart and I had an infamous window "aion.bin process doesn't respond etc"...so it was really that one the problem...I guess that process just likes getting stuck out of blue and creating trouble. Hope restart will work in the future as well (but all those crashes..how annoying).

Thanks to both for help ^^ And I understood by now that smatick is sort of the official problem solver of the forum :p

Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.