1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Feeling horrendously crappy x.x.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CakeBaker, Nov 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CakeBaker

CakeBaker Sports Enthusiast

One of my closer friends was just diagnosed with a brain tumor. I haven't felt this bad for a long time.

Just need some cheering up is all x.x.

And no piolets stuff please.

2. Aegis

Aegis Guest

Honestly, don't come to these forums expecting excessive sympathy and comfort.

while that may seem harsh, that is only the blunt honest truth.

3. CakeBaker

Thank god you aren't his neurosurgeon. I wasn't expecting some ****ing lovey dovey fest. I honestly don't expect much out of this thread anyways. But heey, ****ing saying something about it is better than just ****ing bottling it up ;(.

4. Aegis

Aegis Guest

I know for one if I posted half the shit I see on a daily basis that I'd be trolled personally by you, mercykiller, and Alente would probably give me the title "qq baby that needs to stfu".

So, just being blunt. Irl = irl. Keep it off the forums, things will only get dramatized more. Good vent is music, I personally wouldn't reccomend alcohol though asit actually increases the emotional pain for most people.

5. CakeBaker

If irl=irl, I wouldn't see you posting your doctor shit all over the place.

6. Adieu

Adieu Respected Member

Oh my... not honestly sure what to say that could cheer someone up with news like that..

Uhm, I'm sorry for you're friend, I hope the best for him ._.

1 person likes this.
  7. Darkempress

Darkempress Proficient

Well, I hope everything goes well... And there will be cake.

1 person likes this.
  8. Aegis

Aegis Guest

I am far from a neurosurgeon yet, and I won't even joke that its more than just a dream at this point. GEtting into med is hard, neurosurgery is 10000x harder.

I can give you a bit of comfort though, with multiple treatments now it is very possible to help treat and at least prolong his life. We may not be at the stage to exactly 100% remove it (depending on what kind it is) but most likely we can help treat it.

I'm assuming it is a menginoma or was it a glial cell that went benign (or in a hopeful situation is it encapulated... that would probably be one of the better).

Maybe my Dr. shit will help you feel better; don't pretend that I haven't had even FAMILY (close family fyi) killed by brain tumors. To think that would be conceited. So grow up.

Added: Best thing you can do is be there for your FRIEND, not on these forums.

9. MzBella

MzBella Respected Member

Sorry to hear about your friend. :( its never good news to hear things like this.

1 person likes this.
  10. Xtlin

Xtlin Proficient

dont u have real friends that support u?? guess not but anyways u should be supporting ur friend not on a forum crying cuz ur lil pal is sick... worry bout him not bout how u feel.....

hope he gets better

11. CakeBaker

menginoma, apparently its easily removable also. But...****ing hell ;(.

12. Darkempress

Darkempress Proficient

Umm, how old are you? This is a f*cking brain tumor....

13. Xtlin

Xtlin Proficient

ur point is???? its a brain tumor i hope he gets better but no point with this threat.... i dont come crying and telling all my real life problems...

And i got a warning for this post.... ahahahahahahaha seriously....... then i will start threats talking bout my problems hoping that nice and sweet comments from strangers make me feel better =)

14. CakeBaker

Meh, just trying to get cheered up. Not crying, I've been through worse, just trying to feel better. And yess, I find writing about it is much better than talking to someone else about it.

15. Terrorized

Terrorized Beautiful Garbage Forum Legend

He's not crying about that, now just shut up :\ You shouldn't bullshit about something serious like this.

1 person likes this.
  16. MzBella

MzBella Respected Member

Please keep anymore inappropriate comments like these out of the thread.

17. Aegis

Aegis Guest

Then those are usually operable, most meningioma are encapsulated. Also if it is primarily kept within the meininges that means that his brain is likely intact.

Now things are really scary if the tumor was benign and coursing through the brain tissues themselves... the meninges are primarily 3 layers of tissue that surround and protect the brain, they are generally clean for the most part... and they have ceribrospinal fluid around them which also definately helps.

http://www.healthcentral.com/common/images/1/19080_9356_5.jpg
    (Image)

The likelyhood is that it may have slightly pushed the brain to the other side (similar to a contusion if it has grown very large).

All in all its very operable and he'll most likely survive.

But I still to my stance that you shouldn't be here on forums and should instead be with him, this is very traumatizing for most people to go in for any kind of surgery let alone be diagnosed with a growth that needs to be treated...

18. CakeBaker

Can't ****ing be with him, I don't have a car, and he got transferred to a hospital an hour away. A phone helps though. And sorry, I was hoping for a much more lighthearted thread than this, I wasn't trying to be melodramatic ;(

19. MzBella

MzBella Respected Member

Sorry to hear about the car situation. Atleast ya'll have the phone to keep in touch.. Keep a positive outlook and keep your head up high and it'll help in his recovering process.

20. Aegis

Aegis Guest

It is very common for people to be transferred to larger hospitals that have the manpower and ability to properly treat their patients (as well as hold them after surgery, because for the most part surgery is very draining on an individual).

I know for the community I live in there is a pretty decent hospital here, which can deal with anything thrown at them for the most part (neurosurgeons... aren't a common breed though...) and they'll most likely be sent to the university hospital or another large hospital within the main city...

Worst comes to worst try and take a bus to him, or taxi if you feel the need to... but be careful that you don't pressure him too much (which I am notorious for...) and give him space to think things out himself. It's very common for people to degrade into depression (or sometimes even a state of mania) when told traumatic news like this... so space sometimes helps them think out their thoughts.

Also I'll assume that they aren't elderly so it is very possible their immune functioning and general health are high (as well as nutrient intake)... so they should recover very well.

All in all don't worry... he'll most likely make it unless you have an "uneducated moron" like me... right? <Bad joke, I know>

Heres some scans to sort of give you an idea

http://radiology.med.sc.edu/Meningioma.htm

Last edited: Nov 19, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.