1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Getting Game Not Responding Message regularly

Discussion in 'Problems' started by Iriisan, Feb 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iriisan

Iriisan New Member

Hi there, the majority of the time i play aion i dont have any problems. However i have noticed over the last few days or so i have been having issues. Mainly the game stops responding and the i get the little box pop up which asks to send the problem report. Today i feel was particularly bad as it happened 4 times in less than an hour. Since then its only happened once. I did copy the text onto a notepad to see what the error was but ahh i dont know all that technical stuff. The only other thing i was running was ventrilo and i cant really see that interferring. Memory shouldnt be an issue as i have 4gb ram and a 500gb hd.

Ive attached the note if its any help.

Attached Files:

2. Iriisan

Iriisan New Member

I guess the anwer is no then :/

3. Iriisan

Iriisan New Member

Ok 5 times last night in 1 hour game stops working, the client wogg or woog file, and again today, some feedback would be appreciated.

4. Elianne

Elianne ♡ Lumiel Slave ♡ Forum Legend

What are you usually doing when you crash? I'm no expert but from experience, when I used to play on a lower-end computer, I would usually crash in large fortress raids or any situation that involved a large amount of players and/or too much processing power for my video card to handle and it wasn't something that could be fixed.

If you haven't already I would try updating your graphics drivers, or checking to make sure your client version is 2.7.0.1.

1 person likes this.
  5. Katsumi

Katsumi New Member

Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
  6. GraveXD

GraveXD Shhhhhh♪ (*'-^)- v(^_^ Forum Legend

By the looks of it there is something up with your bin32 file. Most of the times it's caused by corrupt files or files incompatible with the server such as old or too revisions. Some people have reported using 2.7.0.2 fine and other use it ok with some minor issues my suggestion would be to downgrade to 2.7.0.1 or 2.7.0.0 using this guide here. http://forum.gameznetwork.com/f64/[guide]downgrade-2-7-0-2-2-7-0-1-a-114633/ If your problem is still persistent repair your client using the ncsoft launcher then downgrade using the guide.

1 person likes this.
  7. Katsumi

Katsumi New Member

Ty i just fixed by restarting my pc lol

8. GraveXD

GraveXD Shhhhhh♪ (*'-^)- v(^_^ Forum Legend

^^ lol sometimes we take something with such a simple solution and turn it into rocket science.
    Glad your up and running :)

9. Smartik1

Smartik1 Walking F.A.Q. Forum Legend

the send log error is actually pretty common here, many of us get it after playing the game for a while and it has nothing to do with corrupt files

aion does like to eat up most of ur RAM though and im noticing people with more RAM get it less frequently

1 person likes this.
  10. Iriisan

Iriisan New Member

@Elianne Well last night when it happened all i was doing was leveling up my crafting. *cough* seeing as i hadnt done any and i didnt realise you could do it via work orders ><. There was nothing else running to interfere with the game. I only started playing the end of January so im assuming i have the right version, i didnt have to downgrade to get it to run the first time. See today ive only had that error once. I do admittedly play for long hours, as i get that nag message ingame (you have been playing for x amount of hours - take a break) and i do keep an eye on the processes as i noticed aion was quite system resource hungry. Next time it happens i will have a look and see how much useage. On the whole i enjoy the game, but when the client stops responding thing starts it gets annoying. If it did it once a day it wouldnt bother me but its when it does a few times in a short time period, that it winds me up.

11. Elianne

Elianne ♡ Lumiel Slave ♡ Forum Legend

Hmm, is your crafting level over 500? I know when I leveled up my crafting it would crash a number of times throughout the process, on the way to 500 and even more so if I was over. That's a glitch from the private server that I'm not sure was ever fixed. I can understand how frustrating it must be, though, to crash on a consistent basis without knowing when it will happen.

1 person likes this.
  12. Smartik1

my crafting is over 500 and i never crashed doing it :p aion does have a problem with memory leaks though. i have 4gb ram (3gb free when i boot up) but when i run aion, it slowly eats up more and more till i have 1.1gb ish free, thats when i starts lagging more and if i keep playing itll crash eventually. to avoid that i just shut down the game manually and restart it (if u wait for like a min or 2 ur ram will clear) and keep playing. that way u shouldnt crash during a bad moment

but yea some places can cause it more than others, like when i was pvping at the gelk fortress i crashed coz way too many things were loading at once (zerg of elys)

1 person likes this.
  13. Iriisan

Iriisan New Member

My crafting isnt that high tbh, essence tapping is stuck at 499 (thats another thread >< me having blond moment so dont go there) The others are between 300 n 430. I was just doin the work orders. Say that tho, i only had that error 3 times yesterday, and evenly spread throughout the day - which i find acceptable. Its just so grrrrr when it has a spazz attack and does it over a short space of time

14. Smartik1

get more RAM, they r pretty cheap these days. itll take longer for it to fill up so ull crash less frequently. i talked to a guy who used to get it a lot and then it just stopped after he upgraded to 8gb ram

btw gathering doesnt go above 499 :p dont end up like me lol. back when there was no cap i upgraded mine, now its an ugly empty bar that says 549/0

15. Redcarmine

Redcarmine Getting there

How can i check my client version?
    :whistling:

16. Smartik1

17. Iriisan

Iriisan New Member

Mine says local version 2.7.1.0 and server version 2.7.0.2

Oh the ram thing, i have 4gb atm, i'll look into upgrading when i start work next month, maybe invest in a monitor that has a on/off button tht works >< and a keyboard that doesnt have letters that work intermittently (mainly A S and tab - blame mate he spilled the drink)

Oh yeah smart, were u the guy/gal i was with yesterday in BT? when the vip guy dc multiple times on sw dragon boss thingy? If not np, if yeh then *waves xD

Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.