1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Getting Gold Medals

Discussion in 'GamezAION General Discussion' started by darkknight04, Apr 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darkknight04

darkknight04 New Member

I know previously you could trade silver medals for gold medals at the coin fountain in Reshanta, but now that the fountain is disabled, I'm wondering how people are getting their gold medals. I've seen alot of people advertising 100's of gold medals for trade, and I've asked around, but I can't get a response from anyone in-game.

Is there still a way to get gold medals? I'm on the Lumiel server btw. Any responses from players and/or a GM would be appreciated.

2. Frostie

Frostie Mew :3 Forum Legend

As far as i know with the fountains disabled the only way to get golds would be to do the upper fortress instances with VIP (As they are owned by the balaur but vip bypasses race restrictions on those) But i'm not even sure that gold medals do drop out of the chests in those. Or also from owning a lower fortress as those do give some gold medals to the brigade general of the owning legion.

3. Shunko

Shunko Expert

Hilarious, so now they even disabled the fountain? I guess it was just a matter of time after the admins found out about it's function. The amount of greed in this server disgusts me.

1 person likes this.
  4. Fantaros

Fantaros Banned Forum Legend

why did they disable funtains? i thought it was only with me :/

5. darkknight04

darkknight04 New Member

I tried doing the upper forts as well, out of curiosity more than anything, as I do have VIP account, however you can't open any chests in the outer forts (the guardian mobs don't drop keys), and the inner forts don't have any chests. I understand limiting the way players can get gold medals means they need to utilize the cash shop for pvp gear, but I would really like to work towards a 50E set myself.

I guess I'm just a little disappointed. Thanks for your responses.

6. Euthorix

Euthorix Getting there

Fountains? I get mine from fort raids. o_O

7. blue13thunder24

blue13thunder24 Proficient Forum Legend

to me we should be able to get gold medals a lot easier then what we can now

8. Shunko

Shunko Expert

That's all they have ever done. At first it would come with an excuse like 'herp derp it's broken and totally not on purpose and durp it will be fixed' but now they don't even bother with that anymore. People keep throwing their money at their screens to satisfy the enormous greed of the owner.

Personally i would recommend you to never ever donate on this server. If i'm really blunt i would say don't even waste your time on this server.

1 person likes this.
  9. darkknight04

darkknight04 New Member

Well I understand the owner wants to make money, but it would be nice on a PVP focused server to be able to work towards the lesser pvp gear. I'm fine with having to be VIP to run the upper forts so you can enter the instances, but atleast allow us to work towards pvp gear, and not just have to buy it. This promotes both PVP and a better community.

Just my 2 cents.

10. Lyralei

Lyralei New Member

you can still get 40 elite, i know its not the best but if you're a good pvper it should be enough =/

11. tempo22

tempo22 New Member

bumping into this thread.

I'm looking to get a EAT set and i'm suprised that it's easyer for me to get an APP set than the Archon tribunus.

Until yesterday i could get in the Inner fort instances with VIP but since last update, those instances didn't had doors anymore to enter.
    As for sieges, it's been around 3 months i'm playing on Lumiel and i didn't had the chance to see a abyss siege while i was online. ( and seeing the amount of balaur forts, i doubt there is anyone going to sieges... )

IMO,
    either you disable the balaur attacks while there is so few people attenting to sieges.
    or you give 10~15 gold medals as a reward for leveling to 50 ( survey method ).

12. darkknight04

darkknight04 New Member

I actually have 40E at this point. I used it on Aion Live for over 1.5 years, and it worked fairly well, but I find it lacking a bit more on this server with all the abg +15 geared players. Regardless I was interested in working towards 50E without having to do the whole trade thing. Maybe organizing some upper-fort sieges is the way to go.

13. Stark

Stark ᴘ ʀ ɪ ᴍ ᴇ ʀ ᴀ Forum Legend

Taking out a game's function and throwing out petty reasons like "it was being abused" sounds just too stupid for me. Of course, Laestrygo's Mirrage Weapons is on the Easter Shop so it's expected that more players will be needing Gold Medals / EGT or EAT Weapons.

Now, where to get Gold Medals or EGT/EAT weapons!? Right, I forgot! It's on the shop as well for 1000 credits...

I wonder how many more game functions are they going to remove or break purposely in order to get more $.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.