1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

[Guide] DVMN AETHERTEX

Discussion in 'Class Guides' started by Razor, May 2, 2015.

1. Razor

Razor Master of Disguise Forum Legend

This is unfinished! Until I update things feel free to use this thread to ask me anything!

[​IMG]
    Hi. The point of this guide is to remove, at least to an extent, the shroud of mystery around the Aethertech class, because even given that it's been around for quite some time now, most of the players on this server don't seem to have any clue what it does, beside that it's tanky and when it starts hitting you, you usually can't move anymore until you die.

Personally, I think they're by far the strongest class on a full stigma server and that in the right hands they're monstrous, .. invulnerable. Nonetheless, we're going to look at some things and perhaps see what their weaknesses are and which classes could abuse them to claim victory (at least once in a while n.n). So, diving right into it, I'll start going through their abilities and talk a little about each of them! By the way, I do hate them so please forgive me if I appear frustrated. I'm a poor sorcie, is all.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This is how they mount on their robot, not much to say. The robot state itself grants them some Physical Defense, Parry and 30% chance to resist any debuff. As long as a skill has some sort of effect applied to its target, it falls under this category.

[​IMG]
    Unmounts the AT from its robot, blinks them 15m away and full heals them, as well as removing most debuffs. Note that upon cast the 10s cooldown on Embark begins, which means they cannot mount again and must survive somehow in the meantime. If you ever happen to see an AT use this skill, throw rocks at him, and continue until 5 minutes after he stops moving.​

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Heals them for 3000 HP and 4000 MP. Kinda has the same role (and the same cooldown) as Prayer of Resilience (templars).

[​IMG]
    Free mana for the robot. Charge skill - the more, the more.

[​IMG]
    Healing Hand (templars) for mana. Except that it has only 10s cooldown, how could it not. (2000 DP)

[​IMG]
    More Natural Health and Mana Regeneration, as well as some raw maximum MP. 1min duration, 2min cd.

[​IMG]
    Why can't sorcerers have this? .. Up all the time, gives them mana sustain when they attack.​

[​IMG]
    I stood in shock when I realized that I couldn't really split their buffs into categories (offensive and defensive), since they kinda use everything for better offense. Sure there may be one or two that they use to run away more easily but they can charge into a fight with the very same ability so.. yeah, that's why the section name's like that. I'll try to start with the more defensive ones anyway.

[​IMG]
    Alright. So these two are basically the same thing, the latter simply being the version on anabolics (with the side effects: longer cooldowns and shorter duration), meaning that you obviously can't have them both on at the same time. They reduce the damage received down by 30%/50% respectively at the expense of the AT's mana pool (the skill eats through it ruthlessly, thank God). There's a limit to the damage blocked but that doesn't matter much. The ability also grants them 200/300 Stun (stumbles, knock-backs, aether holds and spins are unaffected) resistance, but makes them much easier to Sleep (neutralizes the +300 bonus from Embark).

[​IMG]
    Mana Wintry, how surprising. Just don't attack for 10s when you see this if you don't have mana potions.

[​IMG]
    Enter Aethertech, where your Remove Shock chain skill is.. wait for it.. MORE remove shock (8s) ! It's +300 root and slow (movement) resistances, as well as +300 MR, and +500 on all stun resistances (not 300 like it says in the description). 50% PvP Defense too, period.

[​IMG]
    This would be the anti-SM skill, if they didn't look like the anti-SM class already: 50% fear resist, 50% bind resist and 15% PvP Defense. Also +500 Stun resistance (see Kinetic Battery/Bulwark). All those fancy stats last 20s.

[​IMG]
    It charges at you hastily and if it has also fullbuffed, you have close to zero chance of getting it off you. Knockback resist +30%, Root resist -20%.

[​IMG]
    Cleanses attack speed reduction debuffs upon cast, increases the AT's Magic Boost by 500 and all stun resistances by 150. Root/slow resist +30%. Note that since both Thrusters can be on at the same, they would neutralize the latter to a final result of +10% Root resist.

[​IMG]
    300 Magical Accuracy, long duration.

[​IMG]
    Short power boost (10s) - 300 MB, 10% attack speed and 5% PvP Attack.

[​IMG]
    Same thing as Gunner's Spend Success (2000 DP buff), except that it also gives some movement speed.

[​IMG]
    Resists or parries the next incoming attack for 8s, 30s cooldown. Standard skill right? Sure, and it's where most of your deaths usually begin. Why?​

[​IMG]
    Note that the range of AT skills is 6~8m in general, unless stated.

[​IMG]
    These are the parry/resist respectively chain skills - they both stun: the parry one for 2.5s, 50% chance; the resist one for 2s, 100% chance and is ranged - 20m.

[​IMG]
    Charge skill, ranged. Charge #2 and #3 are very likely to stun (like 85%). Now.. what comes next?

[​IMG]
    Resist -> Backlash -> Steam Rush, every time. If you want to stop this, do not get stunned - use whatever stun resistance skill you have after you hit the Nullification Trigger. This skill is a gapcloser (15m) that lets the AT start messing with your insides like the mantis that it is.

[​IMG]
    Here's one of the proud members of that stunlock. Though.. aside from the 3s stun, this thing here will remove all and every damage shield buff that you can think of. Stone Skin? Gone. Discoball? Gone. Zikel/Nezekan's Shield? Pftsch. Bodyguard? Gone. Spirit Substitution? Gone. Protective Ward? Gone. Boon of Iron-Clad, Barrier of Severance - all gone. Even your Anti-Shock scroll too! You can only hope to resist this spell, really.

[​IMG]
    Paralyzes you for 1s - it's more like an interrupt that makes you panic. 16s cooldown.

[​IMG]
    Binds you (makes you unable to use physical skills) for 5.5s. 30s cooldown (so comes up every two Electric Shocks).

[​IMG]
    Silences, standard cooldown (18s). Not much to say here.

[​IMG]
    Roots for 15s from range (20m). Breaks on hit so usually ends up being comboed with the silence right before a Kinetic Slam nuke. Can also be used to prepare a Particle Whip/Steam Rush combo. Cooldown's a minute.

[​IMG]
    Slows in a cone (AoE) from 15m range. Low cooldown (12s).

[​IMG]
    This cripples your defense (-500 Magic Suppression and Physical Def). It can be on you almost all the time (14s duration, 16s cooldown), so it may not be a good idea at all to use a Greater Healing Potion just for this debuff.

[​IMG]
    This cripples your offense, much more seriously compared to the effect of Sundering Blade (-600 Magic Boost, -250 Attack). Lasts 18s and the cooldown's a minute. On the other hand, this one is definitely worth getting rid of.

[​IMG]
    The other Remove Shock chain of ATs is pretty standard - counterattack stumble. Will not work on 100% shields, .. but the AT probably removed it already anyway.​

I think I'll leave it like this for now so until I update things feel free to use this thread to ask me anything (ESPECIALLY CLASS-SPECIFIC THINGS)!

Markmyword, Aniline, Sougo and 14 others like this.
  2. Frix

Frix 고독한 Forum Legend

do you like turtles?

3. Rhamiel

Rhamiel Proficient

I love you

4. Razor

unconditionally

Frix likes this.
  5. Grrr

Grrr Highly Damaging Member Forum Legend

Nice that you bothered with this, I guess. I just don't see much point to it in its current state - it's basically a list of the skills (minus the braindead ones like "do 500dmg"), but with your own wording for their description. Anyone who might think of looking something like this up will probably just open aiondatabase.net and read the complete list from there. Not to mention it doesn't really fall into the category of a GUIDE. Yes you did excuse yourself that it's unfinished, yet "I think I'll leave it like this for now"

"Ask me anything" - would actually like to see generic/valid/common/used combos here + their counters (based on each class, including itself). Gear is obvious but you can include it. THEN it would be a guide.

6. Razor

I'm not making an AT guide o: I'm thinking more of filling it with information for each class on how to beat it. I'm afraid it'll be very difficult for me to put all of the theory crafting in order so I was hoping someone would just ask.. "what to do as sin" and then I go blabbering for an hour.

I also did nt wanna leave this drafted on my computer because after a week I'd forget about it.

7. Grrr

Grrr Highly Damaging Member Forum Legend

[​IMG]
    But explaining how to beat it as x class requires you to know what it would do vs x class, they're related.
    Also you might wanna mention that playing dubstep in the background increases movement speed by 5% on AT

Go sleep, it's late.

8. Daze

Daze D. Vampire

These ATs pretty much rapes assassin's :(

Low CD, Too much Debuffs and Buff and can engage from mid-range fights and close range fights.

I guess the ones who wins in a Sin vs. AT is the one who first silences the target ?

9. imrahil

imrahil Asmo's face smasher

Umm razor most ya info is wrong let's start with hyper gate detonation it removes all debuffs next drillbore removes all shield skills except temps 4k dp skills but can still do damage as it don't block magic based DPS, siphoning shells is only 15% ish to recover mana and its only a small amount, kinetic bulwark and battery take different amounts of mana from ya pool when ur attacked also stream rush hits twice so if u are able to put on AT or FE u gonna take damage after FE or the next attack after AT's resists are gone, no mention on convulsion beam that yes it roots but also does damage lightning teather binds yes but doesn't stop u from skilling as a sin, gunner,ranger,glad,temp or chanter its a root skill to charge kinetic slam so might wanna play a tech like I do or ask someone for info on tech b4 u make a pointless thread with only 75% info that's right

10. Razor

Woah that's discouraging. Might just renew my sorc guide and only do my own scenario vs AT, although what I had in mind applies to pretty much all classes.

11. lafitness88

lafitness88 I LOL at hackers

razor u play at? omg I would love to seen that you like one best sorcs I know... you in at sounds scary LOL

12. Rubyah

Rubyah The Celestial Nostrum

SHARPENED C = RAZOR OP....

Sticky Sticky Sticky Sticky <3

13. Mystia

Mystia Deaf to all but the Song.

You should probably research once more and rewrite this guide according to correct information. It has the potential to be a good guide. ^^
    I'm looking forward to seeing your new overhauled AT guide in the future. x)

14. Daniel

Daniel Håx

Whats the best Ms build for Aethertech? :3

15. Rubyah

Rubyah The Celestial Nostrum

MP/HP or use FULL BLOCK!!!!

16. ToOcOoL

ToOcOoL 你的媽媽是我的

nice build for aethertech?

17. Razor

MB/HP or MB/MR.

18. ToOcOoL

ToOcOoL 你的媽媽是我的

not need macc? or accu?

19. Razor

You could need magical accuracy (definitely not regular Accuracy, that does nothing for you) but it is generally okay if you miss a few spells in exchange for being resilient, that's how the class works.
    If you want the ability to assassinate, sure, you can go for a MA and MB combination with ratio of your preference, but that would only make sense if you want to kill someone the way sorcerers do, while unfortunately adopting their weaknesses in PvP as well (i.e. squishy as fuck).
    A pure MA/MB set could come in handy as secondary set if you need to kill an alone MR cleric or whatever. Not obligatory though.

20. Badrobot

Badrobot SNU SNU

This looks like the evolution of SW's OPness. Basically if you are completely useless in AION, use an AT or a SW.