1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

I start the game, and it crashes at NCSoft screen

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by screamomax, Aug 19, 2010.

1. screamomax

screamomax New Member

I load the game with the Gamez Aion launcher, and right when it gets to the Ncsoft screen, a box comes up says the program isn't responding.

I have Windows 7, 4gb ram, Atio Radeon HD 4200 graphics
    AMD Athlon II X2 Processor
    2.0ghz

2. Dementa

Dementa Providence Forum Legend

Try updating your DirectX.

3. Fright

Fright Proficient

As Dementa said, try updating your DirectX and your video card's driver.
    One more available option is that AION is not installed correctly, before re-installing AION, try to repair your client.
    Start menu > Programs (or All Programs) > NCSoft > NCSoft Launcher
    Look for "AION" in the list, right click and then choose "Repair".

The last solution is to re-install (=redownload) the game.

Good luck.

4. Anyclub

Anyclub Proficient

I think he is using the newest items.pak (16MB)? I have this kind of error when i use the newest items.pak ... its fine when using items.pak (14.4MB) but some people can use the newest items.pak w/o an error...

P/S: I'm using windows XP ... :(

5. ArcticWolf

ArcticWolf New Member

I recently had to do a full reinstall of Win7 64 bit, before this Aion worked perfectly. After the reinstall and reinstalling all my drivers I redownloaded NCSoft and the game launcher and set it up properly - no autoupdating, ect. - and once the game started to load it would crash at the NCSoft screen. I have the latest Nvidia drivers, DirectX and Sound Card drivers. I've tried complete removal of the game - to include all folders and making sure nothing remained in the registry, restarted the comp and downloaded and installed again... and again the same thing. After my 3rd try I gave up and came here hoping maybe I could find some help, and NO, I don't have the items.pak file.

This is the only thread that came close to my problem. :innocent:

6. amanoyuuji

amanoyuuji New Member

If you're using windows 7, especial SP1, DX11 should have been installed in the package, so no problem there.

Did you have these installed? (although these should be in the package as well)
    vcredist_x86
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...34-3e03-4391-8a4d-074b9f2bc1bf&displaylang=en
    net framework 3.5
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...fd-ae52-4e35-b531-508d977d32a6&displaylang=en

so just to be sure, download the latest directX update too
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...roductID=9C954C37-1ED1-4846-8A7D-85FC422D1388

If I'm not mistaken 4200 is the equivalent of 9300 and 9400 with NVIDIA, I've consulted with some of my tech acquaintances and they said, it's not that powerful, it's identical to the 3200, with just some slight improvements that are barely noticeable and you may have some issues that you'd encounter. so if the updates above doesn't work. That must be the case.

EDIT: I just noticed you're CPU too, 2.0 is cutting it close. Minimum is 2.8Ghz.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2011
  7. ArcticWolf

ArcticWolf New Member

I downloaded the latest Net Framework (4.0) as well as Vcredist_86 - already had DirectX from earlier today at the same time I downloaded the latest drivers for my GTX 570 (which works great in Aion - I had already used it prior to the re-install). After installing the 2 downloads you recommended I redid my updates as well. Aion works again and I was happy to find out I had 240 million waiting for me at the brokers - I've been selling a lot of a blue staff you get on Thermobos, made almost 1/2 billion so far LOL.

Oh btw.. I'm running my own custom built P4 Quad Core 2.8 Ghz (overclocked to 3.4Ghz) with 8 gigs memory and that Nvidia 570 GTX...

8. amanoyuuji

amanoyuuji New Member

Glad you had yours running again.. :wink:

Regarding the rig setup, I was talking about screamo's. Nice rig btw. I'm planning to assemble a new rig as well. As new resource hogging games are coming summer and fall this year.