1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Kinah to Kinah item

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by Eric F, Nov 3, 2010.

1. Eric F

Eric F New Member

Tl'dr version
    Create an item that can be purchased and sold at the merchant for a high price to allow trading beyond the 2 billion kinah cap.

Full version

Apparently on this server with high kinah rates, there is a huge problem of scammers over the 2 billion trade cap so I'd like to propose a solution:

An item you can buy for e.g. 100 million kinah that is stackable and can be sold for 10 million kinah.

Reason: to create an item that is used for trading beyond the cap of 2 billion kinah through stackable item trade.

NB: It would be required to not be affected by race ratios, if this is impossible it could also be possible to obtain through a repeatable quest asking for 100 million (and 1 billion for a quest giving 10).

2. Stacked

Stacked The Original God Glad Forum Legend

you can trade as much kinah as you'd like through the trade window, you just have to know how to do it.

3. Selik

Selik Hero of Justice. Forum Legend

Theirs a guide in my sig for this.

4. Eric F

Eric F New Member

Important: I just ran a little experiment with my friend, and it turns out everytime you input another quantity, it will be 1bil and that quantity.
    For example I was at 1,000,000,000 (2bil) and I put in 30 kinah so that it looked like 1,000,000,030. I traded it and it was only 3bil and 29 kinah.
    This is clearly a downfall of this trading system so use caution and make sure the trader puts 1 kinah in at a time.

I did not know about this bug but it still seems better to not rely on such a system that is so stressful to ensure no hacking, and again requires a lot of prior knowledge of this particular server.

5. Selik

Yeah that is also elaborated on in said guide in my sig.

6. german39

german39 Proficient

U have to put 1 kinah at a time, not the 30 at once...

7. Eric F

Eric F New Member

Yes, and what I am saying is that to trade you have to concentrate very hard on the trade to ensure you are trading the right amount, and if you miss an addition cannot tell at a glance how much is being traded.

So I am proposing a better trade system that is not unconventional and relying on reading a guide on the forum.

8. RedDevils

RedDevils Legendary Member

For what i read i think hes talking something similar to Gold Bars in LineageII...

The old server i played:

1 Gold Bar = 500.000.000

Gold Bars are stackable so u can have and trade any amout u want...

Not a bad ideia at all, but need to worked out and find a way to end with the duped kinah or even dupe the item.. EX: Gold Bars

9. Eric F

Eric F New Member

Exactly that sort of system, as it's used in many MMO's and quite easily understandable.

There is also the slight problem of racial tax, although unsure if this can be excluded, if not just use quests to obtain.

10. Selik

Yep I am quite aware of that system also.

Another game I played in used this paper money item and each one was worth about 100k.

But I doubt something like this will be put into effect is what I am saying. It is an interesting idea though.