1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Launcher Issue

Discussion in 'Problems' started by Kurodean, Dec 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kurodean

Kurodean New Member

It has been months since I played Gamez and I recently reinstalled Aion all together. Updated it to 2.7.0.1 and even found the downgrade.zip on here to revert me to 2.7.0.0.

My launcher will still not actually launch the Aion game itself. I click "Start Game" and it does absolutely nothing. Any way to get around this problem so I can play once again?

Tried Administrator Mode
    Tried GamezAion.bat as well
    Tried Repair
    Tried allowing through firewall

Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
  2. Teddeeh

Teddeeh Proficient

Did you install 2.7 launcher ? :< That way be the issue.

3. Teilak

Teilak Banned

Update your DirectX and graphic card drivers and make sure you installed the launcher in your aion folder.

Also try launching aion from the folder itself.

4. Kurodean

Kurodean New Member

I got it directly from the NCSoft Launcher just like the gamez aion website told me to do. Then I looked around the forums and found out that I need to revert back to 2.7.0.0, so I did that downloading the bin32 and version.ini from another thread.

My Direct X is already up to 11 and I have already tried launching it directly from the aion folder.

5. nikezero

nikezero Getting there

I have this same problem, so I'm redownloading Aion again and trying to stop at the 2.7.0.0 patch download.

Also, you need Direct x 9 to play Aion, since it wont let with Direct x 11.. well atleast not to myself.

6. Kurodean

Kurodean New Member

Well, I know the direct x is fine for me because I haven't had to change it since I last played.

7. Kurodean

Kurodean New Member

Also, something different I noticed is the launcher doesn't complete the "verifying files" load bar. It will get to the top yet never seems to actually complete. The older launcher, I do believe, the bar would disappear after verifying files. Not sure on that one.

Also, I have tried other private servers and the same problem persists, after clicling "play" or "start game" the launcher closes and nothing else happens. I have tried allowing it through my firewall as well.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
  8. Smartik1

Smartik1 Walking F.A.Q. Forum Legend

open ur task manager -> processes and observe what happens to aion.exe (or aion.bin, whichever is there). does it stay open but do nothing? or does it shut down?

also what OS do u use? (and turn off the user account control crap for ur own good :p many issues with it and aion + its really annoying asking u if ur really really sure whenever u try do anything, its in control panels -> users -> last option, restart ur pc after)

9. Albull

Albull Well-Known Member

I few things I need to note:

1.) Does it work with the NCSoft launcher before you apply the GamezAion patch.
    2.) If you load the Task manager then persist to load the game, please check and see is Aion starts, and then just suddenly stops on the Task manager.
    3.) Do you meet the requirements to run the game?
    4.) Try updating your Direct x 9 just in case.
    5.) You said the files won't verify, you could be looking at a few corrupt ones. If this is the case just delete and re download the game, hopefully that would fix it.

Albull

10. Kurodean

Kurodean New Member

Ok, I tried to take a few and test it on the regular aion. It will not load it at all.

Processes: Aion.bin starts but immediately closes.

I am using Windows 7

11. Smartik1

might be safest to completely trash ur aion copy and start over, get a clean client

12. Kurodean

Kurodean New Member

Ouch, well I suppose it is worth a shot. I'll update with results once I have done that.

13. Smartik1

also goto start -> regedit -> HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software and wipe the whole Aion entry there, just so theres nothing left behind

14. Kurodean

Kurodean New Member

Well, I am stumped this time. I fully reinstalled, got rid of the registry before doing so. Still not loading up. Nothing at all has changed it seems.

15. Smartik1

thats so strange...cant really think of anything else. u can try change the compatiblity to win xp or something (although it runs perfectly in win 7), u can try install .net framework 4 (only really needed for the gamez launcher, shouldnt make it crash from ncsoft launcher) but heh not getting any errors makes it hard
    Download: Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (Web Installer) - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details

tried disabling ur antivirus to make sure its not constantly killing the launcher when u try run it? (shouldnt happen though)

16. Kurodean

Kurodean New Member

Well, I have tried the compatability mode, even though it hasn't been a problem before. And I already have .netfw4 but I am trying a repair on that atm.

17. Kurodean

Kurodean New Member

Will a dxdiag help you at all?

18. Smartik1

dxdiag just shows u pc specs and ur latest version of directx so not really. aion needs directx 9.0c and u have that already

i just cant think of a reason as to why its shutting down right as u start it

19. Albull

Albull Well-Known Member

I concur this is a strange one indeed. Is there perhaps a second hard drive that you could try installing it on, just in case. Also, I don't know if you know how, but there is Virtual servers. (Basically you can put a server onto your computer, install a windows application on it and then use the virtual server as your PC) Perhaps that would run Aion where as your current installation of windows will not. Other than that I'm completely at a loss as to what is causing this. Sorry.

Albull

1 person likes this.
  20. Kurodean

Kurodean New Member

Well, direct x 9 would not let me install because I am running on 11. When I try to run that it tells me my version is more recent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.