1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

little help with starting aion

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by kakairu4, Jan 22, 2011.

1. kakairu4

kakairu4 New Member

this is my 1st post and just wanna know how you see my problem.. hope im not posting in a wrong section.. :joyful:

when i run aion through gamezaion launcher, it just suddenly closes after loading for few seconds.. i tried running it with .bat but still the same thing..

ive done all that can be done.. the bin32 download, the L10 replace, deleting bin32 and update, i tried to copy from my friend with a "working aion"(he can run aion with his laptop with windows 7) and tried it in my pc and got the same result, and i also updated my directx and display driver coz i thought they are the cause of the problem and still nothing.. got no ideas left. i tried deleting the d3dx9_38.dll file and started aion, it runs perfectly until when i login and pick a server, it will say "No game server is available to the authorization server" and then closes..

my OS is windows xp sp3. i think it has sumthin to do with it coz i have two friends playing aion in windows 7 and somehow in my pc it wont work..

so any ideas guys?

2. Selik

Selik Hero of Justice. Forum Legend

To be honest with you it seems you've tried everything we'd normally tell people to try. I will assume also that you have tried to repair your Aion client via the NCsoft launcher by right-clicking it and hitting repair. I doubt it has anything to do with your OS really as most MMO's are capable of running on XP fine. The only thing I can tell you to try is a full reinstall.

3. kakairu4

kakairu4 New Member

got a hunch that the probs is my pc itself. its kinda old u know but still runs fine with other games..

hmmm.. i see. so that wud take me one day to download again.. tsk2. if reinstalling still doesnt work, ill quit.. to0 bad, i really wanna play it but still i cant..

btw,
    is it a factor if i install aion in an external hard drive? i installed it there coz got no space left for aion since it wud take a lot of it from my hard disk..

Last edited: Jan 22, 2011
  4. unknowngst

unknowngst Getting there

Install Aion in *gasp* an external hard drive!!!! OMG!!!

Sorry for the over-reaction...but given that you said your PC and OS are those of older ones, YET you install Aion in external hard drive!!
    That's like saying, uhm..."Why can't I reach New York from California within 8 hours by driving...on a lawn mower!!!".

You should never, ever, install a game which requires high graphic and processor power, like Aion, in an external hard-disk.
    Playing games with high quality graphics and intensive CPU processing, requires a lot of disk reading/writing, and the I/O have to be done as fast as possible! With your older PC and OS, you would suffer much gaming-lag if you don't install it properly at local hard-disk.

Please make sure you install it at your local hard drive, and best if you just install at its default directory (C:\Program Files\NCSoft\Aion). It would save you a lot of trouble later.

5. Asanka

Asanka ~watching over you~

http://fyyre.ivory-tower.de/aion/no_ip_restrict.rar
    follow instruction inside (put both dlls inside aion/bin folder)

6. kakairu4

kakairu4 New Member

lol. just as i thought.. but i tried playing games installed in my external hard disk and it runs fine so i thought it would be the same with aion.. im gonna try it later. tnx..

@Asanka: ok.. ill try that to0.. tnx.

7. kakairu4

kakairu4 New Member

tried downloading the whole file again and got the same results... i also tried Asanka's instructions and still no good.. have no hope now.. i maybe the unluckiest guy trying to play Aion.. D:

8. Biscuit

Biscuit Trance Forum Legend

Honestly, I think it's due to the lack of space on your computer....sorry for bumping and old thread, but if you haven't found a solution :). Most of the games need a minimum amount of memory in order for it to run properly, try to make some space or just move other files to the external drive instead, whereas download the games directly to ur computer :).