1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

New damage formula is Broken...

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by AynSof, Aug 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AynSof

AynSof Banned

Stated in latest patch notes 05.08.2018 - Implemented new damage formula to be more retail like

Before with 200 AP, Boss weapons + Kutum i was able to delete Basilisks. After this latest change it takes 3x more time to kill them and i basically struggling to kill them when recommended AP is 190. Before i also tried Ronaros, It was to hard for me with only 200 AP but at least i was able to kill those mobs in like 1 min. Now i'm doing NO damage to Ronaros at all.

People in server chat also confirmed that overall damage after latest patch dropped significantly. This damage don't feel retail like at all, it is broken. I know staff tried their best but well...it went out as usual with programming...Still better than my buddy. He's fixing his server and company software since like 10 years

FIX PLZ

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
  2. Baba1

Baba1 New Member

I will agree with OP that damage has changed a lot of classes seem to be struggling with any kind of pve at the moment, but speaking for myself on Musa, Striker, Ninja, and Kuno seem to either not have felt the changes or something because I noticed 0 difference and heard from others playing those specific classes they felt no difference. So they will have work to do, keep in mind they did state WIP (work in progress) so at this time just be patient and let them fix this.

loboram likes this.
  3. djinner

djinner New Member

i have to correct myself... wtf actual fuck is this dmg nerf i am doing not even 10% of my damage that i did yesterday....
    this cant stay that way..... i mean this is not a nerf but a fucking HUGE DIFFERENCE of night and day. 3-5 seconds for a group up to 1minute now....
    for reference : berserker lvl 65 230 ap 300 accuracy- manshaums grinding spot.

PS: i remember when they changed monster dp and hp from kamasylve and other regions on retail. it feels like the same happened here but only the dp changed not the actual hp of the monsters.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
  4. AynSof

AynSof Banned

I also checked Pila KU ( recommended AP 210 ) which i was clearing before. 200 raw AP + Kutum + 120 AP from buffs which sums up to around 360 AP + all skills max lvl and i was no able to clear it at all. At least 1min to kill base mobs not to mention Violent ones which are impossible now...

FIX PLAX

djinner likes this.
  5. SuperCyan

SuperCyan New Member

Keep damage the same, lower DP on mobs. I agree with OP

6. JedSenpai

JedSenpai New Member

yes i found this so real im a striker 189ap 260dp on crescent shrine and i was able to kill the mobs fast now i cant kill it as fast as the natural way striker should have the most damage class of the game but now when i latest patch was up they nerf or somehow buff all the monsters or somehow change the damage output of all classes!

7. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

Oh you mean: https://nerf.hasbro.com/?
    But that has nothing to do with this game at all :D

Jokes aside, I have had plenty of trouble fighting mobs in Kamasylvia, but it sounds to me like whining when all it comes down to is how long it takes to kill something. If all that has changed is the time it takes to kill a mob then there is no need to throw a temper tantrum, also as another post stated it is still a work in progress which means it will get tweaked as needed. All you need to have is patience on this community people, that is really all it takes.

8. djinner

djinner New Member

if the time is a muliplicative of 10 times or higher than its still a big problem and should be vocalized or nothing will happen. i cant grind at the moment effectively, i hope this gets resolved soon.

9. loboram

:hilarious: I get it, making a post about something that really upsets you is something that everyone does right?
    But comon kid: "I cant grind at the moment effectively" is not a statement to be made in connection to a computer game but something someone would say in connection to a job, grinding effectively or not, Can you grind at all? If the answer is yes then there is no need to get all up in arms over it, yeah I get that there are some aspects of our server that aren't what some people would prefer to have, like suddenly some class is underpowered and everyone who likes that class will go: "I can no longer play this game" which is of course a lie because sure they can play the game just not the way they have grown used to. Also things will be changing due to fixes and special tweaks that are made to this server as well as newly released versions being integrated but that seems to be quite alright to most players, but as soon as they are no longer able to feel like invincible gods in-game they usually whine and cry about how terrible the game has gotten, even using several swear-words in their post as if that is how people talk to each other and not JUST something that has emerged online simply because they feel safe behind a screen making outragous statements towards complete strangers.

As I said I know that there are problems here on our server but it is a PROJECT, not a company of several hundred employees making millions a year, if you want to give it a try then by all means make your own private server and invite us to show us all how you know how to do these things and how you fixed the whole game, if not then just keep your pants on and take a deep breath, in time things will get better :D

10. AynSof

AynSof Banned

It's called feedback what we do here.

djinner likes this.
  11. djinner

djinner New Member

@loboram i think you overevaluate a little bit tooooo much. you kind of getting triggered by us voicing that theres an issue... you realize you attack us for feedback? right ? we didnt attack nor curse at anyone, yet you call me kid - you should pull 1 or 2 steps back man whats your isse here? Let me rephrase it for you : We talk about an issue with the dmg formula that just received feedback because of its massive impact on the overall gaming experience. what do you even want to point out here? it seems you have mental problems and need attention from people. if you have nothing of value to contribute to the issue or thread just stay away or go to reddit and whiteknight there.

PS: to answer your question(maybe you could inform yourself before ranting, i guess thats too much asked)yes i can grind nowhere. im doing under 10% of the dmg i did before maybe only5%. it whould take 10-20x the time to make the same grinding progress. i hope it was understandable for your intellect now.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
  12. Noyah

Noyah ᴜɴғᴏʀɢᴇᴛᴛᴀʙʟᴇ Forum Legend

If you are unable to have a normal discussion without throwing insults at each other, there is no point to leave the thread open.

loboram likes this.
  13. djinner

djinner New Member

It was a pretty good summarized thread until that dude needed to troll us. you can decide whats best. im gonna ignore him from now on, he didnt contribute any helpful information about the issue tough, he just trolled. next time i submit my issues to the bug forum..

14. loboram

Funny how you see whatever you want to see :)
    The facts are that I only called you a kid and that is it, but you immediately ran with it making it into something well out of proportion and yeah I have made several rants lately simply because I cannot stand that kind mentality that you are so obviously flaunting here; You refer to me as having mental problems for calling you a kid and saying that things will get fixed if only you relax and give it time.

THEN you say that you did not use foul language which is a lie since it is quite plain for anyone to see that you did.

AAaaand here you are directly accusing me of "trolling" which is as far from the facts as you can get pal, I have at no point told you off and yeah it is only you that got up in arms over the problem as well as my response to it :p

I will try to leave you alone for now but seriously grow up or mature or whatever you need to do buddy before throwing stones while living in a glass house :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.